Villain ideas

Trickquestion
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

So, we at last got an Earth Pony villain everybody. Surprisingly, he was also the only villain to date to fully succeeded, scampering off with a huge bag of bits and apparently evading arrest.
Background Pony #96BF
Sombra without any viewer age limits and executive meddling. Unleash this tyrannic walord who is hatred incarnate on a 18+ version of MLP and he will show you why he would be the best villain of the show.
ClownDicks

@Trickquestion  
Something tells me it wasn’t enough to retire on like he wanted. Remember, he only wanted to sell it to the beautiful woman with the fake beard because he thought a certain Humanimal would be a no-show, not because she made a better offer.

He’ll be back.
Ore-O
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Squidamouche
One or more of the minor antagonists turns into a major threat and sticks that way for a few episodes via magic, rigorous training, or augmentations.
Background Pony #B798
One word…  
Tirek!  

But really, Tirek was a kick-ass villain in the original series. Creepy design, intimidating henchmen, and a suave and terrifying voice. Imagine how awesome he would be in generation 4. In fact, the first cartoon had some pretty awesome villains from what I understand. Tirek or Grogar returning would be phenomenal.
ClownDicks

@Background Pony  
But they’re 2scary4little girls, so that’s never gonna happen.

That said, Jim Cummings for Hypothetical G4 Grogar and someone who can do a convincing impression of Mako for Hypothetical G4 Tirek.
Background Pony #B798
@ClownDicks  
Interestingly enough, Victor Caroli, the original voice for Tirek, voices the Paralyzed Horse from Bravest Warriors. Since he is still doing voice work, they could just go ahead and have him voice Tirek again if they wished.
Background Pony #B798
@ClownDicks  
It’s true, though I think Jeffrey Combs would make a great Tirek, utilizing a voice like his Scarecrow one. Jim Cummings as Grogar does sound amazing.
Background Pony #B798
@Trickquestion  
This! I feel It would be really kind of jarring for a Crystal Pony to watch as one outsider is usurped only for another to take the throne. Now Cadance is no Sombra, but I think it would be great to show the crystal ponies as being very uneasy and cautious concerning outsiders. At the very least, it would lead to an interesting dilemma for Cadance and Shining and finally give some characters to some of those sparkly ponies of the north.
Dr_Robotpony
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Thread Starter - Fantasy Equestria.

Self proclaimed expert
For a new Villain it would be best to look at the other ones and see what to use and not use. Nightmare Moon was an envious sister that wanted attention, Discord is the spirit of chaos and is “reformed”, Chrysalis is a parasite that attacked Canterlot out of a necessity and Sombra was a power mad Tyrant. So what qualities should be taken and what should be forgotten?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide