Unpopular opinion time

Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

it can’t be both?
It can, but I wouldn’t bet any money on it. Just because DHX Media paid attention to bronies (Slice of Life, Fame and Misfortune) doesn’t mean Hasbro does. And as far as I know, they’re the ones who decided Equestria Girls should be a thing, not DHX.
Adults (and teenagers) drawing humanized ponies doesn’t equal them buying EqG toys, and that’s what Hasbro cares about. Cartoons cost money and they’re not going to invest in one because of people who’re probably more interested in spending their money on commissions from fellow fans (in which case Hasbro doesn’t get a single cut) than on toys and dolls (the things Hasbro commissioned Friendship is Magic for in the first place).
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
Discord is more interesting as a anti-hero than if he were to stay a clear-cut villain.
@Roseluck
Have u seen the anime style human merchandise that has been created of the mane six?
Roseluck

You’re right that I forgot there were officially-licensed things for adult fans to purchase. Not sure how much income they give Hasbro compared to the children toys though. Especially if they’re limited edition, or need to be purchased and shipped from Japan when the other toys are cheaper and easily available in any dedicated store or supermarket.
I expect the money they get from those collectibles to be an appreciable bonus rather than the bread and butter that keeps them going. But I don’t actually know anything about Hasbro’s sales figures.
Looking at the kotobukiya tag also tells me they’re four years old tops, so probably licensed long after Equestria Girls was decided. And for all we know, the Kotobukiya company was the one who went to Hasbro rather than the other way round.
So Hasbro ended up capitalizing on bronies but that’s not the same as the cartoon being created because of them, something like eight years ago? Especially when you remember that the average brony reaction to EqG was at least as hostile as the one to G5…
Another unpopular opinion. Since it’s basically about brushing most of the Humane Seven under the rug…
I’d loved to see more focus on Rainbow Dash and Sci-Twi. And only on them. But that’s my dislike of all the others and my love for Kim Possible talking here. Rainbow’s basically Kim Possible in my little biased book, anyway, just without the brains to make her an A+ student in every field. Fluttershy probably makes a pretty good Ron Stoppable too, come to think of it.
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
Movie-related (unpopular?) opinion:
Phyllis Cloverleaf, not Sprout, was the true villain of the movie. The movie attempted to absolve her of all accountability by having her realize that her son was going to far, but she’s the one who created the toxic environment in the first place. She’s the one who runs a corporation that both maintains, and profits off of, earth pony paranoia towards the other races. And also, she’s the one who encouraged Sprout in the first place, and it is explicitly her fault if he decided to take the paranoia a step further into active hostility.
AND ANOTHER THING
FUCK HER FOR STEALING AJ’S TERM OF ENDEARMENT!!!! She’s all but tainted the term as far as I’m concerned!!!!
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Yeah, if you’re getting something to put next to your Bome FF, Evangelion, or Read Or Die figurines, you’re not going to shy away from prices in the hundreds.
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
@Spinny
And that’s why-if we ever discover Equestria to be a real place-the first thing I’m gonna do is put a bounty on every single resident with the last name “Cloverleaf”, that way the degenerate future that is G5 will never happen in that Equestria.
Roseluck

@Kiryu-Chan
@Ciaran
And then there are the madmen who purchase several in the name of kitbashing. Prices be damned.
“Oh, lovely pose and dress you’ve got here, Rarity. But I think you’d look better as Rainbow Dash. (takes out metal saw) Sorry darling.”
[one horror movie surgery later]
“Okay, now you’ve got the right head and shoes. Time to sand everything to perfect smoothness and correct the colors. (takes out files, sanding paper and paintbrushes)
[one feverish painting session later]
“Voila, Rainbow Dash in a red dress!

You know, I should have used Fluttershy’s hairstyle instead. (takes out metal saw again, along with the modeling knife)
The things I’ve seen in the Warhammer 40,000 fandom haha.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Man, I’m glad I’m not into $1000 figures or plushies.
@Spinny
I’m assuming these two will get a punishment in the G5 show. I think they didn’t get that punishment because the film has a very Simpsons context (in comparison to G4, which had a very Disney context, with idealistic characters and obvious villains), with lots of characters that are unlikeable and that’s the norm.
But I’m one of those who think that’s what makes them funny, particularly Sprout.
I’m very interested in what would happen in the show. And I’m glad that it uses G4 as a symbol of what represented instead of “hey, remember this?” moments. It would have been very very easy and tempting for the writers.
Background Pony #E3C9
@Ciaran
“Gainax”
I can’t believe they ruined their own masterpiece PSG with its own ending post-credit.
Background Pony #E3C9
Back to the point.
I feel like MLP fan games aren’t as many compared to amount of Touhou fan games, if only people, especially devs, feared Hasbro less, I wished for them to see Hasbro like how 2hu fans devs see ZUN.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide