Why is Gen 5 Seemingly above criticism?

Ghost Reviews
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I know that we should reserve our true thoughts till it actually comes out, but there seems to be some that believe, or at least act, like the new show is “perfect” and above reproach. That is a dangerous line of thinking, that something is above being criticized.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
I have plenty of criticism but I won’t condemn it until we see the movie. Which is a whopping 200 days away.

But yes I despise the toxic positivity of this fandom.
Background Pony #3743
You all act like we shouldn’t be excited and hopeful for this new take on the franchise. Typical of this fandom
Background Pony #AF8F
That combined with my despair at the actual state of the world of equestria I loved so much in what I can only say is a mockery from what I’ve seen, is why what was supposed to make me happy, has resulted in misery of a nature in unfamiliar with. I don’t know what to do other than to give this part of me up.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
What fucking planet are you on? There’s plenty of criticism towards G5. Not to long ago you had people having an aneurysm over the main character being an “activist”. You still got people not sure about the 3D look.

But just because it hasn’t shit the bed doesn’t mean there aren’t any issues worth mentioning
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Imagine being so negative about a show that did not even come out yet that you have to make a thread like this

Just checking your comment history it’s complaining, complaining, complaining.  
Maybe learn a bit more positivity and a bit less entitlement?
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Imagine hating incessantly on something with like eight seconds of content half a year before it even premieres when the vast majority of the fanbase is excited about the new changes and happy for the first time in a couple years lol

G4 ended a year and a half ago, we can always go rewatch it as much as we want as a new gen doesn’t change its existence. But as far as active pone content it’s time to either move on, let it go, and embrace the new, or just stay in the past and let the rest of us actually enjoy things and be hopeful it’ll be good. I for one definitely want to give the latter option a chance
Ghost Reviews

@Vree  
I don’t complain because I’m entitled, but because I just see life and things in it for the crap it is.

@EquusStorm  
You can learn a lot from just a glance, even if you don’t think you can.

@Kiryu-Chan  
Unlike the woke SJW’s on Twitter, I don’t lump everyone into a single pile. I know that there’s people who agree with me, and others who just don’t care.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I mean, I’m not seeing anything anywhere that’s implying that G5 is “perfect” and that it’s “above criticism”. As far as I can see, there is still criticism thrown at it regarding the art style, sudden departure to G4, muddy continuity to G4 and all that. If anything, I see it just as criticized as the other more controversial parts of the previous generation like Twilicorn and Starlight’s redemption as examples. Also, saying that it’s a “dangerous line of thinking” is implying that you don’t like seeing others excited or looking forward to something that you don’t like, when ironically, that itself is a dangerous line of thinking.

Overall to answer your question, it is not above criticism and it sounds like you’re just basing your arguments off of a small sample from one website. If you dislike it from first impression, then that’s perfectly fine and it’s your opinion, but making threads and arguments like this doesn’t help your reputation or how others see you.

@Ghost Reviews  
@Vree
I don’t complain because I’m entitled, but because I just see life and things in it for the crap it is.

Then i’m sorry to say this, but that sounds more like a you problem than anything from G5.
Ghost Reviews

@Myoozik  
My rep was destroyed years ago, and my relation to this fandom is basically non-existant after all the sh** I’ve been shoveled and shoveled back. That’s why I wanted Gen 5 to be good, a fresh start. Remember those old leaks from 2017? But, from what I’ve seen, it’s just a shell of what it could be.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
If anything the 2017 leaks are worse than what we have. One thing I could not tolerate is just recycling the mane 6. At least they didn’t do that.

Seems they decided to recycle the universe instead but despite my doubts on how they will explain away the entire previous generation to re-tell the racism plot, I’m not willing to pan it yet. I’m vaguely interested. But on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being super excited and 1 being not excited at all I’m sitting at about a 4.
Ghost Reviews

@Myoozik  
Venting, and getting my opinions across, not that many, if any, really care for it.

@Ranch  
That’s the problem, that they are trying to force a modern moral instead of naturally incorporating it into a world that’s different from ours.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
@Ghost Reviews

That’s not the problem. The entire windigo legend was about racism lol. The problem is they are doing it again. That’s lazy. If G5 was a totally different and new world then it would be better, but as it stands, its like the writers forgot how G4 ended.
Ghost Reviews

@Ranch  
Or, more likely, Hasbro just doesn’t care. I mean, it should’ve been obvious that they don’t care for MLP after the Book episode, or the fact that they renamed their animation division to Allspark.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Ghost Reviews  
Very well then, guess i’ll leave you be but once again, writing stuff like this will only cause more people to call you out and sink your reputation further. It’s probably for the best that you don’t watch it cause if that’s how you feel, then just avoid it so you won’t have to complain even more.
Ghost Reviews

@Myoozik  
I’m not that much of a dunce. I do hope that I’m wrong that that it will be good, but I’m just realistic about it. The fact that Hasbro basically abandoned Gen 4 after the movie, and the fact that it just looks and sounds like a knock off, is what causes me to doubt.
Background Pony #B2DA
I’m not sure why everyone’s rushing to defend it with such fervor. I’d guess contrarianism, but as evidenced by some of the replies already here, people do seem to be viciously leaping to G5’s defense so it seems a step beyond just that. Maybe the remaining fans are still wound up from the vicious mockery Pony Life received so they’re already chomping at the bit to defend G5’s honor.

I’d also guess some level of emotional attachment to ponies beyond just enjoying them as a franchise. I think it might be related to a similar hostility I saw from people attempting to defend Season 9, it’s finale and epilogue, and Pony Life. I wonder sometimes if these people just want more pony, regardless of its quality.

To give my taste real quick, I don’t like what I’ve seen so far. I’ll try to give the film and series a fair chance, but it hasn’t made a good first impression with me, and at this point I doubt I’m going to like the movie, the models are off-putting to me and the jumpy animation I’ve seen from it so far isn’t I style I’ve ever cared for. I hope the series itself is still going to be 2D, I’d hate to see them try and use those models on a TV budget, that might kill all interest I could possibly have on style alone.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Frankly I just want to enjoy some goddamn positivity about something after the shitshow that was 2020 and be excited for anything, at all, whatsoever, anymore. Haven’t been excited in many years.

As for style and personal opinion, it’s probably good that G4 ended when it did; I personally think it peaked in S7 and began to lose steam without exploring the worldbuilding it tried to introduce. Hopefully G5 gets a bit less sidetracked towards the end. The new show has a more realistic look with less garish color schemes and IF, a big IF, the show looks as good as the models for the movie do, it should be pretty visually appealing at least. The TV show budget is a concern though as that style won’t translate as well to 2D.

I’m not even super attached to pone at this point as I pretty much accepted G4 ending right as it did and went back to my usual haunts of the internet for my other interests. My only connection to the show at this point is nostalgia with friends and helping my fiance with her G4 pone art and merch sales.

Pony Life was briefly entertaining but quickly became fairly grating, so maybe my hopes shouldn’t be so high for new content, but for fucks sake the constant negativity and whining coming from the fandom ever since the finale makes it really hard to stay in said fandom where I’ve spent almost an entire decade. I can see where a lot of the complaints from the outside come from with the incessant petulant tantrums from grown men every few days over a toy sales cartoon for preteen girls. I guess most fandoms are that way; if that’s the case I certainly don’t plan to be in any more of them after this.

I have every right to be hopeful that this new girls’ show whose target audience is not us will be watchable, and I’m damn sure using that right, because I refuse to dismiss something that looks charming and entertaining without reason to do so after my last few dismissals of such were proven very incorrect. We aren’t the target audience, so either watch it or don’t. Maybe it’ll be good, maybe it won’t, but I’ll be watching it the day it airs either way.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide