Unpopular opinion time

Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
I’ll tell you what she did:
She selflessly rescued a kite from a tree, then selflessly chased after it as it was blown into a bush. Because she is precious angel.
But no one ever talks about the kind, sweet, generous things she does, do they?! No, it’s always all about how she “drained everypony’s magic” and “tried to take over Equestria” if one little misunderstood evil deed is all that should define a pony!
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Spinny
I don’t know, if the intention for the writters was to write another villain, then they did a poor job by putting all these cute scenes.
And about the last line, we can say the same thing about how many people cared about empathy, compassion and redemption and intentionally ignored all the bad things a certain bully did, just because “her friend moved away”, because “it’s for kids”, because “it’s a slice of life show”.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Mildgyth
I can understand this type of twist in 2013 (in Frozen they toyed with this idea very well). But in 2021, I don’t know, it’s very tiring to see the same type of twists over and over again (I played one year and a half ago Persona 5 and, while I love that game, it has a very similar twist that make the story even more boring).
Ring Team
Artist -

I don’t know, If Cozy Glow was meant to be a villain from the very beginning, then I don’t think a child should be a villain in this show. I would have been fine if she had the same age as the Mane 6 for example, that would make more sense.
I have the feeling they either kinda switched different screenplays even though the double episodes were written by Josh Haber of they did the bare minimum. I wouldn’t be suprised if it happens to be one of the two scenarios, because, if they wanted Cozy Glow to be a villain from the beginning, then that says a lot about the writters in the show.
To be fair, I don’t really blame them. It was very hard to make the show believable by the time it was finishing, considering that so many things were happening in the last seasons that prevented the show from going back to normal. It was whacky, but at least it was something. And, by the time I was finishing the show last year, I embraced the jank of the show and see it with another perspective.
Ring Team
Artist -

I don’t mind a young villain. But a little kid where we literally don’t know where her parents are?
I keep making the comparison, but it seems a MLP writer watched the first minute of Undertale too many times. He thought “what if Flowey but a little pegasus?”.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Spinny
You forgot the fact that that was just an act to win their trust and move ahead with their plans. What did you think that cutie mark was for? Actually playing chess?
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I think the intention was for us to not to be sure she was really the main villain until the last minute.
Exactly, it’s 100% plausible Cozy Glow would want to create the appearance of being selfless while she puts her plan into motion.
Ring Team
Artist -

@DoctorWTF
If that’s the case, then I already see that in many movies. In Frozen, this plan worked perfectly and makes sense for the villain. In UP that also worked years before Frozen. Then they repeated the same plan in Big Hero 6. By the time Zootopia came out and repeated the same thing, I was like “is that everything they can do to write villains?”.
I like twists in TV shows and movies, but when you’re required to see the same type of twists in TV shows (especially with a character that has no clear motivations or any character development), the experience becomes more predictable, less original and less creative, not to mention it would become more inconsistent.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Latecomer
It still doesn’t make sense for a very little kid that we really don’t know much about. It’s not like there’s a series of dots that we connect and we would go “ooohh, that makes sense”, it’s just a random creative decision like many other baffling creative decisions they made. It’s not like there’s a heavy sense of commitment from the writers to deliver the story.
But at least I enjoyed The ending of the end.
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
This might be more of Stupid Stuff that comes to mind but can i just say that Discord has one of the most based Freudian Excuses ever, my guy literally disappears if he stops being an anti hero.
Stop using terms you have no idea what they mean.
  1. An antihero is a character who does the right thing for the wrong reasons. Discord almost never does the right thing.
  2. A freudian excuse is a traumatic incident that happened in a character’s past that made them decide to go evil. Plus he starts to disappear if he stops doing chaotic stuff, not evil. Chaos and evil are two different things.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Plus I don’t think Discord knew about the “disappear if he’s orderly” part. He just did chaos because he found it funny.
Sure it was also who he was as a Spirit of Chaos. But mostly because it was funny.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide