Unpopular opinion time

Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Myoozik  
The, let’s say “controversial” reception EqG got is why I think they were hesitant to make more spin-offs. Plus, they’d only make a spin-off if they thought it would sell toys and I don’t think the other races would sell quite as well as the pony toys. I could be wrong, but Hasbro is a toy company first and foremost so that’s where their bottom line is.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I’d happily watch a student six spinoff, even as someone who absolutely despises EqG to an unhealthy obsessive degree. At least they’re not humans
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Spinny  
They really didn’t know, or at least want to say, anything about changeling culture. Most we got was the Pharynx episode and the student six talking about their holiday plans. I think we might know more about yaks and hippogriffs than changelings.
Algebroot Neogears
Artist -
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
G3.5 ended far too quickly. It consisted only of one movie (Twinkle Wish Adventure) and three 3-minute shorts (Waiting for the Winter Wishes Festival, Pinkie Pie’s Ferris Wheel Adventure, and Sweetie Belle’s Gumball House Surprise).
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Brass Beau  
I mean I know that a spinoff of them would’ve been very unlikely even if EQG would’ve been far better received and like you said, toy based purposes, but if there was such a possibility in an alternate universe, I would’ve been all up for it.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
We got annoyingly few specials for FiM; I can’t believe it took until between S8 and 9 to get a full-length special (not counting the movie ofc)

Then we got Rainbow Roadtrip half a season later and it’s like, y’all coulda been doing this all along but waited til the last season to start
Algebroot Neogears
Artist -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Sci-fi & Dragons
@EquusStorm  
Never actually noticed that. Of course, it may be because Equestria Girls kind of made it look like there was more.

There is also the fact that there were also interseason shorts between seasons 8 and 9; which is the only time shorts happened for the main series.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Yep, only toward the end. I wish we’d gotten shorts and specials to the degree that EqG got, but guess it does little good to wish for more now.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
The Best Gift Ever was well received as far as I know (save for the very unfair Marble scene) but Rainbow Roadtrip I’ve heard mixed reviews, I like them both but I do wonder what the quality of any potential specials for FiM woulda been like
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
That sounds about on par with the general consensus. Rainbow Roadtrip I liked a few of the individual characters (Kerfuffle is a precious) more the story and I liked seeing that animation style again before G4 ended. A lot of problems in the late seasons honestly I blame on the revolving door of new writers.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Yeah not ALL the problems are due to writers alone but it’s definitely a part of it.

I had memorized the writing staff and familiarized myself with their styles in S1-4 or so; not choosing to commission the same writers in later seasons led to us getting repeated ideas and episodes that felt out of character with the writers not knowing the characters well. Case in point, that one awful AJ/RD competition episode that was a vastly inferior clone of Fall Weather Friends. Also writers who jumped on and weren’t there in the begining; there’s something special about writing staff that had always been there.

However the latter seasons gave us Berrow and Lewis/Songco who helped balance out some of the awful writing a little.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
I blame the show’s decline more on poor leadership than the writers. A lot of them didn’t do their research, sure, but under the right people they were still able to make some decent episodes

||And yes this is just another way for me to call Josh Haber a hack again ||
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
Even in the final season, we got a new writer who I thought was pretty good. The one who wrote Starlight’s last episode, A Horse Shoe-in.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide