The evil council continuation (Possible NSFW)

boz
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - The evil council continuation

@MarauderPilot
OOC: Ah yeah, for a moment I thought those Wraiths were air. Still Doc’s force capability compared to covenant being low keeping a low profile and letting them come remain the best strategy.
MarauderPilot
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@boz
OOC: Banshee’s are the atmospheric fighter-bomber we see most often, them im fairly certain their void fighter than enter atmo-relatively effectively as well.
But if that means what i think it does, yeah, that’s part of the reason why i was thinking the tanks would stay back at a certain distance once the defenses are down with the IFVs and APCs only coming up to deploy the infantry and provide fire support after pulling backsomewhat. Since it’s pretty clear what tactics can open up to take out AFVs in closer engagements.
* Not long after the human tanks start opening fire alongside the salvaged Covenant vehicles, 90mm tungsten sheathed HEAT shells flying out towards the active defenses as the wraiths slow down letting the sturdier vehicles race ahead of them. *
MarauderPilot
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

OOC: And the shell type is some personal extrapolation on my part since it’s mentioned that the Scorpion’s have a smoothbore main gun. With, if memory serves it being HEAT shells that need smoothbores, but with the main shell type for the M512 having been mentioned as having tungsten in it’s make up.
boz
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

OOC: I’m always a little at loss with the halo stuff, especially when not dealing with it since a while.
* The enemies defense did their best to stop the vehicle ignoring the threats against themselves as the garrison detonate traps on the hill leading to the fort, causing some landslide. *
boz

@MarauderPilot
OOC: Is that so odd to have traps at this distance? Taking into consideration that there is easier path they could expect enemies to takes. A lot of minefields are bigger than that.
MarauderPilot

@boz
OOC: Im talking about the landslide they’re using as the trap. That takes time to travel, time that can be used to get out of the way, or for the aircraft to just use saturation attacks against hte path of the landslide from outside of the range of the remaining AA to either divert or disrupt the rocks.
boz

@MarauderPilot
OOC: I guess. I was repeating something Doc did back then but the donkey I was using could have drown or been crushed by falling rocks that they had nothing to divert them with unlike you so I suppose it isn’t very effective unless against those close to the trap when it is triggered. Still it should happen as it is what the terrain there is like regardless of how impactful or not is it for you.
And it’s getting late so I’m going to leave on this. Night.
MarauderPilot

@boz
OOC: I mean, why not wait untill they are closer if it was planned in advance? If i was in that position and planning to use it, well if nothing else the infantry would still be screwed over by a multi-ton bolder slamming in to them even if the armored vehicles were to far back.
BUt i suppose the issue there is that i’d be expecting it, and that you know that i’d know and so on.
boz

@MarauderPilot
OOC: There could always be more than one spread over the distance. From what I think it was between me and Doc the donkey faced that problem the whole way up until they reached the wall.
MarauderPilot

@boz
OOC: Yeah, though, im not a geologist or a demolition expert. But, it seems like a landslide made by blowing a chunk of already cleared mountainside would be a lot smaller than one that was resulting from boulders that had built up over time and had become unstable unless you are doing, radically restructuring to the mountain as a whole with the explosives.
Which in turn makes me wonder why they wouldn’t just trap their trenches, bunkers and so on and pull back to the mountain itself where all the chokepoints would be inside of the base.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide