Unpopular opinion time

Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Background Pony #1847  
The rainboom hasn’t been used on anyone, far as I can recall, so best bet is that it would deafen, disorient and knock over the trio, much like if an object of similar size to Rainbow moved above Mach 1.
Hali the Emoji girl
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Goth Cinnamon Roll
@Myoozik

Yes but the pillars are the legendary heroes of equestria and have much more story potential than the student six and the series was getting close to it’s end. So adding new characters that need fleshing out also at the end of it kinda undermines that not to say that if the show had an extra season that they couldn’t have episodes about the pillars and the student six in it tho.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lightning Dust was a boring character.

She did seem kind of one-note, now that I think about it. When she is first introduced in “The Washouts”, she says that getting kicked out of the Wonderbolts was a blessing in disguise, that she was now free to do what she loves without their rules holding her back. It seems like there would be more interesting directions to go with that than petty rivalry.

The rainboom hasn’t been used on anyone, far as I can recall, so best bet is that it would deafen, disorient and knock over the trio, much like if an object of similar size to Rainbow moved above Mach 1.

Rainbow did use a Sonic Rainboom to knock down a barn, so one would think it would have some use in combat.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
Honestly, let’s not pretend the existence of the pillars themselves aren’t based heavily on retcons. For most of the show, only Starswirl was the most relevant of them to the point where the others weren’t mentioned at all. And ironically enough, the first time he was ever mentioned back in Luna Eclipsed, he fell under “obscure unicorn history.” Implying that he wasn’t anyone particularly important or notable. But as it later turned out, Starswirl was clearly the most important and most accomplished unicorn of his age. Literally nothing obscure about him.

And of course, who could forget “Mage” Meadowbrook… the freaking earth pony? The one Twilight described as an “Eastern unicorn” back in The Cutie Map.

Just saying, the sudden introduction of the pillars was pretty out-of-nowhere for the most part.
Latecomer

@WyrmSpawN  
Sorry, didn’t mean too. I guess I meant that with the show ending, a forward-looking story was better? And young characters might be more relatable to the target audience.

@Spinny  
Yeah, quite a hurried thing. But on the other hand, aside from what you mentioned there was nothing to say they didn’t exist either, and the Tree’s origins were a blank slate.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Hali the Emoji girl  
No, I see both as having more story potential. The Pillars on their adventures before they got sent to limbo and them trying to readjust to regular society and the Students for their trials and tribulations of being together as different species and all that. Not to mention the idea that I presented of having both groups interact with one another. A Rockhoof And A Hard Place looked like it was gonna be the start of this, and frankly I wanted more episodes like that cause I could easily see the Students getting along with the Pillars like how Yona was with Rockhoof.

Oh well, nothing you can do now except for write fanfiction and fanart now.

@WyrmSpawN  
Considering this thread and the opinions shown, what he said was pretty tame.
Background Pony #1847
I think a episode where the Mane-iac ends up in Equestria would be hilarious. Especially if she meets Chrysalis.
Latecomer

Yeah - if any suffered in their second appearance, I’d say Iron Will did. (And maybe the FlimFlam Bros, but I’d say that’s down to bad writing on tbeir debut ep.)
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I personally believe that whatever the writers were gonna do with Lightning Dust after they brought her back, reform her or continue having her be an antagonist, heads would’ve stilled rolled on whichever one they chose.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide