Unpopular opinion time

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Background Pony #3BC4
I remember being pretty harsh on that episode when it came out, but it was also at the time when I was just really down on the season. Now I’ve mellowed out, I still think it’s a pretty unremarkable episode but I don’t hate it as much as I used to
If nothing else the only thing worth noting was RD going to the spa, which alone justifies its existence
Background Pony #9781
Most people think “Frenemies” squandered an opportunity to redeem Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow, but considering what happened in the series finale, I don’t think the redemption would really have amounted to anything in the long run. What’s more, I’ve read some issues in the comic in which the Mane Six turned evil after being exposed to cursed water, and when they were changed back to normal, Luna actually stated that they’d have been unstoppable if they’d worked together and that it was lucky that the water disrupted their friendship, so I don’t think there’s any guarantee that understanding and embracing the concept of Friendship would have necessarily resulted in those three and Sombra if he had been kept around around by that time, but that’s beside the point turning over a new leaf. If anything, it might actually have made them even bigger threats than before! Friendship is Magic, after all, but (as some people who are familiar with TV Tropes can easily attest) not all kinds of friendships are good. The villains could just have easily used the Power of Friendship against the heroes to defeat them, which could have made for a great opportunity to teach viewers how bad a friendship can really be if used for the wrong purpose or by the wrong people. Of course, that’s all just assuming that the Power of Friendship can be used for evil or by evil characters. Your call?
Background Pony #8474
█████ is non-canon due to many things (example: design)
███████████ is a bad ship and has some of the worst fans (not all but some are well…something)
old fandom is better especially when we had jananimations (Hasbro stinks)
all other gens (minus █████) is much better and it was more simple, especially without a fandom that became well annoying (and sometimes political)
modern fandom stinks and i wish it can go back to how it was before the whole C&D thing with jan so we can make more show-accurate animations
and ONLY focus on gen 4 █████ should stay out of the picture and be its own thing
older gens (besides gen 1) should get more love like my little pony tales or gen 3, also gen 2
there is technology in equestria they just don’t show it because is not necessary and people questioning it is just plain silly
finally
MLP FIM will be the very LAST great MLP show to ever hit popular culture unless someone comes and make a new show just as good as gen 4 but still be it’s own thing (or have a better connection to gen 4 by keeping things just as how gen 4 left it and ignoring █████ altogether) but still make it it’s own thing have better 2d animation
bonus: █████ in 2d is ugly, especially with some characters having a bean-style head shape
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I used to think AJ was the voice of reason and should have been the leader instead of Twilight who I saw as a rookie.
But nowadays I think can be too stubborn or narrow minded. Twilight can be seen as the voice of reason especially in the first Zecora episode. Or the one where Twilight had to give the ticket fairly. Or even Twilight telling AJ to RELAX!!! (Ren and Stimpy reference)
I think Twilight has a sense of fairness and objectivity that the others lack. Her most important trait isn’t that she is booksmart; it’s that she has a level head.
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
AJ was pretty much always the leader whenever Twilight was away. And the one who typically snapped her back into her senses whenever she was freaking out….except for that one time she tried shoving apple mash in her face because Starlight had to be the one to cheer her up. eyeroll
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Spinny
Applejack is a good second in command. I would say she makes a good gunnery sergent in charge of practical day to day stuff. Whereas Twilight is more of a young officer climbing her way up the ladder.
Twilight is definitely I would say the best future ruler of Equestria. But she still needs advisors to keep her in line. And AJ is probably one of them.
CronoM

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
She has a level head unless her prior preconceptions are even slightly swayed.
Like we saw throughout the show, Twilight has a great deal of hyper dependence derived from Celestia that is never, EVER resolved in the show and holds her back in complex situations like how she sabotaged things just as much, if not more, as she fixed things through the theatrical movie.
Remember how out of touch Twilight was when trying to get Starlight to get random people to be friends with instead of Trixie? And the level of desperation Celestia noted from Twilight throughout that episode, and the doubtful look on Celestia’s?
That episode, Celestia finally had the face of Hank Hill thinking “that boy ain’t right”
If Celestia kept that skeptic face she had when it was clear Twilight was so immature she would throw all friendship lessons out the window just to please her, she would not have been made Celestia’s replacement.
But, her being Celestia’s replacement was decided at the end of S3, Twilight has no major conflicts with Celestia, her princess hood, or twists and turns in her life that forced her to grow internal wisdom.
That simply didn’t happen with Twi. Not only is she hyper dependent, she has one of the most linear of ‘main characters’.
AJ, Rainbow Dash and Twilight all have qualities combined that make good leadership, while Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity are the most in touch with the smaller details of any situation. Spike acts with both intense curiosity AND a grounded attitude(mature for his age having to deal with Twilight’s insanity), and in the other group, Sunset overexcels in the assertiveness Sci-Twi lacks.
They are a perfect team, often very underutilized.
The show rarely incorporated the 6-7 as a group very well as the series went on. Instead of increasing the stakes, they often shifted the focus instead.
Background Pony #42F7
modern fandom stinks and i wish it can go back to how it was before the whole C&D thing with jan so we can make more show-accurate animations
Doubt it, since Hasbro made the decision.
█████ is non-canon due to many things (example: design)
Gen 5?
and ONLY focus on gen 4 █████ should stay out of the picture and be its own thing
Alright, move the fyay on from this.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

The cease and desist issue made me mad when Fighting is Magic was stopped back in 2013. Back then, even with this decision, I was one of the few who believed in the game regardless of the MLP content it would eventually lack.
Thankfully we got Them’s Fightin’ Herds. The art of this game is amazing.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I still think Applejack is more levelheaded than Twilight cause even though the latter is leader material, she isn’t free from her outbursts and quirks and needs someone to pull herself together, this case being Applejack. It’s why she is considered the straight man of the group, the sane and rational one who finds a middle ground when the other characters tend to go towards different extremes with probably the exception of Fluttershy and maybe Rarity.
PixelatedPony

Luna Best Princess
-Applejack is best mane 6 pony
-Discord is one of the best characters
-Tirek is the best villain but Cozy Glow isn’t that far behind
Not sure if this is a hot take but Daybreak is much Cooler than Nightmare Moon in almost every way, and this is coming from someone whos likes Luna over Celestia.
Andyxdr
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Glowin' up!
Not sure if this opinion is unpopular, but I’m sort of tired of seeing characters lashing out and behaving horribly when they’re angry. Not just in MLP, but in pretty much all fiction. To me, it just demonizes anger.
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Andyxdr
This is a good point, but I feel it’s not as present in other fictional stories as in MLP:FiM as you suggest.
Judging by the result of episodes such as Tank for the Memories, Non-compete Clause, Grannies Gone Wild, Road to friendship and The end in Friend, I think the G4 writers don’t know how to write frustrated or angry characters without making them petty and miserable, at least in the second half of the show.
For example, the idea of The end in Friend is pretty good, but the final result leads you to watch Rainbow Dash and Rarity for 22 minutes expressing the absolute opposite of friendship with snidey comments and lack of love until the last minute because everything needs to go back to the beginning in a rushed way. It’s kinda similar of how the G4 writers don’t know how to write love stories without depending on the “love at first sight” trope. It even happened to Applejack’s parents in that episode from season 7. Don’t get me wrong, that episode was neat, but the love story wasn’t as engaging as some comments have suggested back in 2017.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide