Unpopular opinion time

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Latecomer  
If they didn’t give her a purpose other than to be a plot device and show that Shining Armor and Cadence were still a couple, then there was no point in creating her in the first place. I’ll admit that I’m very biased on this since I personally dislike the trope of a couple having a baby, I find it cliche and more often than not unrealistic with how they write it. My only wish is that they had her mature and have both parents actually teach Flurry to be a Princess, that would’ve been great and created some sort of parallel with Twilight.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Hali the Emoji girl  
I used to hang out with some guys who love anime, and one of the shows they love was Kill la Kill. While I was watching the episodes, I didn’t get the hype and I didn’t think it was very coherent. The only responses I got were “keep watching, don’t question it” and the classic “you don’t get it”. And they got heated just because I didn’t like it as much as they did.

After watching 19 episodes and trying to hang out with a very weird hostile moderator who always insulted me (in a position where, if I insulted, I got quickly banned) or talked to me in a condescending way, I understood that anime wasn’t for me anymore. I love Cowboy Bebop and almost all the Ghibli films, but, with the exception of some very nice and calm Ghibli fans I met, anime has a very antagonistic community.

It’s a pity, because I used to love anime.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

I recently watched Yakity-Sax, Road to Friendship and The Washouts.

The bad news is that the first two episodes were not very good. They’re boring, annoying and repetitive.

The good news is that The Washouts is a very decent episode. I usually don’t like returns of previous characters, but I like Lightning Dust here, because her previous actions from season 3 that got her out of the Wonderbolts academy led her to make her own version of the Wonderbolts with a couple of pegasus. I think it was very interesting.

It’s also interesting how Scootaloo was written in this episode. Not only the episode touches a little bit the topic of being a new fan of a different thing, but it also shows the danger of some teams and sports and how kids are attracted to that kind of danger. When I was a kid I was interested in fatal car accident shows (there was one that I couldn’t watch as often as I wanted), but now the television has shows dedicated to extreme sports with big sponsors that could be amazing for an impressionable kid. Showing what would happen if a kid really wanted to practise these sports was a nice idea.

The only problem I had with that episode is that I wish some other characters expressed some concern on Scootaloo’s safety. There’s a scene where Twilight tells her “Are you sure this is what you wanna do?”. And I wish that Twilight, while seeing her on stage, would say “I hope she’s ok” instead of clapping. That would make the situation more concerning. I also like that Lightning Dust is still an antagonist defined by her actions instead of some random shenanigan that was in the script like other characters in the season 7 or 8.

But, yeah, I didn’t expect it to like it. Pretty cool. And 6 more episodes to finish the season 8!
Latecomer

@Ring Team  
Glad you liked it - it’s one of my more preffered Season eps. The only thing missing is a shot of LD at the end serving as a living example of Spitfire’s warning.
Spinny
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Myoozik

Glimmerbuse version. ;P

Defenestration is a wonderful thing. In cartoons, anyway.

@Ring Team

Eh. I liked Road to Friendship mostly but wasn’t a fan of The Washouts. Scoots was terrible in that ep, with her willingly putting herself in danger just to spite Dash.

Lightning Dust’s death was deserved, though.
Ring Team
Artist -

By the way, side note: If a character like Trixie does nothing other than repeating every single time “the great and powerful X”, that is usually a big sign that the character is unnecessary for a movie, short, book, comic or TV show. And Trixie is unnecessary.

The same thing can apply to Pinkie, but with her constant screams.

But at least the season 8, even though it’s boring, it’s harmless. Considering that many people really disliked that season, I expected something worse than the redesign of the changelings or Starlight being a psychopath. The least good episode I’ve watched thus far is The mean 6. It was bad, but it was harmless.

Besides, some episodes from season 8 have very cool concept ideas for episodes. It’s just that the execution is either convenient, predictable or misleading.
Background Pony #E406
Unpopular opinion:  
the more I think about it the more I realize I don’t really like Luna. I don’t dislike her per se, she just doesn’t command the same love from me other characters. Out of the 5 alicorns in the show, she ranks 4th for me just ahead of Flurry. The only reason Cadenza beats her is because, though she came off as a ponified, overly perfect barbie doll insert and she did have her moments that left me thinking she was dumb as heck (her appearance in Princess Spike), she also had a lot of good moments and seeing her and Twilight was usually adorable.

The fanon stuff like woona, gamer luna, children of the night, complete party animal/frequent orgy haver Luna, super warrior princess Luna, etc was all nice but I could never quite connect all that stuff to the Luna I saw on tv. The Luna I saw was either dream walker luna, which was nice, pity party/socially awkward luna, which I hated, and Celestia’s tag along which confused me. They tried to humanize(or ponyize or whatever) the princesses in the last seasons beyond their stoic princess personalities, which was fun but as much as I enjoyed seeing more of her character, I ended up liking humanized Celestia even more for some reason and she just sort of stole the show for me.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Ring Team  
This brings me the reminder that Trixie did absolutely nothing in in the Nightmare Knights storyline in the IDW comics. She spends most of the time fighting an alternate universe Twilight, distracted from the mission, and all she did was creating a fake mind-control collar from an unexpected free Daybreaker.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Brass Beau  
If I can remember correctly, the one that made a huge scene and “drew attention” was Tempest Shadow. In fact, Trixie was about to do something, but got distracted yet again. Luna was searching for an unicorn that could cast illusions, and somehow, Trixie was the one that came in her mind first.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide