Unpopular opinion time

Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
The school of friendship was a bad idea from the get go.
First off the idea behind it is teaching subjects about “friendship”. I dunno but I was feeling they started to overstretch the main theme of the show a little bit too far. Sure, you could make an argument that it’s more like “human interaction classes” but still, I’m not really sure it works well in a show that showcases fantasy adventures and comedic slices of lifes, specially because that would also means they would get too upfront with the lessons.
Once the actual execution comes in it really didn’t change my perception, the stundent six were utterly boring (I do have some small guilty pleassure on Smolder but as a whole the rest of the student six as both individuals and group were rather forgettable and bland), and the plot with Neighsay was honestly rather unnecesary. Is just an asshole who says “only ponies so no creditation”, it doesn’t bring anything interesting, not even the fact that the Yak’s belligerence or the changelings invasions could have explain his logic agains other creatures while still portraying him in the wrong, but no just make him a jerk for the sake of being a jerk and not even an entertaining one.
It doesn’t help the classes themselves are also not really something really extraordinary, is just some small history classes and something something else, is not like Celestia’s school for magical unicorns or Cloudsdale’s camp for flyers, heck AJ’s barn makes better use for Earth pony related things.
Posted Report
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

It doesn’t help the classes themselves are also not really something really extraordinary, is just some small history classes and something something else, is not like Celestia’s school for magical unicorns or Cloudsdale’s camp for flyers, heck AJ’s barn makes better use for Earth pony related things.
Yeah, there’s one thing I noticed: The conflict of “School Daze” started when it was claimed that friendship can’t be taught in books, but EEA rules strictly forbade outside-the-box methods of teaching. But whenever later episodes would show what goes on inside the School of Friendship, we see books and chalkboards and homework and tests and crap. Oh-kaayyy…
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@Mr.Myoozik
No, but honestly I just wanted to let out how much I disliked the school.
@DoctorWTF
Is not like homeworks are inherently wrong as much as it’s just downright mundane feeling it’s not really exciting at all.
Posted Report
Background Pony #3F17
Unpopular Opinions should be changed to Divisive Opinions. Not necessarily unpopular but enough to cause a debate.
Also I know this should be obvious, but I want to ask. Is it okay if in my fanfics I only have straight ships? I’m just not interested in LGBT ships.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I think Owlicious is underused. Seriously I wouldn’t know he existed of it weren’t for that Spike taking care of pets episode or the episode Owlicious was introduced.
Of course I wish they would have given that owl more jokes that that who joke.
Posted Report
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
Frankly, I’d say the School of Friendship almost makes more sense than there being actual school. Once you get your cutie mark, what you learn in normal school barely even matters by that point. You have your lifelong destiny, and it’s up to you to make something of it. The School of Friendship at least teaches social interaction, something that may be more important for anyone with a cutie mark that’s directly tied to helping others, such as the CMC.
Posted Report
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@Spinny
Disagree. Just because you have a special talent doesn’t mean overspecialization is healthy. You could say for example Pinkie Pie, she’s great at comedy but controversial when outside of it. I don’t trust in traditional schools per see but the idea that once you get a cutie mark you already have everything in your life in terms of functional skills is not something I agree at all. And honestly social interaction can be learned in lots of ways that doesn’t always involve a school, much less something that quickly gets stagnant after a while.
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I agree. The owl deserved better.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Even if I think the Yakity Sax episode was mediocre, I actually dont think Pinkie was being as a hole. She was sad but she wasn’t trying to guilt others into making her play the sax.
If anything it’s friends that were really to blame. They seemed to have no sense of nuance. It’s either allow Pinkie to play the instrument like normal or completely restrict her.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
But that was way too ignorant of her, and it absolutely misused Pinkamena. The first time Pinkamena appears Pinkie thought her friends stop caring about her and she would be left alone. It gives you the impression Pinkie truly cares about friendship and ponies she holds dear, but Yakity Sax tells the opposite, that Pinkie literally cares more about a random instrument than the friends that love and care for her so much. If it was just Pinkie feeling sad, it probably wouldn’t have been as bad. She wasn’t even that sad when she realized Maud Pie and her friends don’t get along. It makes Pinkie Pie really shallow when in reality she is actually a deeper character than that.
Posted Report
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Resident Spin Fetishist
I still can’t believe how much of a non-factor Pony Life ended up being. Despite it effectively being the last time we’d see the mane six, it totally just came and went without the fandom caring that much about it at all.
Posted Report
Algebroot Neogears
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Sci-fi & Dragons
@Spinny
At first I thought there would be plenty of fanart based on any unique content it introduced, but then literally nothing ever changed aside from the 1/10000 chance of seeing a random Pony Life related image (including fanart).
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide