Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I think the Kirins were a fun concept for a one-time episode. If the Kirins appeared in many episodes in G5 as a central part of the story of each episode, the concept of “being dependent on their emotions” would end up being derivative.

Maybe it’s me, but I can’t think of some possibilities for the Kirins to have many episodes. Having the chance to make new races, new cultures, new concepts, new worlds and new “everything” would benefit the G5 to be its own thing.

That doesn’t mean the Kirins in G5 is a bad idea, but it has to be done in a way that it’s inventive, creative and refreshing.

Just to clarify, I really liked Sound of Silence. It’s one of my favourite episodes in season 8.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Ebalosus  
I have a feeling that the Kirins could’ve been used a second time if the show went on a little bit longer, or possibly have one as a student in the school.
Background Pony #D4F4
I don’t get the obsession people have with Sunset permanently returning to Equestria.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

I’m assuming it’s because they liked the first EG film so much that they wanted her in the show, even though we later had the EG shorts.
Ring Team
Artist -

Yup.

I started to hear that during season 4, but I’m not sure if Sunset Shimmer in the TV show would be the right move for the show. That’s probably why we had Starlight Glimmer in season 5, an answer to the petition of “putting Sunset Shimmer in the show”, an equivalent (I know they’re not the same character, but it’s essentially the same core idea, especially the Sunset Shimmer from the first EG film).

Personally, I don’t think the idea of a character being in a show should be good just because “thousands of people asked for it”. By that logic, every single Star Wars film would have Boba Fett. I’m more into new things and new characters. In fact, the only MLP character I wanted her to come back was Chrysalis, and her presence in seasons 6, 8 and 9 were very underwhelming. For a TV show filled with some unnecessary returns such as Iron Will, Glim Glam brothers and Trixie, I’m amazed that the writers didn’t take the chance to apply the same dedication with a villain that had so much potential until it was too late.

But at least I have the fanarts and fanfics.
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Background Pony #D4F4

Eh, some people only wanted her to make amends with Celestia, which eventually happened. However, some did indeed want her to appear in the show, or even go as far as to permanently join the mane six. That’s why many of them hated Starlight when she showed up and joined the mane six. They (ridiculously) felt that she was stealing a role that was intended for Sunset.

As for me, it became clear that Sunset had every intention of remaining in the human world long-term when she was trying to get her driver’s license. But yeah, a lot of her fans would not accept that.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Spinny  
I’m fine with Sunset being in the EG world, because I can’t come up with a reason for her to return to Equestria, it’s not like it’s some wasted potential. Besides, I think her actions in the next EG films show how much she wants to be good.

And… driver’s license? Was that an episode or something?
Background Pony #7032
@Ring Team  
I know that, though i feel Hasbro and DHX wanted Sunset to remain in EQG.

If Starlight was still evil, then maybe we’d get Sunset in the TV Show, although they would have to find an excuse for Sunset.  
Obviously, the human counterpart thing can make sense.
Background Pony #E848
@Background Pony #7032  
Welp, I hope mentioning Starlight here does not leads to complaint about her, as we are focusing on Sunset here (knowing how Ring Team think of Starlight so low…).
Background Pony #7032
@Background Pony #E848  
Same here, but I wanted to put in my two cents worth.

And i’m pretty sure someone would’ve said what i said anyway, so…

Anyway, back on topic: I wonder if Sunset has experience in driving a motorcycle?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide