Unpopular opinion time

CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
Just say u don’t like discord thats fine but calling him a inherently bad character because hes a spirit of chaos who cause chaos is just weird by definition lol
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
Discord fans: “Discord is not entirely evil! Chaos and evil are two different things!”
Also Discord fans: “Discord is the spirit of chaos! That means he has to torture living beings! Who cares if he can just make joyful chaos tea parties and shows without harming anyone? He should do evil stuff!”
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I like the fact that this conversation first started about the villain trio’s fates in the finale then went on to talk about Discord after I leave for a second.
Anyways, I still stand by my original thoughts about the finale, no changing that, I don’t care if others see it differently
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Myoozik
to be fair thats because partly why people dislike the trio’s fate has to do with discord, u did nothing wrong, tom just got triggered because i said that u understood what the writers were doing and I just decided to feed them and we got into this big convo .
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
@CORDZ2000
Do not act like you are innocent either. When someone says something sightly negative about Discord then you are the one getting triggered. We are not that different.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@TOMNICE
nah i wasn’t triggered i use to get triggered, but not anymore I honestly expect it on some level, I can even understand on some level why someone wouldn’t like him but I do feel like a lot of it is because he is misunderstood but anyways, I just call out misinformation now. Discord has more fans in other places than this site anyways
Background Pony #4C59
I don’t like the whole S9 arch.
In the first episode Twilight gets once again her neurotic traits exaggerated.
The Grogar twist was stupid and treats Discord as a retarded instead of a mere ass.
I didn’t like the antagonists and frankly I don’t understand their appeal.
Honestly, after a first watch, I’d rather skip the arch episodes and merely get into the last problem without all the “final battle” build up, including the otherwise beloved frenemies.
LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
@Myoozik
Honestly if they would have redeemed the trio just like that, it would have dragged down the finale for me. And like you said, everyone has their limits. Including the princess of friendship herself. It pretty much took all of Equestria to stop them. You think it would of been all peaches and cream if Twilight would have given them the typical friendship talk? No! Even after they’ve been depowered Chrysalis was still talking shit saying “You think friendship can save you?” At that point, just throw the book at them and be done with it.
And now moving on from the trio to Discord, should he have received punishment? I mean, he was the one who brought them together plus King Sombra right? I don’t think he should have gotten off completely scott free in all this. Even though he was remorseful about it later on and helped save Equestria. I talked about it with my friend last night, i think a fitting punishment would have been him getting stripped of his Equestrian Pink Heart Of Courage medal he received at the beginning of S7. That’s if they didn’t want to throw him in a jail cell.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@LeoNero
I mean he displayed courage in the finale too, they could have just put them back in tartarus and said we may try to reform them later basically kinda like how they teased ships but didn’t confirm them or still do the stone thing but don’t have discord say “forever”. Basically u have the side who didn’t wanna reform them happy and have the side who did happy because u leave it up in the air, they may reform they may not. And then in the last problem we see a montage of discord with the pillars helping saving villages or something dressed like captain wuzz. Or him and twilight could have had a serious one on one talk. Twilight: look discord i know u just wanted to help but u can’t be putting equestria in danger etc etc. and maybe then discord offers to give up his magic during or after the conversations. I just don’t like the idea of them punishing him for meaning well when they never did for starlight when she had ill will, not hating on starlight btw im just saying.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
“I did all this because I wanted to test Twilight and see if she was ready” will never not be the most retarded thing the show ever came up with
A character based off on Q from Star Trek acting like Q from startrek is not really dumb. Discord was trying to help a friend, the leader of his country be a good leader how is this not a good intention, plus I would agree maybe if this was another character but this is discord his chaotic way of trying to help has been a character trait of his, since the start of his reformation.
There are far far more things that are bad writing choices in the show than the writers trying to deconstruct a character trait. I get people have opinions but I swear at least some criticism of things comes from a lack of understanding of a character or from something not going the way someone wanted which I can get but still as someone aspiring to be a writer, this is daunting.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

To be honest, I don’t think Discord’s reveal was any good. However, if someone critizices that much about that moment, he should give the same amount of criticism to other crazy baffling ideas that happened in the last 4 seasons.
If you were fine with Starlight manipulating other ponies with worrying ease in many episodes after season 5, you should be fine with Discord’s reveal in The ending of the end. Hypocrisy is not a right.
TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Shiny Bug
@Ring Team
“Manipulating ponies with ease in many episodes”
You mean doing it once.
Has she used her magic to brute force solutions? Yes. But after the one mind-control incident, which she was chewed out on, she was not manipulative in any further episode.
As for the topic on hand, Discord is not the brightest bulb in the drawer. He’s a schemer, he likes to get what he wants. Even when he has something of a moral center after season 4, he’s not likely to consider things from anyone else’s point of view.
As for comparing the two, they both have something in common: They are both rash and driven by emotion. That being said, their mindsets are different. Starlight seeks to solve problems, with a tendency to jump to the first solution she thinks of and trying that full-force. Discord mainly wants to do things that benefit himself, and even when he tries to help others often can come from a self-centered viewpoint with Fluttershy being one of the few he is truly considerate of.
Neither of these mindsets are inherently evil, but both can result in making huge mistakes from not thinking things through.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@TheFinite
id say discord is more of extremely arrogant and naive on friendship than not smart, i mean he was tricking the trio for months, got them to defeat sombra and tricked the trio again without any magic to free starlight. I more or less agree with everything else u put though, interesting analysis and/or interpretation on both characters.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Ring Team
I don’t think that’s how criticism works. One flaw in a work isn’t the same as another flaw because by that logic, then every single flaw brings down an entire work even if for the most part it’s good. That and what counts as a flaw is subjective too so that’s not what hypocrisy is either.
LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
And speaking of which, what did they do to the stone statue of the evil trio? My only guess they hauled it down to Tartarus. It would make a great fire hydrant for Serberus whenever he needs to do his business.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide