Unpopular opinion time

Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Myoozik

That’s because AJ is best pony. <3

@Latecomer

The notion that AJ could be “easily” omitted is ludicrous. The support she provides for the mane six cannot be taken over by any other character. Her team mom status brings a sense of equilibrium to the group, and she has historically been the one who has brought them back from the brink. Take The Ending of the End for instance, where all the mane six end up encouraging Twilight, but AJ is left as the one who really hammers the point home and snaps her out of her funk. Because that’s simply her role.
Latecomer

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Yeah, which did they even get?

@Spinny  
Some people see that, while for others she just seems extraneous. But then, I think it’s probably the case for all the Manes save perhaps Twilight that they come off as essential to some and extraneous to others.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I love Twilight and Applejack, but I don’t have a particular idea for an episode about these two.

This is improvised, but I imagined they are on an adventure in a different world where Twilight’s magic doesn’t work but Applejack’s practical skills are useful. Twilight, although she appreciates her help, she feels useless. Then Applejack comforts her and she tells her that she’s not only one of her best friends, but she can also help by translating some weird words thanks to some books she carried. They overcome some obstacles together and they go back to Ponyville.

It’s a very simple idea. I haven’t mentioned the shiny map of friendship because it’s a repetitive plot device at this point. It was already repetitive back in season 6.
Twi Clown
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
11 popular characters people like but I don’t.

11: Applejack  
10: Big Mac  
9: Derpy Hooves  
8: Lyra  
7: Bon Bon  
6: Maud Pie  
5: Cozy Glow  
4: Sonata Dusk  
3: Fluttershy  
2: Sci Twi  
1: Chrysalis
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Latecomer  
I don’t think there ever was any episodes with just those two as the main focus. All I’ve seen them have are “moments” in episodes were the mane six were together.  
@Ring Team  
I personally would see episodes with just the two of them being more slice of life.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Twilight and Applejack did feel more prevalent together during the first couple of seasons but it kinda disappeared as the series went on, which is honestly a shame given the two-parters always made them feel like the leader/second-in-command dynamic, but as the series went on Twilight felt more bigger compared to everyone else while they just kept pairing AJ with Rarity to drive that pairing into the ground
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Twi Clown  
11. My new favorite Mane 6  
10. He’s alright, not my favorite  
9. Overrated  
8. Also overrated  
7. Same as above two, the spy gimmick that they gave her was stupid  
6. Used to like her but she overstayed her welcome on the spotlight; Marble Pie is better  
5. She’s okay  
4. Don’t care for her cause EQG  
3. She’s a good character but at the bottom for the Mane 6  
2. I like her from what I’ve seen  
  1. I like her too but I think Tirek is the better of the Legion Of Doom
Twi Clown
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
@Myoozik

11: To be fair, it was her or Pinkie, and admittedly is more a case of apathy over active dislike. But her lacking in stand out aspects doesn’t do her favors to me, I’d rather have them standing out from the crowd.  
10: He and his sister have similar problems of not being too interesting.  
9: Became brony flagship for some minor gag.  
8: I kinda wish they play along with the human gimmick, but became pure shipping fodder instead.  
7: I mean, is the shipping fodder of 8. It really kills the interest.  
6: Meh, I like neither. A stoic dullard nonetheless. And her sister is just painfully meek.  
5: I hate her. I didn’t put her higher on the list only because I must also factorize how others like her to make this and she’s admittedly somewhat divisive here and there for some.  
4: She’s a ditz, that’s all her gimmick. Also tacos. I hate tacos.  
3: Starts being too cowardly for my taste. And after getting some backbone, she actually loses relevance so it feels just kinda there.  
2: Ugh, couldn’t just make her an evil mad scientist instead of a meek one in the third and fourth movie? Why? She’s supposed to be Twilight fucking Sparkle, the snarky smartass dangit.  
1: Really, never liked her, and a lot of the time her incompetence in some aspects overstretched the disbelief for me.
Spinny
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
I’ve soured heavily towards Fluttershy over time. Granted, she was never really one of my favorites and I’ve always felt that she was highly overrated, but I did appreciate how consistent her development was. However, she was annoying af in season 9, and Pony Life also totally destroyed her as well.

@Kiryu-Chan

The issue is, once Starlight came along, AJ was somewhat relegated to third in line for Twilight’s source of support, behind both her and Spike. And there’s no more obvious (and irritating) example than this:

This is AJ’s sole response to Twilight’s depression over her school being shut down. No words of advice or wisdom, just literally shoving applesauce in her face, which is massively inconsistent to how AJ has responded to Twilight’s depression in the past. But here, she’s literally prevented from saying the right things for no other reason so that Starlight can be the one to say them instead.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Spinny  
It’s actually kinda sad. They could’ve done so much more with Applejack’s older sister vibe. Out of everyone in the main six, she was the most normal one.
Ring Team
Artist -

I just realized that the season 8 was more solid and consistent than season 7.

Which makes me like the season 8 more than season 7.
Ring Team
Artist -

Season 7 has some really good episodes, such as Campfire Tales, Parental Glideance and Marks and Recreation. That said, I think I like the season 8 more than 7 because:

-Many of the episodes from season 7 were too wacky and inconsistent for me.  
-Some retcons in the season finale. Characters such as Starswirl didn’t need to return.  
-There’s some self-awareness, but it’s very little and very selective, kinda like the modern episodes of The Simpsons.  
-Season 7 has more Starlight and Trixie episodes than season 8.

Most of the complaints I’ve read about season 8 are very similar to the complaints I used to have in seasons 4 and 6 years ago, especially the season 6. I’m assuming it’s because many people were eventually sick of the silliness and wanted a more interesting development. By the time I went back to the show, I accepted all its problems. Like, I can’t be mad at some filler episodes, Pinkie’s flanderization or Starlight’s character development, because I’m aware of it and I kinda expect it. xD

But overall, I think seasons 7 and 8 have some good stuff and some problems equally.
Latecomer

@Ring Team  
Huh - most of those are actually what I’d consider weaker Season 7 episodes.

I suppose it does have a lot of Strlight focus, so if you’re comitted to disliking her that could be a problem. Not so sure what you mean by “wacky and inconsistent”, “retcons” or “self-awareness”, though - mind giving some examples?

And yes, a lot of Season 8’s issues are similar to one’s in Season 6 and even 4 - one’s which recur throughout the show, really. And the biggest issue at all is having too many bad episodes and not enough good ones, which I feel Season 7 managed to avoid.

@WyrmSpawN  
I feel that’s probably a rather niche one.
Ring Team
Artist -

@WyrmSpawN  
I had mixed feelings the first time I saw that shipping back in 2014. I don’t remember the name of the artist, but he made two types of Twisombra fanart: The NSFW content and a what-if scenario where Sombra and Twilight are dating. The artist is incredibly talented, but he makes some NSFW furry content, and I don’t like that side of the Internet. I like his safe fan-comics much more in comparison.

The fact that it’s fan-content is enough reason for me to not worry too much about it. It’s not supposed to be canon.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide