Unpopular opinion time

DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
Speaking of the pillars, one of my gripes with Shadow Play is that they were shoehorned/retconned into the story of the Dazzlings’ banishment, thus making the EQG series even more likely to be non-canon than ever before.

Ring Team, since you re-watched Rainbow Rocks, I have a question for you:  
Aside from Starswirl, were any of the other pillars mentioned or featured in the Dazzlings’ banishment story in that movie?
eqq_scremble
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Applecord man
@SparkleDash

I’m actually very aware.  
My point was that they did a “6 powerful heroes with a sidelined 7th wheel” where the 7th wheel turns evil and instead of having the current “6 powerful heroes with a sidelined 7th wheel” have their 7th wheel step up, they wrote the spot to “the temporary new main character”.

I’m not here to argue about this much I just still think that it was a weird choice for a set up to not use to let Spike have some actual spotlight, but that’s just me. (Because Stygians original dynamic was very much the same as Spikes).

Tldr.: Yeah I know, that wasn’t my point tho.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@DragonBoi471  
I don’t think so. I think it was only Starswirl and nothing more.

About EG being canon or non-canon, I don’t care about that much nowadays. I think of EG more as an alternative series that has their own stories. I don’t think the debate should be about whether something is either canon or not.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Too many redemption stories focus on somehow doing enough good to balance out the evil done, which isn’t the point. By becoming a better person, they are redeeming themselves.

That’s pretty much it. A person redeeming themselves is putting the work in to change themselves (which somehow, people take away “she didn’t change a bit” in Starlight’s case), and living with the consequences of their actions/themselves. While being willing to commit self-sacrifice is a great indicator of change, it shouldn’t be the endgoal, because dying is the easy way out.

It’s reductive to place “redemption” on a mathematical equation of “did the good they do outweigh the bad;” Luna, even if she didn’t do much damage, taking the flashback at face value, could not outweigh the damage she caused by being merely absent 1,000 years, and Discord, being who he is, would be very hard-pressed to outweigh the pain he caused as a villain, before, during, and after S2/S4, but again, that isn’t the point of it. It would’ve also been highly unlikely Chrysalis would’ve “outweighed” the bad she did in her life if she reformed in S6, instead, nor would it be true that she realistically wouldn’t have relapses.

@ichiban iceychan 1517  
Not sure why I chuckled.

@DragonBoi471  
Speaking of the pillars, one of my gripes with Shadow Play is that they were shoehorned/retconned into the story of the Dazzlings’ banishment, thus making the EQG series even more likely to be non-canon than ever before.

Aside from Starswirl, were any of the other pillars mentioned or featured in the Dazzlings’ banishment story in that movie?

When Star Swirl was already allegedly “obscure unicorn history” regarding the first time he was mentioned, and Equestrians seem somewhat ignorant to begin with, it wouldn’t actually be that out of place for them to streamline the tale to Star Swirl, who is the face of the Pillars, being the one to banish them.  
Twilight Sparkle: If the sirens had their way, they would have divided and conquered all of Equestria. But a certain Star Swirl the Bearded wasn’t having it. Rumor has it he found a way to banish them to another world – one where he believed their magic power would be lost. That world must have been the one where my Canterlot High friends live.

Incidentally, Twilight’s wording kinda line up with it being a legend, that there were details lost to time.

It also wouldn’t be overly unlikely, absent of Twilight’s intervention, to have it summed up in history as “Twilight defeated Nightmare Moon/defeated Discord” by some account, especially if it’s the Quick Notes version of events, as it would be in the case of “sum up the Sirens, minute details including those Twilight wouldn’t idolize as much not needed.”
Background Pony #F2E8
Turning villains into woobies this days is getting either to predictable, cliche and tiring too watch.

I read this comic called Fix, and of course they had to turn Chrysalis into a victim, in a very forced way.

Cant we have more villlains like Frieza again?
Latecomer

@Spinny  
I’ll cocur, although she does seem to have vaguely made it work in the same way the Manes did teaching.

@SparkleDash  
I think there was probably room for both of them to relate to him, but it was a very crowded ep. Would have been nice to have has some later Spike/Stygian though.

@Ring Team  
And to me it’s one of the only finales not to disappoint.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Starlight Glimmer is one of the greatest characters in the show ever.

One of my absolute favorites, because I find her mindset interesting, by and large. Also I’d argue she’s somewhat misunderstood by some, at any rate. Not that she’d be everyone’s cup of tea even if they all “understood her perfectly” anyway, though.

@Background Pony #F2E8  
@Vivace  
That one is a shame, really. It could be a tangent in its own right, that backstory decision, considering which character we’re talking about (if she has a reason to be righteously pissed off…), and regarding the author’s previous thought process on “not sure I can do this backstory justice regarding abuse” tangent seeming incongruent, considering.

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH

One of the things She-Ra did right (it did things quite wrong IMO, like speedrunning to CatraDora after all that shit she put them through, things being unaddressed in rather glaring ways, and a few characters not being… prominent enough, later on) was not actually redeeming Shadow Weaver, who was easily one of my favorites/most interesting ones (as per the writer, regarding the “not redeemed” part). While she regretted the outcome for herself, with how her actions backfired, and she wasn’t as thoroughly evil as the main antagonist, since she could see the bigger picture, she never actually apologized for anything she did to anyone, the ones she abused, and just sacrificed herself, under the mindset others would have to forgive her for doing one last noble act to die on. Even so, I still felt sorry for her, because she was what I considered at least somewhat sincere in her last moments, and I enjoyed how she was an amoral, pragmatic mentor to the heroes, after she left the Fright Zone.

I think someone else summed it up best, for those three, to swing back to MLP.
Background Pony #F2E8

Yep. That one particular page.

The author REALLY had the good idea to not specifically mention if this was during Celestia’s reign. It probably is thought, since we have the three pony races working together… Which makes things way more grim.

@AC97  
I always compared Chrysalis and her changelings like some sort of plague. I cant imagine her being this calm and collected being that can be racionalized, because how corrupted and evil she is.

You can think in using the “but we just want to survive” excuse… Okay, but how have you been feeding during all this time? Since when invading towns and kingdoms is called “surviving”?

Like any plague, it should be stopped, and eradicated.
Background Pony #F2E8
dk, but I think it would be hilarious if Chrysalis just ends up being iredeemable, and all this time she was just manipulating Twilight with fake memories so she couldn free Chrys from her imprison.

I meant to post it here oops.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide