Unpopular opinion time

CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Sadrai
Out of males Discord, spike and big mac had the most character development in the show. I guess because of the strange belief that discord is a bad character overtime for being a spirit of chaos and well…continuing to cause chaos. The fact that big mac isn’t important to the overall big story arc’s despite having his own three episode arc and the fact spike was abused early on despite maturing alot is why they think that.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
Like, Chrysalis isn’t worse than someone like Discord who was the entire fucking reason s9 ended how it did. You can’t truly believe Discord is “reformed” beyond having a crush on Fluttershy.
i was gonna ignore this because ive been over this time and time again, but ill address this real quick so we can move on 😂 nothing against u but i think people who think this have watched misantro and dwk videos for hours. Or taken one character trait and exaggerated like fluttershy wanting to be a tree or shining armor throwing his wife…TO THE MOON!! lol
Ok so. Wanting to help a friend be confident in themselves so they can be a great leader of a country doesn’t make u worse than someone who wants to dominate enslave and kill for the sake of there lust for power. Messing things up badly not out of malicious intent but from the belief that everything would be fine because the mane 6 can handle it and he could act as a safety net, doesn’t make him worse than those who want to intentionally doom everyone it just means he is arrogant and didn’t think things through.
This all happened because he wanted to help twilight so this proves that is reformed not only because of fluttershy.
The medallion in s4 only worked because of discord seeing twilight as a friend. All the episodes of discord trying to help twilight grow in his own chaotic way.
The episodic arc with big mac and spike were he hangs out with them as friends. The fact that discord sweared to make up for his actions and put himself in harms way to help save eq not just to keep fluttershy safe means that he does want to be good and just has a harder time being a better person unlearning bad habits or watnot. Its especially hard to completely when your punished for completely changing with disappearing and just in general its realistic to be difficult to change.
This is not to say chrysalis can’t be reformed or a argument that villain discord is less evil than villain chrysalis or anything, but based on reformed but not tamed discord and unreformed chrysalis, discord is a better person.
Sadrai

@CORDZ2000
Yeah your right those three were the main males of the show even had there own guys night episode a couple times. I just find it weird when ever people talk about males in the show they mention Snips & Snails despite them being secondary characters at best.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Sadrai
I feel like shining armor had potential to be in that lane as well. He didn’t really have characterization of being his own character outside of others i felt like though. Speaking of unpopular opinions going to the other male. I feel like sombra is pretty ineffective as a villain like he doesn’t really accomplish anything and is constantly destroyed. Aj father was greatly written in that s7 episode.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Myoozik
The reverse of branching out. Trying to think of episodes featuring the M6 where the primary relationship dynamic included non-M6 cast. I’m probably thinking improperly.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Vivace
If you put it that way, then I guess not too many. How I interpret it is that already by that point, all of the mane 6 have already been developed that in order to use them more, have them interact with other characters that are not each other. Of course as we’ve already seen, we saw more of the secondary characters and they developed them more.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I just remembered that one of the early drafts for G5 was a straight up G4 reboot with the Mane 6 being species swapped. I’m mildly disappointed that didn’t happen.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Dustcan
I’ve been super disappointed about that for a while, even when i told myself that was gonna happen.
I just didn’t imagine that literally nothing of that draft survived.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
The leaks in general I just depresses me lol
@Dustcan
Part of me is still interested in seeing how Earth Pony Twilight and Unicron Fluttershy would have turned
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Wasn’t there also a concept that involved the 3 races being split into 3 different unique worlds? That one sorta worked its way into G5, but the concept sounded more grand
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Eh, I didn’t care for the original leaks nor do I still care about them now, it was clear that they weren’t meant for the public and the fact that a big fuss was made about it didn’t make me even more interested. With that said, maybe that concept could’ve worked as some spinoff or supplementary material like the comics, but I’m glad that G5 is going by something different.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Myoozik
i was fine with either option, but yeah i think in hindsight having a restart wiht a new batch of characters is better then just having the mane 6 again but with their races swapped
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I don’t find Spike to be a particularly great character. I’m only on the early seasons and just got done watching Dragon Quest. (This is not a critique of that episode) Overall Spike just screams a character they don’t know what to do with.
I wish they would do a few things though. Make Spike hang out with friends his own age, I’ll never understand why he doesn’t really have a friendship with the CMC.
Spike and Rarity’s relationship seems a little unimpressive to me. I was hoping they would make Rarity a role model for Spike but their relationship is just there for the most part.
I don’t know. I feel like Spike is a character the writers just got lazy with and they could have really thought outside of the box with him.
I wish they would make him be able to be more of a kid and not just a little brother. Like maybe he could have his own friends and life. It’s limiting for him to just hang out with the grown ups.
Background Pony #4541
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
You and I could agree on Spike’s problems, yes, he was a poorly written male character, especially the Rarity and the “assumed little brother thing” parts are unnerving the most, making me feel like re-watching G4 is a bad idea (but I’ve seen worse in G4’s history), but the bitter truth is that it is too late to fix his character now, G4 already got a finale…
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

To be honest, the writers didn’t know what to do with some characters, not just Spike. That’s why many times they are off character.
Background Pony #4541
@Ring Team
Let’s hope G5 fixes this problem.
G4 rised from within the doubts of what to do after Faust begun and left, and was also in doubt of how the world would view MLP:FiM, that is why it… despite being a decent show, left so many problems to the viewers lately.
Latecomer

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
No, there were quite a few of us I think. (Although I didn’t let my expectations get too high… I still hoped, though.)
@Dustcan
I admit, I’m perhaps not the best person to say this since I marathoned the first 12 FIM eps in one go… but I still think that the Mane 6 were better established in the pilot (and certainly in the pilot plus Ticket Master)than our new bunch were here. (And even if they hadn’t been, we didn’t have to wait a year to learn more about them.)
@Spinny
I’ll concur she has a lot of responsibility (although I’d need to know more G5 history to say how much), and I wouldn’t be surprised if she still causes some problems in the series.
@Vivace
Were they very important before then?
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I do like Spike and how he was done in general, but I will admit that his positioning as part of the adult sphere rather than the youth one was pretty odd.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide