Unpopular opinion time

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Dustcan
It helps that G5 started out as a pilot movie which those tend to focus more on the characters before the actual series while G4 jumped straight ahead to the series which gives you not only the characters, but just the world itself in general.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
It’s a bit more than that. The respective openings and leads are a nice microcosm of what I’m talking about.
The opening of FIM gives a tale of magic, myth and legends, and demigods. All told under a bow of some Shakespeare-lite tale of familial jealousy and betrayal. G5 gave us the Mane 6, with a quick rundown of their character archetypes while playing off jokes about those characterizations.
Both used an ensemble cast, but in no uncertain terms made it clear that Twilight and Sunny were the leads. Twilight was almost passive in her quest; she initiated and continued it of her own volition but spent most of the time reactive to events rather than proactively engaging those events. Her ultimate motivation was the noble goal of saving the world and her mentor. Sunny however was much more proactive in her role, actively starting the conflicts in the plot. Her ultimate motivation, while noble too in reuniting the pony tribes, was markedly more selfish in rationale: she wanted to be friends with pegasi and unicorns.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
Thing is though, Sunny was more passive than she initially appeared herself. Because for all the perception about her being a trailblazer in attempting to reestablish pony relations, she’s not actually the one who did the trailblazing. She had an open mind, yeah, but she wasn’t the one who actually went out of her way to leave Maretime Bay and make friends with the other races she was so sure would not be hostile. Instead, she waited until a unicorn first waltzed its way into town before she so much as even considered leaving. Evidently, had that never happened, she would have gone the way of her father and went to her grave without ever proving or disproving her beliefs, unless on the off chance she finally managed to change the town’s mind.
So honestly, Izzy is the one who deserves the credit for making the bold move to venture into a town where she likely knew she would not be welcome. For being the first pony in who knows how long that decided to actively seek out the other races. And even if you say that Sunny’s note is what encouraged her in the first place, it doesn’t change the fact that she’s still the one who took that bold first step where Sunny did not. So Sunny was definitely not that proactive when you think about it.
Latecomer

@Spinny
Very good point there.
Honestly, I feel that Sunny was lacking a strong character arc in the movie - just going through the motions. And I think a big part of that was that the story was built around the affirmation of her views (which the audience surely already agrees with to boot), while Twilight’s challenged her assumptions and thus allowed her to grow.
I’ve already said how I think she could have had a better arc, as well as how I’m just not feeling most of the new cast in the same way the G4 opener makes me feel the Manes. So I won’t repeat myself here.
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Latecomer
You’re right. The first two episodes with Nightmare Moon were more engaging than the G5 movie. It was surprising that the first episode ended with a concerning yet addictive cliff-hanger. You wanted to see more of this world.
I don’t expect the G5 to have an idealistic world with very obvious villains considering the context of the film (I always said that it felt more like The Simpsons than an animated Disney film, with some tones of grey), but these villains are always welcomed, as long as they make sense (I don’t expect the writers to repeat the Cozy Glow situation).
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Do you think Starlight was a little to friendly with Sunburst? I was expecting her to be a little angry at him for basically forgetting about her.
Honestly Starlight meeting Sunburst should have probably happened way later in the season. It seems a little rushed.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Vivace
Yeah especially since Starlight knew how she went too far previously. She would not be in the best place to criticize him for wrongful actions.
Also as a side I see some parallels between her and Moondancer. I think it would have been nice if Twilight mentioned about her to Starlight. They both got seperated from their friends after all.
I still think Sunburst should have at least acknowledged why he never wrote to her or anything. It also would have formed a good parallel between Statburst and Twilight.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
Sunburst did nothing wrong, he just moved away as a kid and starlight heavily heavily overreacted. She didn’t even try to contact him or make new friends.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
Either way I still found it absurd that something that most people went through as kids twisted her mind so much as to gain that philosophy. It should have been something more traumatic IMO. Like imagine someone saying they became a dictator because a one friend left as a kid.
Ring Team
Artist -

It’s kinda funny how she got a completely whacky, manipulative, inconsiderate, negligent, possesive and selfish attitude… just because her friend moved away. It’s almost like a parody of a Naruto side character arc story or something. If she was interested in him, she could have sent him a letter or something.
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Well, there’s Uncommon Bond to see an unfriendly Starlight manipulating Sunburst.
Ring Team
Artist -

@CORDZ2000
I think her season 6 haircut is better because it’s asymmetrical, and this type of design approach makes a character more attractive. Usually when we see a symmetrical character, it feels off.
For example, some Overwatch characters are asymmetrical to make them more memorable, like Junkrat, Symmetra and Cassidy.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@CORDZ2000
S5 Starlight had that sort of motherly feel to her, like with filly Fluttershy or even in Our Town.
In Our Town, she had that kind of dominatrix look to the stallions. I can’t help but thinking she seduced the stallions to give up their cutie marks. She is pretty persuasive after all.
I bet the stallions who reported on traitors were rewarded if you know what I mean.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide