Worst moral in an episode

Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
In fact, I’d struggle to find a piece of media that portrays a “princess” in a better way. How many other shows have the husband marrying into royalty? How many other shows is the title earned?
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Well, we all know the ones that fell flat. Dragon Quest (“your adopted family is your real life, not your biological one” -> “don’t search for your roots, be comfortable with staying ignorant”), Feeling Pinkie Keen (“think outside your box” -> “superstition over reason”) etc.  
But in all of those cases, the lesson itself wasn’t intended to be bad, the story just failed to convey it. Which is not at all uncommon in FiM, actually.
BronyInDenial

I hate the moral of Griffon the Brush Off, if only because they break it with Return of Harmony.
Friendship isn’t always easy, but it’s worth fighting for…
Except when it’s not.

That’s not the moral of the episode. The moral is that bad friends exist and that eventually you will be able to tell a false friend like Gilda from a true friend like Pinkie Pie.
Trickquestion

If you have a negative experience with one group of your own culture who happen to be jerks, your entire heritage is bad and you should reject it for the culture of the people who won’t tell you how they got you as a baby and regularly treat you like dirt.
ClownDicks

“If your friend is doing something you don’t like, don’t talk it out. Gang up on them and make them miserable. That’s what friends do.”
“If you’re a girl, your greatest dream is to be a princess. Why bother being something that benefits society when you could play dress up all day? What’s that, you don’t like pretty pink princesses? You want to play sports? You don’t care about looks? What kind of freak are you?”

“The right answer is always meeting in the middle and compromising. Always.”  
“If you’re a demeaned outcast, the only way to become accepted is by playing along with the mainstream that scorns you.”  
“If two of your friends have irreconcilable differences, dump the friend whose problem behaviors would be the hardest to solve of the two.”  
“Fuck with people who pose an immediate physical danger to you. They just might be total bleeding vaginas!”  
“Gypsies should never aspire above their station.”  
“Fuck modernity!”

@Itsthinking  
They call themselves princesses. We treat the term princess with all the respect it has come to deserve: very little.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@ClownDicks  
That’s because a majority of former absolute monarchies have decided that they prefer democracy and only keep royalty around for tradition. It’s not respected in modern society since they do nothing but waste taxpayer money.

However, Equestria is best described as an absolutist diarchy with incredibly powerful elite. Ascent to princesshood in Equestria isn’t an excuse to sit around all day. It means making decisions and occasionally putting your own body on the line.
ClownDicks

@Itsthinking  
That’s not the only reason the term princess is now treated with disdain, but it’s certainly a big one.

And I think one of the main reasons Twilicorn gets so much flack is the whole “every little girl wants to be a princess” thing. Yes, I know there’s more to that quote, but the rest doesn’t make it much less insulting.
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
Don’t punish a bully for being a complete jerk, just forgive them and it will all be okay. Babs Seed.

BZZZT! WRONG!

Reality: Bully laughs, spits in your face, knocks you down, beats you worse then ever.

(Mostly joking. Though Babs should have been punished)
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@ClownDicks  
Didn’t Faust herself say that the quote was unfair and she knew McCarthy meant something else? She meant that Equestrian princesses are the ideal and yes, no matter what you want to be, they have morals that people should aspire to.

@Princess♠Molestia  
I’ve never met a bully that bullied strictly for the fun of bullying. Most of the time they do it because they don’t have control somewhere else in their life and they don’t care how they get attention.

I always see people say “oh but noone cares about me being bullied, only response is violence” or something like that. I suppose I was lucky that I didn’t just stop trying to get help after my teacher did nothing, huh?
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@Princess♠Molestia  
Still. I know a lot of people went to school when teachers didn’t care or something, but I’m pretty sure when you go to the principal with your parents and tell that the teacher isn’t doing their job…things happen.

I’d know. It happened to me.
Background Pony #E6B8
The moral of A Canterlot Wedding was pretty much the opposite of Bridle Gossip.
ClownDicks

@Itsthinking  
Pure damage control on McCarthy’s end. But I can’t exactly blame her; if she were to publicly poo-poo the whole pretty pony princess thing, Hasbro would let the rest of the industry know that she mouths off to the bean counters and she’d never work again.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@ClownDicks  
She can only work with what she’s got, but I think she has to play cat and mouse and constantly push what she can write. They wanted to get rid of any mention of slavery and she somehow got to keep the idea…
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The moral of “The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000” is supposed to be all about taking the time to do things right versus rushing through a half-assed job, but the way things were presented, that was overshadowed by a strong “technology is bad” vibe.
The message of “The Washouts” is all right in and of itself, but in the context of Scootaloo’s character arc it starts to lose its luster:
After years of struggling with a disability, she finally comes across what looks to be a satisfying second choice to the Wonderbolts, a career opportunity that perfectly matches her talents… only for us to get the message that this was a BAD thing. Which wouldn’t be a problem if there were some meaningful discussion (in this or any other episode) of what she could actually do with her life, except there wasn’t.
She got her own fan club, but not an opportunity to actually do anything fan-club-worthy - which made it seem like she shouldn’t need to actually do anything noteworthy with her life to be happy, just be praised for whatever mundane things she’s capable of and be satisfied with that.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide