Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I do feel really bad for the student six not really getting time to shine crammed into a busy final two seasons. Ocellus is my fave of them and it is indeed criminal she didn’t get much of a chance to do anything. Same for the pillars; too much going on to give everyone screen time.

Ditto on the not being a Chrysalis fan at all tho. Was extraordinarily epic in the S2 finale (and in the s6 finale more or less) but eventually wore out her welcome reappearing again and again after that.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I do feel really bad for the student six not really getting time to shine crammed into a busy final two seasons. Ocellus is my fave of them and it is indeed criminal she didn’t get much of a chance to do anything. Same for the pillars; too much going on to give everyone screen time.

Agreed. Let’s hope the comic at least lasts long enough to remedy that.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Using tag count as a gauge for popularity, it’s interesting to see which student six character has the most appeal. I’m both surprised and not surprised.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Myoozik

You can say that again.

She could’ve been used as a part of a means to explore changeling magic (dunno why she never seemed to use telekinesis, if she simply hadn’t learned to do so by that point, or something else), or some such. It was kind of just a throwaway plot point that changelings had at least one notable magical artifact in their history.

Her character seemed likable enough, that aside.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
One could say ALL the student six got shafted, but in all honesty, Smolder got plenty of screen time in multiple episodes, Silverstream kinda had the cockatrice episode, and Yona got at least one nearly full episode (with Sandbar included) - and as one could say the holidays episode was focused on Gallus, Ocellus is really the only one that got COMPLETELY shafted as far as I remember which is extremely depressing. Was a big fan of Ocellus and looked forward to seeing what she got to do in the show and uh… essentially shoved out of the spotlight from introduction to finale. Really sad.
Twiface
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Kirinposting
@TheFinite  
@EquusStorm

I wanted to like Ocellus, but the show never really did anything with her. Sandbar got so little love that he’s virtually nonexistent. Meanwhile, I had kind of dismissed Gallus, Yona, and Smolder at first but grew to like them since they actually got episodes.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
@Twiface  
Yeah therein lies the problem, they really did almost nothing with her at all. There was a good bit of potential there but the screentime the students got became heavily weighted against Ocellus, and if we count the prom/whatever episode as mostly a Yona episode then Sandbar too. Easier to like characters that actually got on-screen development lol
Background Pony #511B
The student six got so little development, I don’t have enough emotional investment to actually care they didn’t get enough screentime.

I like most of them (though certainly gallus isn’t my favorite character), but I can’t help but compare them with and see them as an inferior version of the Mane 6. As is the case with a number of the characters introduced in the last few seasons, I just didn’t connect with them the same level as I did those introduced earlier in the show. I’m guessing the magic of the series wore off on me post S7.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide