The evil council continuation (Possible NSFW)

MarauderPilot
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@boz
OOC: ….Eh? The Goalkeeper inspired defenses were the anti-air. CWIS. Close In Weapon System. The big minigun turret things on warships used to shoot down missiles once they get close by simply putting out so many rounds that a few of them will hit, ideally enough to destroy the missile outright by detonating the fuel or warhead, or at least cause ot to crash short of the target.
boz
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - The evil council continuation

@MarauderPilot
OOC: I was just saying which one between goalkeepers and flak seemed closer to what kind of AA there was based on their concepts. Fast firing gun was closest to what I pictured Doc having than shells based AA artilery. Being kinda like a goalkeeper doesn’t make it exactly like it.
MarauderPilot
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@boz
OOC: They can also be used for AA, and would be fairly effective in that role should a aircraft actually get close enough.
Is the range still half that of the HMGs?
MarauderPilot

@boz
OOC: ALright. That raises some issues then since it would likely be a callier unsuited for AA use against things heavier than helicopters and thin skinned ones at that if it’s got half the range of a HMG, which im guessing would be in the 12.7mm/.50cal range.
The previous post was based on the assumption that it was something akin to the Goalkeeper’s GAU-8.
MarauderPilot

@boz
OOC: You see, that’s assuming performance at the further reaches of it’s effective range. And armor penetration, accuracy and so forth would likely decrease more and more the further out it is.
MarauderPilot

@boz
OOC: It might increase the base penetration, but it would still decline since it would be loosing velocity as soon as it exits the barrel, with the base penetration and velocity already being comparatively low since it would seem to be around rifle calliber based off of the range difference.
MarauderPilot

@boz
OOC: Alright, believe me i want to get to the IC stuff as well. But i want to be sure everything makes sense first so no problems arrise from potential plotholes.
So, if all the ranges are halved, that still leaves the problem, but even more severe since that would likely be well within the range of even dumbfire rockets let alone PGMs from the pelicans, armored vehicles or magentically guided plama weapons.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide