What's all the fuss about Fallout Equestria? I haven't read it

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Hi.
Last week I’ve read here that the fanfiction Fallout Equestria got its own Wikipedia entry. For many people who’ve read it, that’s amazing. And part of me loves it because it allows other fanworks getting more recognition.
Another part of me is that I wasn’t as excited as other fans because I haven’t read it. So, what’s all the fuss about it? Based on the title, I assume it’s a mix between Fallout and My Little Pony. My first impression back in 2012 is that it’s not an appealing mix. I played Fallout for a couple of hours and got bored of it and My Little Pony, as good as Friendship is Magic is, it has some problems related to continuity and consistency that made me feel ambivalent about it.
In other words, I wasn’t interested in a fanfic based on a franchise I didn’t care and another franchise that has its highs and lows.
If I have to read it, the only fear I have is that it would be either too long or too long and also unfinished. But, other than that, what’s all the fuss about it?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide