Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #015B
Unpopular opinion: Sparity has more development moments than Rarijack (on FIM, in EQG is another story)
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@DoctorWTF
It’s not just Steven Universe. The Watterson family from Gumball used it, I think it was in Gravity Falls, and now I think Thundercats Roar and Centaurworld use very similar styles. Western animation has become homogenized.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I’m not a fan of the 2d G5 look, but I don’t think It’s the worst thing ever.
Maybe it will be the worst thing ever.
Based solely on appearance, I just can’t make a judgement.
From the one preview it looks better than T’cats Roar. Not a high bar, but we don’t have much to judge it by yet.
For it to be the worst thing ever to me, it’d have insult G4 repeatedly and act like it’s better while being stupid. Maybe contradict its own stories, in the same episode. Have the characters just forget who they are and become a-holes just to create conflict. Bring back an old character and waste them.
That kind of thing. For a stupid YouTube shorts series this has been really overblown.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
I was forced into an internal lockdown for a year. Let your thoughts sprout! I like to listen. I’m so thirsty, I’ll take 2D, 3D, I’ll take ponies as they are. ;-D
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Mein Freund! :-)
(grab your shoulder and squeeze it in a friendly, non-sexualized, but still “manly” way, in a retrospectively intimate but not too personal way, unless it would make you too uncomfortable)
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
I kinda like him. Mudbrair was funny at times, he reminds me of sheldon from the big bang theory even though I feel sheldon does it more cleverly. Also unlike sheldon he lacks the same depth and brillance to make his ‘im smarter than everyone attitude’ as understandable and work as well, which made him annoying for others and for me at times.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Mudbriar wasn’t interesting enough to be in an entire episode, let alone being a new character. He was like Maud Pie, which makes him very derivative.
But at least his episode was harmless.
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@CORDZ2000
I think they overdid it with the stick abuse part. Not even Maud is THAT into rocks.
I figured most of the dislike towards him was partly due to a genderswapped Maud wouldn’t be as popular and because of ‘muh waifu was stolen’ , or ‘muh shipping headcanon’
Similar to Equestria Girls Twilights having any kind of love interest.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Sparx
I mean to be honest. I don’t think flash and the other guy are characters who offer anything to the story even beyond their rushed cringey love story
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Sparx
Maud Pie was written as a “I like rocks” character probably since season 5. As a result, almost everything she says is a running joke related to rocks. That explains why Mudbriar was written the way he was.
And about the “Maud was my waifu” argument, as soon as someone says that, he loses me. You don’t have to be in love with a character to justify why you don’t like another character. You can say whatever you want about Flash Sentry, but I think it’s weirder that someone like Twilight falls in love with him despite not having interesting conversations. And nobody pointed that out, they were like “nah, Flash Sentry sucks because he stole my waifu”.
C’mon, we’re better than that.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
About the series finale, I read something about it and made me realize why the villainous trio got their fate. Back when they were initially defeated, they didn’t want to be redeemed because they were so far down into their villainous ways that any attempt to turn them good would’ve been moot. Tirek likely would’ve said no, Chrysalis slapped Starlight’s hoof and bolted out of there and Cozy wasn’t even remorseful for her actions while trapped in Tartarus and stayed her usual self. After they were defeated a second time, what were they gonna do? Suddenly act all remorseful and apologize to everyone for stealing magic from some ancient bell, destroy the capital and almost caused another ice age? That would’ve been such a sudden and jarring change to their character, since they got dealt with that hand with Starlight and that went very well so they didn’t want to repeat the same mistake. I’d say that they played their cards right there because having them be suddenly redeemed would’ve been unrealistic and having them escape again would mean that they would try again eventually or at best just become a minor nuisance. I get that the show is called “Friendship Is Magic” and redeption is it’s MO, but it can be a double-edged sword and seeing as how the past couple of redemptions were spotty at best, doing it again to them would’ve had the same results.
That and everyone has their limits, including Twilight Sparkle. There is only so much that the Princesses would’ve tried and done everything before they reached their limit and deemed them a lost cause, we all go through that or have been through that at one point in our lives. Maybe things would’ve played out differently if the series would’ve continued on and they did get redeemed, but I think it would’ve been too close of a parallel to Starlight and Sunset for it to have really worked.
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
@Myoozik
Just send them back to Tartarus then. It took Tirek a hundred years to get out and that was only because Cerberus left his post. Then the second time it was only because of Discord.
And again Discord had zero sympathetic qualities in his debut. The trio’s doing is nothing compered to Discord’s. But if the writers really wanted them to be not redeemed then they could have just make Twilight Sparkle go out there after their defeat, giving them one last chance, and THEN the trio would refuse her. And they could have just put them back in Tartarus.
Spoilers for Kung Fu Panda 2:
The villain basically commited panda holocaust, yet Po still tried to help him. It was the villain’s own choice to refuse to change. If Po could forgive a villain like that then why would the princess of friendship herself be different?
@CORDZ2000
You are one to talk. I once saw you saying “Goku is a fool for showing mercy to his enemies”
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@TOMNICE
Seeing as how the Tartarus option didn’t work, it makes sense why they didn’t do it again, even if they would’ve improved the security. About the Twilight thing, why would she do that tactic again? The three did cause chaos for a second time which put her in a really bad mood which made her question her leadership and almost killed her friends and you heard what Chrysalis said, they were gonna return so even if she did ask right then and there, the trio would’ve escaped and the cycle would’ve repeated.
Also, that’s not nice to CORDZ2000
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
even if they would’ve improved the security
What stops them doing that? And did you even read my comment??????
It took Tirek a hundred years to get out and that was only because Cerberus left his post. Then the second time it was only because of Discord.
Tartarus seems fine. There are times when criminals escape from prison but we still use it. If they really do not want them to escape again then Discord should stripped away from his powers forever. Who says Discord could not set them free from their stone prison and do it all over again?
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@TOMNICE
Alright calm down, no need for all those question marks, I did read your post
Who’s to say that they’ll try some other tactic to get out? As much as I hate Discord, I think by that point he realized what he did and wouldn’t try it again or else he would’ve faced some harsher consequences. As far as we know, Tartarus doesn’t have some maximum-security wing and who’s to say that someone will break them out again?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide