Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I like the idea of Dragon Dropped, but I didn’t like things like Rarity being so possesive.

But I also think this show has tons of episodes with good ideas and bad executions.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Background Pony #4C59

I like Rarijack but hate Appledash.

And AJ presumably ending up with Dash is some bullshit subversion after all the shipteasing they did for Rarijack throughout the series. Hell, in EG, they eventually ended up being even more explicit with it than in FiM.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Spinny  
In all fairness there was a lot of Appledash content either in the way of scenes or entire episodes from several different writers that wound up being cut, including 28 Pranks Later, AJ’s Day Off, Saddle Row Review and and one S5 episode that ironically enough was also a Rarity episode, at some point it was clear a lot of writers liked seeing them paired up. But at some point someone else decided to change it until S8 where they switched back, but at that point all we had was NCC and Trivial Pursuit. Ultimately no one ended up being happy

Ahhh shipping wars, the absolute last thing writers should have gotten involved with
Spinny
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Kiryu-Chan

I’ve still never watched NCC, by the way. It’s one of the few FiM episodes I’ve skipped, along with Sweet and Smokey (because fuck Fluttershy in season 9).
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Kiryu-Chan  
I don’t ship any of the mane 6 and find ‘certain’ shippers trying to force their headcanons on everyone annoying. That usually happens in the comment sections when they spam uploads to inflate the numbers of a particular one.
Background Pony #E848
@Spinny  
Maybe late season Fluttershy might be too assertive or too brave for your liking, I kinda miss the good old cowardly Fluttershy, but at the same time I am able to accept character development.
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
@DragonBoi471
That makes EQG look more canon.

Bit of a late response, but how does retconning the rest of the Pillars into the story of the Dazzlings’ banishment make EQG “more canon”? Especially when:  
~The events of the EQG films and series are never directly/indirectly mentioned in any season of FIM.  
~We never see the mirror portal in neither the Crystal Empire nor Twilight’s Castle (not even in the castle library, where Twilight moved it to at the beginning of Rainbow Rocks).  
~Ponies can easily stand/walk on two legs and hold things in their hooves in FIM while they struggle to do those things in EQG unless they’re turned into humans.  
~The Pillars didn’t appear in the story of the Dazzlings’ banishment in Rainbow Rocks.

In the words of Val Kilmer, “It just raises too many questions.”
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@DragonBoi471  
AC97 already gave a response.  
Mine would be that neither telling contradicts the other. Shadow Play doesn’t have the sirens transported somewhere other than where EQG implied, and while Star Swirl is the only one credited with finding a way to banish the sirens in EQG, it avoids explicitly saying that he alone carried it out. EQG left room available for the events to be expanded on without creating a contradiction, which Shadow Play did. The banishment is the EQG event mentioned in EQG.

The mirror portal wasn’t needed in FiM, so was left out.

Ponies can walk on their hind legs, but they pretty much never do so for extended periods or by default, which humans do.

EQG presented the banishment in storybook illustration style rather than a direct and more objective flashback. Since Twilight could read the book without significant trouble, it was probably not written in Old Ponish, so it wasn’t a primary source, but a retelling of the events, in which specific details were distilled or forgotten. The rest of the Pillars could thus be subsumed by their leader.
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
@Angrybrony  
You must’ve misunderstood; I want EQG to be canon, however, it’s kinda hard for me to believe it is due to the reasons I mentioned above.

On a different note, I’ve got a feeling that there’s gonna be some fan-made alternate endings to Season 9 now that the G5 movie is out.
Ring Team
Artist -

I think people are being unreasonably unfair to The last problem. The most common complaint I’ve read was that “it wasn’t the finale I had in mind”. And while it’s true (because the direction of the show wasn’t planned at all), that shouldn’t be a reason to say it’s a bad episode. It’s like saying that Smash Bros Brawl is a bad game because “it wasn’t a game designed to be competitive”, or The last Jedi was bad because “it wasn’t the movie I had in mind”.

Not to mention, the people sho usually complain about The last problem are the same people who didn’t complain the same way about other debatable episodes. There we some exceptions like Father knows beast or Non-compete Clause, but those episodes were hated because “everyone else hated it, so it’s ok to hate it, it’s socially accepted”. When it comes to the overall show, many people were benevolent until it was too late, which isn’t pretty good reasoning.

And you know that? I love The last problem. I think the story was very relatable. Most of us had friends and, after having a good time with them, we worried about what would happen in the future. How can I meet my friend again from a long distance? How can I see her grow because I care about her so much? Nowadays it’s not an issue because we have Discord, Facebook and Skype. And it was overall very well written, and this comes from someone who thinks Josh Haber is the worst writer in the show next to Michael Vogel. I think he did a good job asking the right questions with the right characters in the right moments.

I think the only problem I see in that episode is that I wish it was funnier. But other than that, I think it’s a very good episode. I wouldn’t mind watching it again.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I’m usually not a fan of fix fics, but I do remember reading this one about The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well where after the events, Dash’s friends decide to throw a party to congratulate her for being a big hero. During that, Rainbow Dash praises her friends for upstaging her as a good learning lesson, but their friends tell her that it wasn’t the aim they were going for. Eventually, Rainbow spills the beans about how she felt towards the whole thing and right as she was about to cry, her friends realize that they did and apologize her.

I do like fix fics like those, the ones that don’t make the characters act out of character or make it melodramatic and gritty cause I feel like a lot rely too much on those tropes and it feels more like whining rather than actually trying to fix things.
Ring Team
Artist -

Hot take, and I’ve been thinking about this for a couple of months: I think The ending of the end is where Starlight is at her best.

In this episode not only we see Starlight being a hero, but she’s actually doing heroic things for the greater good. She teleports Chrysalis to a lonely mountain just to avoid any kind of damage and to keep everyone safe. That is great. She also distracts the villains while the Mane 6 rescues other people, which is cool.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide