Why does this website hate Cozy Glow so much?

Charade
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Platinum Supporter - Platinum Supporter

I mean I get that she was a villain. But she was just as much a villain as any other villain but as far as I can tell no one else gets as much hate. The ‘Abuse’ tags for the other two ‘Legion of doom’ members have far less images and Tirek’s has less then 100, despite having arguably done the MOST irreparable (At least not instantly reparable) damage. He flattened buildings and incinerated wide swafts of land and forest, killing who knows HOW many, and leaving more homeless. Yet his ‘abuse’ tag has not even 50 images?

Now obviously people can draw whatever they want, I’m just confused as to why Cozy in particular is so hated. She really doesn’t stick out to me as a particularly egregious villain. Or am I missing the point? Is it something unrelated to her role as a final villain? What makes Cozy stand out from say Chancellor neighsay? Or Starlight Glimmer who caused years and years worth of suffering over and over and over again (Sure it was created and erased in an instant to us, the viewer, but in-universe thousands of ponies had horrible lives for however long the time skip was. Over and over.)

Now I do have a guess… Is it because Cozy’s method of villainy is more realistic and more relatable? Like… its easier to hate a villain that uses manipulation and false kindness than to hate one that uses fantastical powers or mind control and brain washing? Because manipulation and false kindness exist in the same capacity in the real world does that make people hate her more despite the more destructive and numerous evil actions of other villains?
deactivatedfaafba
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I hate Cozy Glow, and I never even knew that she’s the MLP villain with the most abuse tags on Derpibooru. I know that all she did was steal magic from Equestria, and you’re right about the other villains having nastier actions than her. Queen Chrysalis impersonated Cadence as a means to sneak into Canterlot, even uses her army to engulf an area (but she doesn’t have an army anymore, so that point is invalid), but her methods of impersonation to capture an area were very sinister. Lord Tirek did the same thing Cozy Glow did, but he sucked the living fuck out of ponies to steal magic, and even destroyed Twilight’s library and is just an all out destructive son of a bitch who is hungry for power. King Sombra however enslaved an empire and even traumatised me in the Season 9 Premiere with the ponies in Ponyville having green glowing eyes. However despite the other villains’ actions I don’t hate her more or less than I hate Tirek, Chrysalis and Sombra, I hate all those 4 equally. I don’t hate Starlight Glimmer and your point on her is invalid as she’s been reformed. But seeing as my hatred is equal on those other 4 I feel there should be more Tirek, Chrysalis and Sombra abuse pictures, that would make my day to equal it out with the amount of Cozy Glow abuse there is.
Charade
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Platinum Supporter - Platinum Supporter

I feel like part of it is a sadistic pleasure in torturing a small child, and Cozyglow, being ‘cute’ and small is a prime candidate for such dark fantacys the same way Sootaloo was. Only with Cozy there’s less outrage and push-back since she was indeed a villain.

I also don’t think the fact that Starlight was reformed invalidates the years of suffering she caused, both in the timelines and in the village she ruled. And if ‘reformed’ invalidates arguments then the reason to hate any villian is invalidated as its easy to see the only reason the last three weren’t is because the show ended. If there had been more seasons there is a 100% chance those three would start being reformed and some other villains would pop up.
Latecomer

@Charade  
Isn’t it also because she’s cuter to draw? Tirek is kind of ugly - pictures of him being abused are pretty boring. Cozy abuse is funny because she’s small and cute, but also deserves it. Or something.
deactivatedfaafba
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Latecomer  
I wouldn’t necessarily say that Cozy Glow is cute, but nasty and completely diabolical looking (That’s my opinion), same goes for Chrysalis and Tirek for me. And seeing as they’re characters from MLP that I hate, it’s fun to watch them being abused. And you’re right, about how she does deserve it.
Background Pony #CB4D
@Charade  
Always thought there was some underlying yet paradoxically overt sadistic and I’m sure in many cases sexualized pleasure derived from depicting a characters suffering through gruesome torture and alike at the hands of the artist or their audience, whether they admit or even understand it fully themselves is another question. The fact that in this case the subject happens to be a child is even more concerning/disturbing and probably why most who engage with this sort of obsessive hatred and punishment towards said character to the point of fetishizing it aren’t even aware or choose not to acknowledge how they are perceived by the rest of the community through shame or even once again they mightn’t even have a basic insight into their own behaviour or feelings stemming from what is most likely a lack of maturity or intelligence, like the boy who kills small animals but doesn’t understand why he does it or the feeling they get from it, then you have those who embrace their sadistic desires fully aware of the gratification it brings them and seek to enact this vicariously through art and fiction, in this case with Cozy Glow, lets just hope it stays in fiction and that they can get the help they need.
Background Pony #CB4D
@Latecomer  
No more than some of the other comments on this page.  
Was on my phone and just typed it out in one go and didn’t really have time to clean it up, sorry.  
But yeah definitely think untreated mental health issues plays a huge roll in this type of behaviour.
Background Pony #CB4D
@Latecomer  
Good advice.  
I’m Just waffling with no real qualifications as usual.  
Who knows how anybody really ticks anyway.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
This fandom has a dark weird sense of humor, the abuse tag being full for her is haha so edgy a abused kid. Cozy is actually loved by plenty to the point where many seem to be willing to disregard any and all her villainy and portray her as a innocent victim
Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
@Charade

I don’t give two shits about Cozy as a villain. THe thing is her personality it self (“aww, I’m cute, except I’m evil”) gets incredibly annoying and just makes me hate her. Villains are supposed to do evil and nasty stuff, but Cozy’s personality is also incredibly offputting it really makes me want to punch her in the face.

That being said, like any abuse edits and shit, they get a bit too in the nose, repetitive and unnecesary, though I have filtered the abuse edits so whatever.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I haven’t finished the season 9 yet, but judging from what I saw in the last episode from season 8 that I saw a couple of days ago, I don’t necessarily hate Cozy Glow, but my main complain is that there’s nothing interesting about her. She’s boring.

I think she’s like that because someone in the animation or writing team really loved the very first minute of Undertale and decided to do something similar with a little pegasus and extended it with many episodes until she reveal her true self in the end of season 8. Nothing more. I think it was a misleading character development. I think it would be nice if some details weren’t that obvious and if she was actually angry and trying to get away with it. Whenever I think of an angry Cozy Glow, I think of Izma from The Emperor’s New Groove. I think it would be funny to see a very angry villain who’s physically weak. To me a good villain is either funny or menacing, and I think Cozy Glow should have been a funny villain.

Like I said: I don’t hate her, I just find her really boring, as boring as a Makoto Shinkai film.
Latecomer

@Ring Team  
Well, that’s your opinion. But there are plenty of us who find her interesting. Sure, she may not have many explored depths in the show - but how may characters do? Especially villains? The fandom has always loved taking simple but evocative characters and fleshing them out.

In any case, I hope Cozy impresses you a bit more in Season 9.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Twi Clown  
Thats kinda a good thing if u hate her although i love to hate cozy as i hate her for being such a nasty piece of work but i love her for it because it makes her a good villain. I feel like if cozy wasn’t a kid she wouldn’t have the level of sympathizers she does.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@CORDZ2000  
I finished watching Sparkle’s Seven. So I’m pretty far to finish it. But I really like The beginning of the End and Uprooted.

I’ve heard that this is one of the weakest seasons like season 8, but considering that I don’t think the TV show is very consistent (and because by the time I went this far to finish it I don’t care too much about their narrative problems), I think it’s being alright.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide