Unpopular opinion time

CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@CORDZ2000
And yeah, magic leaving Equestria wasn’t her fault contrary to popular misconception…

Besides…what was she supposed to do? Let Opaline steal the magic and conquer Equestria?
Posted Report
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
A massive “Celestia in Twilight’s Kingdom-level” blunder that only resulted in generations upon generations upon generations of unicorns being completely unable to reach their potential and made everyone’s lives far worse off.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Dustcan
Which happened as a result of the ponies choosing to be divided, not because of Twilight. They still had access to their magic from the Unity Crystals until they split apart.
Posted Report
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Spinny
Ultimately that’s on opaline and the races deciding to combat each other. “It making their lives worse for generations” there isn’t really any proof of that, the ponies seem to live life just fine with or without magic. Infact without magic kinda puts them on equal ground when u think about it
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

I have no interest in memes like “Scootaloo Chicken” “Pipp is Short” “Sun Butt” “Book Horse” but there are some I think are cute or interesting like “Jazz Has No Ears” or the cute one where Trixie likes to eat Pinecones or Peanut Butter.
I think I like the princess, Celestia, Luna and Cadence about an equal amount to each other
Spike is so adorable! He is the only dragon from G4 that really interests me, Ember is okay, but I prefer Spike
Sunburst is kinda underrated. I love his palette and voice!
Maud is alright, but she doesn’t really interest me that much
G3 may be cheesy, but I like the pony designs
I love Jazz’s colour pallet
Rocky is underrated
Posted Report
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@CloudMistDragon
pretty much what i said in a earlier post here, she shouldn’t be considered a dictator for something that seemed to be a last result
The problem there is that we weren’t shown any evidence of Twilight (or any of the other major characters) doing anything to counter Opaline’s racist propaganda before going all “last resort”.
“It making their lives worse for generations” there isn’t really any proof of that…
Did you even watch the G5 movie? The earth ponies were so paranoid about getting invaded that they were desperately buying self-defense products designed by ponies with the engineering skills of potatoes, and the unicorns were in a deep depression over the loss of magic. Even the pegasi were only able to get on with their lives because they’d been led to believe that the royal family could fly (never mind that three ponies capable of flight wouldn’t make much difference in terms of national security).
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
Alright I’m back and I see not much has changed in that this thread tends to derail into what should’ve become its own separate thread entirely. It was going better in a different if we simply don’t speak of the “forbidden” name.
Anyway, I’ve read the previous pages and yes, we all got the point. But have you done the same for us? Show any empathy at all?
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DoctorWTF
Actually, there is no problem, since it was heavily implied Opaline was doing far worse things than just spreading propaganda.
Yes, even before Twilight’s message in Make Your Mark, it was implied in the comic that she was a threat they had to actively combat. Discord says right there that things too terrible to describe happened. He was at least able to put Opaline’s propaganda in words, therefore…what can we infer? And this was going on for many moons, so Twilight and friends definitely did not just immediately jump to sealing away the magic. And again, with the whole “generations having their lives made worse”…I’ll say it as many times as I need to…CHOOSING. To Be. Divided. The ponies could’ve still had their magic if they had stayed together and they made the choice to be divided. Why should the ponies not be held responsible for their decisions?
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DoctorWTF
Well, we know for certain from Twilight’s message in MYM that she was trying to steal the magic and while it’s possible there was some kind of “race war” considering what happened in the FiM finale…it doesn’t seem likely that was one of the “too terrible to describe” things Discord meant. Not only is Fluttershy running with a unicorn and an earth pony in the image where he talks about what he can’t describe, all of the tribes were united for some time after their magic was sealed in the Unity Crystals, as shown by the image I posted earlier where pegasi are flying and a unicorn is using magic.

Whatever “race war” happened couldn’t have been too bad if they were able to make up like this.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I think in the pilot of G4, the other Mane Six ponies acted like jerks to Twilight. They had no manners and were kind of rude to her.
And they wondered why Twilight didn’t want to be friends with ponies who literally ignore Twilight’s feelings…
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Well they didn’t know that much about friendship and met a stranger for the first time, and the fact that it took the return of a long lost pony from millions of years ago to make them friendly to one another is kinda funny to me.
@TheQuietMan
An odd thing for the Young Six to get hated for
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide