Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #FD44
@DragonBoi471
Gonna be fair, the thing is, while I do see your point, I think your idea serves better as a Alternative universe.
It doesn’t have to be connected to the seasons.
Background Pony #FD44
@Background Pony #EC3E
I think he’s meaning this.
i don’t see gen 5 as canon due to so many things
1: twilight (and discord) will learn how to cope with a death of a friend and support each other and learn that just because a friend died doesn’t mean their gone forever, they still live in your heart and in the memories you have and knowing that they would not want to see you sad, twilight and discord would have learned this and discord would help twilight with friendship stuff or with royal stuff since he would have learned from those years with his friends
2: if twilight retired she won’t let Equestria fall to ruin and even if she gave up immortality, the next rulers would follow her lessons that have been passed down so new princesses would know what to do
3: ponies are not that stupid they would know better that their friends would not do anything bad even if they are from another race they will learn that
gen 5 is dumb and it is non-canon, not just because i or maybe even some fans say so but is just due to logic and reality when it comes to Equestria, and for people in real life living in peace for many centuries that something like gen 5 should not happen is possible, is just people need to take an effort to keep it that way, be educated and use common sense in order for something like gen 4 equestria to happen
gen 5 is a fake future made by dumb people who just want to destroy what came before, the art is not as good and the concept is downright AWFUL, and Equestria will be the same Equestria that gen 4 left it as for many centuries to come no matter what happens
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
ESSAY TIME!

Despite what many think, I think Moondancer and Twilight have different personalities despite their similarities.
In the first image, Twilight and Moondancer were debating the proper order of a recipe. Moondancer tried to correct Twilight and said she read ahead. But Twilight also read ahead and it turned out Moondancer had a completely different book. And you csn just see Moondancer’s embarassment.
In the second image, Twilight is reluctantly in that group photo but Moondancer wants to be with Twilight there.
I think these tell a lot that was not mentioned. Here’s how I see it (some of this goes into headcanon territory).
Moondancer while relucsive and a bookworm, is not very organized and doesn’t apply her knowledge in ways teachers would be looking for. Whereas Twilight is not only well organized but well spoken and has very powerful magic. Twilight clearly is a prodigy.
Even in their manestyles. Twilight in the pilot even when anti social still kept her mane well kempt and she is clear able to speak eloquently and is also well mannered even if she was unamused. The epitome of a good civil servant. Moondancer on the other hand looked filthy, unorganized and was much more blunt.
I think Twilight even if she was anti social was well liked or at least respected for magic ability and hee composure. I can even see colts trying to ask her out. Twilight of course would reject socialization. Moondanxer on the other was not only anti social nonconformist but also seen as kind of a loser. She didn’t have the talent that Twilight had.
So for Moondancer, she tried to emulate Twilight right down to her manestyle. And tried to get her approval often ending in failure.
When Twilight didn’t go to the party, Moondancer felt like it was almost like Twilight was telling her she was too good to hang out with someone like Moondancer.
Of course luckily they came back together and became friends again.
The best part about similar characters is how they are different. It’s easy to point out how Rainbow and Twilight but ponies who are on paper similar but actually have differences is really fascinating to look at.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Even in their manestyles. Twilight in the pilot even when anti social still kept her mane well kempt and she is clear able to speak eloquently and is also well mannered even if she was unamused. The epitome of a good civil servant. Moondancer on the other hand looked filthy, unorganized and was much more blunt.
Slight correction but Moondancer also had a well brushed mane (and nekkkid) during that time. It was only after she felt snubbed that she let her appearance go.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Dustcan
Ah good point. I always saw it that as Moondancer wanting to emulate Twilight’s manestyle. I figured she before she met Twilight she didn’t put much stock into her appearance.
And when she got snubbed by Twilight, she downright rejected that old manestyle.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I love Amending Fences, but, although I’m aware I said this months ago, I still think Moondancer should have received a different type of visual design, because she looks like Twilight Sparkle with a different color palette done with the bucket tool. I don’t think a sweater and some glasses can make the difference.
But it’s still a fantastic episode, and one of the few episodes in season 5 where Pinkie Pie wasn’t flanderized. It’s one of my 3 favourite episodes in that season.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I’m fine with her design being similar to Twilight’s, it offers a parallel to the Princess while at the same time being different
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
When it comes to Rarity, I don’t really see her as cutting edge or a trendsetter. I think makes great clothes but I doubt she would make anything truly historic. Not that that’s bad but I can visualize other fashion designers that are far more cutting edge.
And to be honest I think Rarity is fairly creative but definitely not bursting with original out there ideas.
I can see Rarity having a more avant garde designer as a rival and Rarity having to up her game.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Megalobronia
Despite what I said Rarity still showed creativity, Suri just ripped off her designs. Suri would probably be even less avant garde.
I would like to see Coco be responsible for some fashion revolution. I like to think she has the most creativity but she hasn’t shown it yet.
Latecomer

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I disagree - I think she can be pretty creative in a pinch (like she did when her fabric was stolen), and she’s always being inspired by stuff. If anything, I think what holds her back is what we see in Spice Up Your Life - she believes that to get ahead you have to fit in even while standing out. (Which, for a fledgling designer, was probably true.) So a lot of her ideas might never make it from sketch to cloth because they mismatch and she rules them out as “personal indulgences”. This balance between individual inspiration and seeking to meet society’s standards is one of Rarity’s notable if not-so-focused character facets.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Latecomer
Honestly I think that makes a lot of sense. I think Rarity often has to maintain a balance of creativity and popularity. Of course she might go too far with trying to please others like in Spice Up Your Life. But Sassy Saddles at first was probably someone who truly was just trying to be safe with no originality. So that episode shows Rarity isn’t just doing this for status but really does love the creativity involved.
I will say though, I wish there were more episodes about Rarity’s creative process and even her fashion style. I still think it’s a little underutilized in the show.
While I don’t think she is the avant garde type who would be like “screw the trends!”, I think she works with what has already worked and giving a unique spin to it. And I think that still takes extreme creativity.
It’s easy for people to praise people like Van Gogh for bucking trends. But not every creative has to be unappreciated in his lifetime and live penniless. And I think Rarity is a good showcase of that.
Of course I would like to see another fashionistas interact with Rarity on creativity.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Well, keep in mind that you don’t have to be a trendsetter nor go against conventional ones to be revered or remembered. There are plenty of creators in a lot of fields besides fashion that take influence from their predecessors or whatever is hot at the time and be well beloved and respected.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
Well this may be more or less g5 spoilers but unpopular opinion, I actually quite like shadowy alicorn’s exaggerated color scheme or also named opaline design. Even if the lighting when she first appeared was really bad. One thing about the mane six i had a problem with first watching is that they pretty much look the same and it took me some time to see them and recognize them differently as different individuals.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Mr.Myoozik
the characters have the same build, its why they often have a gag of them changing manes, which ends up with them looking alike. I got used to it overtime
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide