Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I really liked The ending of the end (I wish the season 4 started to build things up like that), but the stuff related to Discord, especially in the beginning, feels off.

But it’s also another example that, for better or worse, Friendship is Magic has a lot of jank.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

@Andyxdr  
Overall, I didn’t like Discord in the first minutes of the episode. His motivations, intentions and goals presented in the story were very confusing, very random and very baffling.

The episode has other problems. For example, I wanted to see a Twilight vs Chrysalis duel, not a duel with Chrysalis and Starlight. However, the second part of the episode has a little bit of that, so that’s ok.

The episode is not perfect. That said, most of the episodes in the entire show were also baffling. So criticizing the inconsistence of this episode when we watched many other incoherent episodes is a bit silly and very unfair. Besides, by the time I wanted to finish the show, I embraced the jank of Friendship is Magic, so despite the problems, I ended up liking a lot The ending of the end.
Andyxdr
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Glowin' up!
@Ring Team  
Okay, good. I hope you don’t hate Discord now, though. I noticed the finale caused a large number of people to give him hate which I personally don’t think he deserves. I’ve seen so many negative comments about Discord that anything that looks even a little bit like one bothers me.
Ring Team
Artist -

@WyrmSpawN  
Yeah, I know that. However, it’s really really easy to stuck on the argument of “this episode made me hate Discord” for things related to hype culture, like “everyone is saying the same thing about this episode, better do the same thing again”. The same thing happened with other movies. Star Wars got this type of responses and, because of that, it became difficult to logically discuss our opinions about the movies.

I agree that it’s one of the most unlikeable twists I’ve watched in the show. However, by the time I watched it, not only I got over with it, but also pretty much everything has already been said.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Andyxdr  
Nah, fanboys are fanboys. They don’t like questions, they like statements. And harassing other people.

Besides, and I’ll say this: It could have been worse. A lot worse. And, at the end of the day, it’s just an incidental mistake from a writer.
Background Pony #82AF
@Ring Team  
That makes fangirls like questions??? ¯*(ツ)*/¯

Not all fanboys are that illogical, but maybe a majority.
Ring Team
Artist -

By the way, I’m pretty sure someone said this, but, even though I haven’t watched Pony Life, the characters are very expressive, probably even more than Friendship is Magic.
Ring Team
Artist -

@WyrmSpawN  
I agree on that. It could have been a better episode. And we can say the same thing for many episodes from the last seasons. However, I’m fine with the final result because I ended up embracing the jank of the show.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I feel when a particularly bad fuck up happens at literally the finale of an entire show, it’s really difficult to pass it up as “jank” or an “incidental mistake”
Ring Team
Artist -

I kinda get it, in a way. However, even though that twist was unnecessary and meaningless, it could have been worse. For example, I imagine a worse scenario in The Ending of the End where the villain don’t know that Discord was all behind this, we all know it as the audience and his plan was finally revealed at the very end, making the Mane 6 really shocked and making the audience weirdly uncomfortable because we all knew it during this 44 minutes episode.

If The Ending of the End was exactly like this, I could even join the disappointment. But no, it was revealed at the very first minute, even though it’s a questionable creative decision. To me, it’s just another one for a long list of poorly written ideas.

Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve seen worse.
Background Pony #12B4
Discord’s motives and intentions in wanting to make Twilight more comfortable as a ruler make me slightly more sympathetic towards him. His plan was really stupid and he got off way too easily, but he did it from a place of genuinely wanting to help so I can respect that part at least.
Background Pony #7CFD
@Background Pony #12B4  
That sort of respect for me is ruined by the way he treats the trio. They were already punished, but the way he treats them mixed with all the false promises is frankly horrible, not to mention the fact that this came even after the Tirek fiasco. He was already given multiple chances at this point.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Background Pony #12B4  
Like what the BP above me said, him trying to help Twilight warm up to ruling would’ve been really great for him and his character if it wasn’t for his methods. Maybe it’s just me, but it just feels like he was trying to help Twilight just so he can see some sort of benefit towards himself now that he’s not a villain anymore, and he did it in a pretty unpleasant way to me.
Background Pony #12B4
I guess I’m an optimist and like to think Discord was coming from a place of altruism. XD I do agree that while his motives were good (or at least “not bad”), his methods were stupid and terrible.

Someone else on this said talked about it, but Discord’s plan also wouldn’t address Twilight’s real issues about being a ruler, not a hero.
Background Pony #12B4
Yeah, but the thing is, I don’t think Twilight had doubts about being a hero. It was being a ruler she had doubts and defeating the Trio and saving Equestria wouldn’t have done anything to assuage her doubts about that.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Background Pony #12B4  
When it comes to having good intentions, what it boils down to is how you put them to good use, you don’t mishandle it and ultimately what consequences it’ll bring. Like I’m sure Discord absolutely meant well when he tried to teach lessons to the others just because he’s “reformed”, but I feel like he should’ve been placed in more of a position where he didn’t think about himself or where he can get what he wants.
Background Pony #12B4
They should have put a power limiter collar on him when they had the chance or something. :P
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide