Unpopular opinion time

Algebroot Neogears
Artist -
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
In my opinion, the worst episode in the entire series may be “It Ain’t Easy Being Breezies”. I liked breezies and wanted to see them appear in G4. Then the episode appeared and in general it feels to me like the writer hated breezies even before this episode was made and the episode was written specifically to stealthily ensure it’s nigh-impossible for anyone to even want to write breezies into the show:

1. Make them magicless insects coincidentally shaped like ponies, so they can’t last at all in the main world.  
  2. Box them off in another dimension, so that writers can’t let them be visited from the main world by normal means.  
  3. Make said dimension only available through a portal available once a year which opens and closes only automatically on a set time limit, so writers won’t be able to make them visit the main world either.  
  4. Make it Fluttershy’s key episode, both to justify all the above and to prevent anyone from ever ignoring the episode.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Spinny  
It’s easier to forgive the pre-S6 episode’s shortcomings because I always felt they were written with good intentions(yes, even MMDW and Rainbow Falls).

But once S6 and Newbie Dash hit they were practically punishing you for liking the wrong character from there on out. Seriously, you had to have tried to ruin an episode about RD becoming a WB. It got so bad to the point where Dash’s portrayal in goddamn Pony Life felt like a fucking improvement.

HECK, in Flight To The Finish, RD was supposed to be the antagonist instead of DT and SS, but they probably changed it for the same reason they changed Spike At Your Service. Had that episode come out in S6 or sometime later I can guarantee they would have doubled down on that shit instead

@Algebroot Neogears  
Jim Miller was really open about how much he hated animating them, so it wouldn’t be surprising if this is true
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I think I’m one of the few people who liked It Ain’t Easy Being Breezies. It’s a harmless episode, the ending was cute and it has funny voices for this type of characters.
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Kiryu-Chan

Wow, I never knew that about Flight to the Finish. That’s pretty surprising given that it’s one of Dash’s best episodes.

@Ring Team

Harmless? The Spike abuse in that episode alone makes me hate it. Making him be the accidental cause of the breezies failing to get home when it could have been literally anything else, even just the wind, and then going to the mane six in tears because he believed they were all blaming him for what happened? Yeah, that was freaking running him into the ground for no reason.

Then of course, just like with Dash, Twilight was needed for Fluttershy to earn her key because she couldn’t get the breezies home on her own. And I still think the spell Twilight pulled off is the most powerful thing she’s ever done, which has a lot to do with how Larson was the only writer who ever tried to avoid making Twilight too powerful. In any case, this was definitely the episode where she peaked.
Background Pony #B772
I’d say Applejack episodes are worse than Spike episodes.

At least Spike episodes are memorably bad. Applejack’s episodes are some of the most forgettable in the show.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Spinny
HECK, in Flight To The Finish, RD was supposed to be the antagonist instead of DT and SS, but they probably changed it for the same reason they changed Spike At Your Service. Had that episode come out in S6 or sometime later I’m willing to bet they would have doubled down on that shit instead

What’s this now? Maybe they changed it because “Sleepless in Ponyville” established (via the the iconic scene at the end) that Rainbow Dash was fully aware of Scootaloo’s wing situation from the beginning.

Though “The Washouts” has her very strongly imply that she’d been expecting Scootaloo to follow her into the Wonderbolts, so…
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@DoctorWTF  
It was in the leaks, though it wasn’t so much RD acting exactly like DT and SS, but she coaches the CMC with their routine, but RD is excessively more harsher with training Scootaloo as opposed to the other 2, to the point where Scootaloo thinks RD doesn’t like her as well as makes her think she’s the weak link of the CMC
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dammit, I saw another image spoiler that I shouldn’t have seen. xD

Even though I don’t think there’s gonna be any major reveals in the last 10 episodes, I like to be surprised. The Last Laugh was a perfect example of a great Pinkie Pie episode that I definitely didn’t see it coming at this point of the show.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Dragon Dropped does not mean Spike has lost his feelings for Rarity. To me it means he’s just growing to be his own person.

If anything this might actually be a plus for that ever so unlikely pairing. If Spike can be his own man instead of just following Rarity, maybe Rarity can see him as an equal not just a kid. And being equals is one of the keys to a romantic relationship.

But the point is, is that Rarity probably has a better relationship with Spike now. And they might start to be a little more like peers now.
Background Pony #E848
@Latecomer  
What about AJ’s parents, they even met each other since they were frickin babies!!??

Making this not fair for Twilight’s and Spike’s relationship!!
Background Pony #E848
@Background Pony #E848  
Also, many people in this fandom and even the show’s writers seems to have the “double standard” when it comes to Twilight’s and Spike’s shippability, while letting AJ’s parents whom met since born or very young as well got loose… don’t make me think of Spike swooning over Rarara, and if Spike was younger, Rarara is more vulnerable to accusation than Twi, gosh, fortunately the ship gag was a joke.

Making this seems hypocritical if you ask me…  
And marks one of the few issues I have with this show and fandom, even I like the show because of the quality content it gives overshadows the bad qualities, but now I am mentioning the bad qualities for today.
Background Pony #E848
@Latecomer  
Still, did Twilight ever be a “mom” to him? Not stated in the show at all, at best he is her housemate sharing same household til the day of their death (like AJ’s parents but I see AJ’s parents may live in different households, but still are childhood playmates evolved into lovers).

Twi’s parents and/or Princess Celestia are main care givers.
Background Pony #E848
@Background Pony #E848  
Ps: The “you are not my mom” line from Spike in the show, is true, but Twi heartbreak from it makes me cringe, shows that show writers are also wired into this mess of relationship logic between them.

Meanwhile, AJ’s parents gangsta in afterlife.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #E848  
Part mom, part sister, part boss. All of which make any such relationship skeevy. And neither of them show any sign of one, either.

Now, could it possibly work a few centuries down the line, when their youth is long behind them and almost everyone else they knew is gone? Maybe. But not anytime soon.
Background Pony #7CFD
@Background Pony #E848  
Spike literally said that Twilight raised him. We saw glimpses of this from season 1 and upwards. Spike was a child throughout the show and Twilight was an adult, therefore shipping them would be awkward as opposed to the two equal aged childhood friends becoming lovers.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I always appreciated little moments where the characters does horse related things. Sometimes you forget that these horse-shaped people are actually horses.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide