Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #05FE
@Blissful690
To be fair, Discovery Family had lower subscribers, even during G4.
Combined with how long it took for FIM S5 to come, it probably may explain why they went to Netflix.
While I don’t approve of binge watching, I think Hasbro only sees the benefits of it, not the consequences.
Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
@Blissful690
Only by proxy even if “ruin” it’s too strong of a word to use here, considering the lowering in Netflix subscription and unstability for the platform itself to keep people stick into them. They haven’t get a lot of revenue either, which it’s why you should never put all your eggs in one basket, has they try to put the movies and shows in a lot of platforms they could have given away more money in a burst but could get more revenue if the people get interested in the show.
Honestly though I find binge watching tiresome so the idea of watching 4 episodes in a shot for example would be rather fastidious. Not to mention the idea of streaming services is that you can watch whatever you want whenever you want or need, although that also means no one should be hard pressed to binge watch a show, just watch an episode, digest it and tomorrow you watch another so it’s not like people doesn’t have a choice for that.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
So there’s this relatively new tag called “I watch it for the ears” which applies mainly to G5 ponies and the way they emote with their ears.
But I’m here to say that I’ve been watching it for the ears since FiM, and have long considered the way ponies emote with their ears to be one of the most precious things about them.
So…nice of you all to catch up!
Posted Report
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
Most fan nextgens are terrible and bring in the extra baggage of overly sensitive and immature shippers who can’t write to save their lives.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Fair enough but to provide an alternative point of view some consider it quite cute. I know I did as a kid and still sort of do. Kilala and Carnifex’s oc’s had a sort of charm. It’s fun to see what they are like after the fact.
At least to me. I guess it’s still sweet to see a Sparity child for me.
Even the more amateur next gen families give me that warm charm that reminds me of when I was more innocent. Though I can see that objectively a lot seem to be made by amateurs and probably teens.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Mr.Myoozik
I disagree. I think this concept could work with MLP. As long as you make the tone not too dark. Contrary to what it seems I didn’t want it to be some sad story. I want it to have selfies parties and stuff.
But what I was thinking would be there would still be an adventure and a challenge to overcome. It would be like in One Piece, having to find the treasure which could take forever. There is a lot of freedom but there is always a goal to tie it together.
I think the most interesting part of A New Generation was the unknown and the journey to explore. And after the movie, it got a little boring to me. I prefer the idea that our heroes still have to work for their goal.
And for characters like Sunny, I think her character shines more when there is more of an actual crisis.
And for little girls, maybe it would be nice to expose them to some adventure comedy with some little dramatic back stories to teach them about life.
@PixelatedPony
Honestly that’s one reason I disliked the pilot when I was younger. I wanted Nightmare Moon to be a recurring villian in the first season. It felt so rushed seeing Luna and Celestia get together so quickly. It would have been nicer to me if they had built up to that.
Although on this point this was before they had season long arcs so probably not too realistic for Season 1. But it could have been cool for Nightmare Moon to have stayed a villian for awhile and to solve the mysteries of her evil and to try to work to reform her.
Posted Report
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
Honestly that’s one reason I disliked the pilot when I was younger. I wanted Nightmare Moon to be a recurring villian in the first season. It felt so rushed seeing Luna and Celestia get together so quickly. It would have been nicer to me if they had built up to that.
That wasn’t really feasible at the time, they didn’t know whether FiM would be a success so I can see why they didn’t do that.
Posted Report
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Mikey
That’s so weird because, how many shows or movies hinted at continuing before getting canceled or going dark?
Nobody can see the future, but at least act like you’re just getting started.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I don’t know, I don’t believe the writers are talented enough to pull something like that. Not to demean or downplay their writing abilities, but I think stories like that would be way out of their skill range and if they did, then I don’t think MLP FIM would be the right show for it. That would definitely work for an original series but for a franchise as simple as colorful horses going on adventures, I don’t know how much of that would clash with the tone or really, how the target audience would react to it.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
MLP got the standard 65 episode syndication. It’s why season 3 was only one cour long: they only had 13 episodes left after the first 2 seasons were 2 cour each.
So they knew if they didn’t get cancelled after the first season then they had the rest of the industry standard to tell their story. Which explains both why S1 felt comfortably self-contained while S3 felt like a series finale.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Yeah. After they got renewed you can see seasons start to have more overarching plots, up to and including in rare cases season finales ending on cliffhangers.
Since they knew they weren’t ending “soon” they could dabble in longer form storytelling than before, especially when they knew they already had at least another season already greenlit. Sure enough when S9 was confirmed to be the last one for realzies they spent that season mostly on plots tying up loose ends.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Dustcan
Which some ends are still not tied. And also because Twilight doesn’t use her newfound powers, most likely because she’s not an “official” princess yet. Rule stickler to the end.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide