Unpopular opinion time

CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
neighsay was right to say that twilight and her friends weren’t fit to be teachers and that they need to protect themselves from those that can harm them.@Background Pony #850D  
@Latecomer but ofc he went about it the wrong way with the whole racist thing and thinking every creature is inherently bad but ultimately id argue he was doing what he thought protected his country instead of being a jerk just to be a jerk.
Background Pony #850D
@CORDZ2000  
Yeah, I’m sure that’s how real world bigots justify their own actions. They’re just “protecting their country from savage others.”
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
the ponies weren’t really on good terms with the other species at first, infact a war almost started when they couldn’t found the kids. Every creature was a threat to pony kind to neighsay because all he knows is that other races also are prejudice and want to hurt ponies. Once he saw they all weren’t out to get ponies and even ponies can be the biggest enemies such as cozy glow he quickly changed so he can save eq from the current threat, which shows me he had good intentions just bad execution, thinking and way of going about it.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
starswirl was also based and so was s9 discord to a degree on the latter, starlight philosophy is crazy but kinda makes sense although she shouldn’t have became a villain because one friend left but yeah…
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
Once u realize a lot of the backlash was undeserving and shows just how much people didn’t understand discords character or for thought grogar was more interesting to see as the final villain than villains we have history with, it becomes even sadder
Background Pony #7032
@CORDZ2000  
Tbf, I feel people probably understood, but if they were gonna have those 3 as the final villains, at least give us something that showed that discord was disguised as grogar.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Background Pony #7032  
there is also of discord leaving the scene grogar would always show up. And discord constantly talking about twilight needing the confidence to succeed as ruler in the premiere and summer sun setback.

Some criticism he is given also completely demonize and lack a understanding of his character as a Q-esque character who has spent the series helping twilight in his own chaotic way. Imagine if i told a lion it deserves to burn in hell for killing animals to eat its a LION, that’s literally what the fandom did to discord hes a spirit of CHAOS and Disharmony HEllo.

The idea that Its both impossible to believe he was forgiven despite starlight being forgiven and never punished when she had ill willed intentions that led to her almost destroying the universe because one friend left. But after putting himself in danger to help make things right it literally counts for nothing because he messed up when genuinely trying to be a good friend is unfair and black and white.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@CORDZ2000  
Nothing about Starlight’s philosophy made sense. She was an idiot to the core. She was basically Jim Jones, Our town was her people’s Temple and Twilight and her friends were Leo Ryan, The senator who visited the people’s Temple to check it’s conditions only for Jones to decide it’d be best If he never left. The only difference is MLP got a happier Resolution.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Terminal Rex  
Well I mean a cutie mark that determines who your gonna be and what your gonna do what your life is kinda wild. I dont think starlight backstory should have pushed her that far but its a interesting thing in concept i can easily imagine cutie marks seperating others.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@CORDZ2000  
A cutie mark never decided any of those things. Ponies get new jobs, skills and hobbies all the time. It’s just stupid Starlight logic trying to blame magic buttstamps for her own insecurities, Lifes uncertanties and inability to write a Damn letter.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Terminal Rex  
Yeah u do have a point that starlight motives were probably actually selfish but she deluded herself to have good intentions. The point to prove this is that she was vengeful twilight took away something she wanted and didn’t care if others didn’t want it. It was because she couldn’t move on from her friend leaving and wanted to make sure others would never leave her again. If she was truly well intended, she would have been sad instead that her plans didn’t make others truly happier not seeking revenge.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@CORDZ2000  
Thinking about, Starlight in S5 could easily stand as a statement against fan theories about the nature of cutie marks. Might be a bit of a stretch but an argument could be made.
Background Pony #1DAC
@Terminal Rex

I wish Parent Map had made this explicit if it was the intention, but I like the implication in that episode that Sunburst just ignores any letters he gets from Sire’s Hollow because of how overbearing Stellar Flare is. Giving a potential reason for how he and Starlight lost touch.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
Yeh parent map, Its funny how even the show itself made fun of how ridiculous starlight backstory was later on, like it wasn’t like she was bullied or something, she just choose not to make more friends because she was just some emo teen.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Brass Beau  
A case can be made for that yeah, either way teaching kids that theyll found there purpose when they get butt tattoos is a weird and potentially damaging thing to teach using reality ensues.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@WyrmSpawN  
I expect that being taught u have a predetermined destiny stamped on u for life will lead to a bunch of ponies being like gummy in slice of life
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
I still find it kinda ironic (and a bit dumb) that Rainbow Dash, despite being the athlete of the Mane Six, is unable to break free from ropes, chains, vines, and other restraints.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide