Unpopular opinion time

Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@icicle wicicle 1517
It’s been going on for 6 years.
They ‘adopted’ the design with a different eye colour but kept the same name. The original owner Equestria Prevails barely drew the oc after some time and bat pony popularity died down.
So nearly half of the images are fat comms.
Oh… and at one point there was some other guy commissioning shipping art with his own OC and claiming ownership too.
Background Pony #5653
>Equestria Games
>School of Friendship
>Pretty much everything in Season 9
Maybe it’s just me, but when MLP: FiM tries to do a season-long arc, it kind of fails miserably.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Background Pony #5653
I agree right here. I always said since a couple of years that the show combines the episodical layout of many episodes with an ambition that suggested something more important than that.
I think the writers didn’t dare to do it because they either were afraid of change (even though they changed lots of things in the show in a questionable way) of they wanted to do a “good enough” job because of budget reasons.
MLP:FiM didn’t have the equivalent of Alex Hirsch or Rebecca Sugar. Because of that, the show was rarely at its best, especially in the last 4 seasons, with very debatable creative decisions that divided the fanbase in either minor or massive ways (I stopped watching in 2017 right with Celestial Advice, missing all the hype, just to come back in 2020, three years later, just to see it for curiosity).
With the release of A New Generation and Make your Mark, I hope the new writers in G5 are able to tell good stories with no inmense compromises and no desire of splitting the fanbase. The movie was decent and Make your Mark is better story wise. The writers have good characters, they have good settings for possible and believable conflicts and they can let the goofiness for Tell your Tale to focus the big deal on the 3D specials.
Because, as skeptical as many fans are with this, G5 has potential.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
>School of Friendship
I think the School of Friendship is pretty good. It attempts to be more of a battle of mind and manipulation. Although I don’t think it completely succeeds. I think Cozy Glow was a pretty interesting villian but could have had better plans. And for Neighsay, I think Twilight should have had better arguments to go against Neighsay. I also do think that teaching youngsters requires maturity that AJ and RD didn’t take seriously, I mean what if the students learned that competition was the only good?
But I wish they would have made School Raze be even more of a mystery/suspense/thriller story. I think it could have been a sort of Valkyrie kind of story.
>Pretty much everything in Season 9
For Season 9 I think one problem, is with the whole show. The whole pony conflict, it actually would have been interesting if throughout the whole show, they subtly showed some interpony conflict. Or at the very least in Season 9 perhaps introduce some disgruntled earth ponies with Canterlot politics or vice versa.
And with Discord I think the whole idea of him tricking Twilight into being braver should have probably been in an older season. Or in this case have it be only in the Sombra special where Discord reasonable had things under control. Maybe this should have been the arc where Discord truly became wise in his own way and perhaps showed his own kindness apart from Fluttershy.
And perhaps experiment with an actual Grogar plot. And maybe make him the one who freed Nightmare Moon and maybe even Tirek. So that the show could come full circle.
I have other ideas but I’ll probably save them for later.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Starponys87
Yeah, well it’s mostly on Japan’s part anyway. I don’t remember watching Korean, Singaporean, Chinese, or even Taiwanese anime during my childhood. My country definitely didn’t have to budget or heart to make its own anime. Even now when there are more anime from different countries, they’re mostly inspired by Japanese anime one way or another. It’s natural when all the countries are so close to each other. :P
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Part of me kind of wishes Pinkie’s origins were more other worldly and shrouded in a bit of mystery.
Like instead of having a fairly normal family, she would have been a child of some mysterious cosmic entity. (Maybe turn out to be a cousin of Discord.) And maybe she was in reality 1000 years old but lost her memories back then.
Not that the one we got was bad, but I kind of wish they would have taken advantage of her her mysterious nature.
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Honestly I think we have that already. Magic did flow into Pinkie Pie in School Daze. We’re never explicitly told why Pinkie is so cartoonish so maybe that is the show’s way of making her mysterious. I headcanon that there is more than one lord of chaos and Pinkie Pie is basically one, maybe even more powerful than Discord. It could be why Discord seems so scared of her and distracted her with a balloon that one time. (I wouldn’t call her his cousin though.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide