Unpopular opinion time

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Ring Team
Starlight rarely got any focus, with only Chaos Theory(49-51), Friends Forever 35(Twilight and Starlight) and Generations had a heavy focus on her. For the most part though she’s pretty much absent. In fact I’m pretty sure even the Student Six got a lot more attention in the comics than she did
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Mr.Myoozik
I might borrow some of the ideas from there which I liked.
Though I haven’t checked out G5 besides some of the screencaps/gifs posted here.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I think some of the IDW comics should have been official episodes. With the way a certain character was written, the pacing and the concepts, I wish these stories were actual episodes.
But at least it’s finished. Let the Twilight tale be over. She had a good run.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
I mean I’ll give the comics some credit
  • Their portrayal of the Wonderbolts was significantly better than the show’s
  • As was their portrayal of Zephyr
  • EQG RD got a better special from the comics than the show
  • We actually got not just one, but two Transformers crossovers, both of which were great
  • Friends Forever subline was mostly consistently good
Generally speaking, the comics were a lot better when they were doing simple one shot stories rather than big, “le epik” multi-issue arcs
PixelatedPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Luna Best Princess
I’m still very early in the comics but so far im loving them, the art is amazing and so are the expressions for the characters. The humor was also in line with the show and got a bunch of laughs out of me from the Chrysalis returns arc which I recently finished reading.
So far my impressions of the comics are very positive and might surpass the show for me if this continues.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Ring Team
I understand given your personal distaste but anyway if it helps.
Click at your risk
https://derpibooru.org/tags/chaos+theory+2528arc2529 This arc is about Discord converting himself into the Lord of Order, Accord who acts like someone very familiar that’s standing right beside him.
This other story takes place after Season 10 and before The Last Problem where Starlight only took a half of the arc doing basically nothing. Also it’s a crossover between g4 and g1
Every other comic is just her in a cameo.
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
Speaking of the comics, there’s something I’ve been wanting to know:
Are the S10 comics a part of the show’s canon or the comics’ canon? I’m asking cuz a majority of the fandom doesn’t consider the events of the comics to be canon with the show’s continuity.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Artist -

@Phoenixflambe
I haven’t read the spoilers but, regardless of major roles, cameos, mentions, brief appearences or featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series, I don’t think it would help. I just don’t like manipulative and selfish characters being presented as “the good heroes”.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@DragonBoi471
Up to you, but generally in some povs, and by Andy himself, Canon until otherwise. Nothing since then can disprove Season 10 unless the G5 comics or show say so. So yeah, it happened sorta
@Ring Team
That’s new, what about Dante? And I already know you don’t like her, but why? The reason I’m sure ain’t shallow as ignoring her development because you should’ve seen she’s struggling. What if it was Chrysalis? Discord? It would be the same result since no one by right should’ve instantly trust them as much as Starlight. In fact, what makes different from every other villain that repeated more crimes? It’s even like 7 years since and if she were to betray them at any point, it would’ve happened before The Last Problem. Not to mention she like every other character that has presented, emotionally unstable. She’s angry at best and asks questions later. Trixie does it too, Dash does it too, even Discord does it. She’s no different than any villain or hero. She’s just some ordinary pony.
Megalobronia

Nintendo Nerd
And I already know you don’t like her, but why?
Most of their reasons aren’t very good ones. They include changing Celestia and Luna’s cutie marks in “A Royal Problem” (which was the WHOLE POINT of that episode; also, they were continually arguing while ignoring her attempts to reconcile them, what else was she supposed to do?), turning herself and Sunburst into a filly and colt in “Uncommon Bond”, blasting Discord in “A Matter Of Principals” (she was protecting the students from him, what else was she supposed to do?), hypnotizing Twilight in “Starlight The Hypnotist” (it’s not like it was by force; in fact, Twilight gave her consent; it only went wrong because Pinkie Pie came at the wrong time), putting off her time with Trixie in favor school counseling in “Student Counsel” (again, the WHOLE POINT of that episode), EVERYTHING about “Every Little Thing She Does”, among others
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
The reason I’m sure ain’t shallow as ignoring her development because you should’ve seen she’s struggling.
And yet, it never fails to comes across as exactly that, especially as Student Counsel is concerned.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
I know this sounds like I’m kicking a dead horse.
But one of my greatest gripes was how the show handled alicorn Twilight.
Here you clearly have an alicorn princess who’d otherwise look and feel out of place in their normal settings surrounded by ordinary ponies and all.
But the show treats like everypony pretending they don’t feel that Princess Twilight constantly strolling alongside them is out of place. It felt rather forced and unnatural.
Most other shows remedy the “princess among crowd” syndrome by putting the princesses in question under aliases in casual clothing when they’re interacting with ordinary folks and characters in a casual setting. They could have made Twilight switch between an alicorn(official royal duties and plot relevent events) and unicorn(casual slice of life) depending on what the situation called for, instead of having her constantly being Twilicorn princess mode. That compromise could have satisfied those who prefer unicorn Twi and maintained the plot progression at the same time.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

This is just one of the gripes I had with the show’s lore.
Which doesn’t seem to lack any form of comprehensive structure outside what felt like a clusterfuck of half assed ass pulls that were tacked on by the writers dragging their feet for the duration of the show’s life.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Now that actually sounds like a fun idea. It seems like ponies treat her like she’s just a normal civil servant.
Would other ponies know she would be an alicorn or would they think Alicorn Twilight and Unicorn Twilight are two different folks?
As for the whole princess thing, I think the problem was that being hokage or pirate king or princess in this case is supposed to come at the end of the show. Twilight after being a princess was meant to be the end of the show but since the show went on longer they had her be basically the same Twilight.
If the showrunners knew the show would last 9 seasons, they probably would have made her be a princess in Season 9.
Honestly if Equestria used Queens then being Princess would still be fine because they would still not have the power of a Queen yet. But in Equestria those two terms are the same.
Now to be fair Twilight was still not a princess princess until Season 9 when she really became that.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

Had they prioritized lore building and overarching plots instead of “friendship lessons” or whatever BS “educational” crap the systems likes force feeding into kids these days. They would have had a magnificent creation rivaling those other fantasy anime.
Blissful690

Violet Frost Fan
And I already know you don’t like her, but why?
Most of their reasons aren’t very good ones. They include changing Celestia and Luna’s cutie marks in “A Royal Problem” (which was the WHOLE POINT of that episode; also, they were continually arguing while ignoring her attempts to reconcile them, what else was she supposed to do?), turning herself and Sunburst into a filly and colt in “Uncommon Bond”, blasting Discord in “A Matter Of Principals” (she was protecting the students from him, what else was she supposed to do?), hypnotizing Twilight in “Starlight The Hypnotist” (it’s not like it was by force; in fact, Twilight gave her consent; it only went wrong because Pinkie Pie came at the wrong time), putting off her time with Trixie in favor school counseling in “Student Counsel” (again, the WHOLE POINT of that episode)…
What do you find wrong with that? You don’t give a reason why.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide