Unpopular opinion time

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Latecomer  
I don’t think there is a way to write it “better narratively” since it’s subjective what “better” means. By default, when writing this kind of murder mystery, you’ll have two options: Some preexisting main or supporting character or a new one introduced for the plot, and it depends on what their motives are for why they committed the crime. For this episode, Pinkie was the one who instigated it since she explained the cake in delicious detail, which caused the three to cave in to temptation to take a bite.

I never saw it as out of character anyway since Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy sounds like the ones who would commit a crime like that, they’re the easiest ones to give in compared to Applejack who’s been established as being the toughest of the six internally.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Latecomer  
Eh, I disagree. Like I said, I never saw them as out of character at all. We’ve had worse episodes where the characters acted out of character than this one.

@Background Pony #DE6D  
I really liked it, I still do to this day, Little Strongheart was a cute character.
Latecomer

@Myoozik  
Yes, and few of them are considered good episodes.

@Background Pony #DE6D  
I don’t know about that, but it does gain some extra layers when watched after seeing the later seasons (not that I have). It’s almost a deconstruction in advance of the map episodes.
Background Pony #3B85
Tirek’s basically the third wheel of the villain trio. Would anyone really care or want him redeemed if he wasn’t with Cozy and Chrysalis? Probably not.
Background Pony #3B85
If I remember right, he was the only one who actually tried to keep the group together; Cozy immediately tried to backstab them when she got Discord’s magic and Chrysalis was off her rocker, thinking it was a great idea to let the Wendigos roam free so they could win the ponies trust by saving them, which I still stand by they wouldn’t have been able to stop them anyway.
Background Pony #3312
Tirek was the pragmatic one, Cozy was the emotional manipulator, and I’d say Chrysalis was the most ambitious one. She was the one with the plans and the drive, but she needed to be tempered by the other two.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

By the way, last month I finished playing Uncharted 4 after playing the trilogy last year. It’s a pretty good game. The reason I mention this is because, without going to spoilers, Nathan does some questionable and terrible things and everyone is like “nah, no worries”, which kinda reminded me of Starlight Glimmer in the show.

Dunkey said this about Uncharted 4. “I’m not against happy endings, but you have to earn that shit. You can’t have your main guy being a complete dickhead to everyone who loves him and then yay, everything worked out! What kind of message is that?”

The more I think of it, the more I believe that these narrative flaws happen because people love the main character at whatever cost. And the more people like this type of character, the more socially accepted it will be. It’s a mathematical question. It’s less about people who have shaky moral standards (something I said a couple of months ago) and more about loving a character just because that’s what everyone does.

There are also other external influences that reinforce this. Television, movies, the music radio, news, books, music videos, videogames, Internet, groups of friends, culture, society, etc.

Just something different I wanted to say.
Background Pony #9F64
@Ring Team  
Mate, it’s ok not to understand why some might get more enjoyment out of a character than you. Big whoop. What kind of story has a character who doesn’t have any need to learn anything because nothing indicates a character flaw to overcome? A waste of time.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Ring Team  
I wouldn’t go so far as to say Starlight is a dick but I get the general idea of the statement. I couldn’t speak for every fan of the character but I think a big part of her appeal is her awareness of her flaws. She knows she has them. She knows she needs to work on them. She screws up and falls back into old habits. She wants to fit in with the other characters but at the end of the day, she really doesn’t. It’s kind of an inverse Rainbow Dash: Dash wants to stand out and receive positive attention. Starlight wants to blend in and avoid negative attention. The relatability of those personalities may have an effect on how some fans perceive those characters. It’s just a thought anyway.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide