Unpopular opinion time

Sadrai

@DarkObsidian  
Okay that makes sense

@Myoozik  
True it isn’t fair and Dinky doesn’t have any character at all in canon all but I have seen people who use fanon an tried to say certain background characters have more personality or are more useful than canon characters which makes no sense since using fanon should not count!
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Myoozik
True it isn’t fair and Dinky doesn’t have any character at all in canon all but I have seen people who use fanon an tried to say certain background characters have more personality or are more useful than canon characters which makes no sense since using fanon should not count!

side-eyes Lyra/Bonbon/Derpy/Time Turner/Vinyl Scratch/Octavia before Slice Of Life (and even after it tbh)
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
Seeing the “unicorn Twilight” era of the show gives me nostalgia. Especially back in the simpler times when we only knew little about the world beyond Ponyville, Canterlot, and Cloudsdale.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
I prefer princess Twilight over unicorn Twilight. Not that there’s any difference between the two besides the physical.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Sadrai

It’s kind of a savant thing the way I see it, in regards to him; being good at something because it’s just a second nature thing to him, he doesn’t let performance anxiety get to him, and we know emotions affect magic.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@AC97  
Given that emotions have an effect on magic, is it a matter of focus or intent? And if magic can be performed without focus, like Snails suggests, is it possible, given most unicorns only know spells to assist in their given specialty, that focus would be necessary when a spell is outside that unicorns wheelhouse? It seems likely, to me, that focus, intent, knowledge and understanding of a spell is required in various amounts depending on what is being done by whom.
Sadrai

@LightningBolt  
Exactly what I mean I remember Besides the 100 episode and fanon those 6 barely have that much importance to the show and don’t really have much personality but some people think they do because of fanon.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

It seems likely, to me, that focus, intent, knowledge and understanding of a spell is required in various amounts depending on what is being done by whom.

That’s a good thought I feel.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I dislike portraying Rarity as far right wing shill for the nobility. I actually prefer to think of Rarity as a champion of the working pony. I don’t know about the Lunar Republic but I would be much more interested in being for the Republic not the Solar Empire.

Basically when it comes to poliical alignment, I think Rarity could be the most liberal of all her Mane 6 friends. (Although perhaps in an authoritarian way). I think it fits with her element of generosity and it’s far more interesting this way.
Latecomer

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Neither Rarity or Luna make much sense for that without AU, to be honest. While Rarity does profess a belief in the beauty of all, her attraction has always been to the glamorous and powerful while feeling alienated fron the ordinary and common. Politically I’d place her as something of a centrist, with a strong beleif in private philanthropy and trickle-down economics.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Latecomer  
That’s a good point. At the very least, I definitely don’t think Luna, Rarity or any other main characters are ultra far right fascists.

Although, we do have remember she still understands how ponies are. She might like the glamor but she isn’t out of touch with normal ponies. She might enjoy high society but honestly you could argue she doesn’t care about the politics of the nobles. She might even choose to use her influence to enact greater good eventually like more welfare. Remember there are many Hollywood actors that go for more left leaning causes. So I guess it can still go either way and there’s also the fact that people’s views can change over time.
Latecomer

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Oh, of course - not without substantial AUing. (Well, perhaps Nightmare Moon..)

And there’s also the question of how Equestrian politics is set up anyway - could be that what we call left is their default. But obviously I think Rarity beleives in noblesse oblige and so on - she just has a somewhat idealised view at first that she grows out of a bit over time.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Myoozik  
The only difference besides the wings is that of maturity (which is questionable some of the time). Her insecurities can make for a good story but as the de facto leader of the group her role is to guide the others through a conflict. Dealing with her insecurities and featuring the others in plot significant roles means that she is the conflict and the others have to resolve it. At least, I feel, in a solidly crafted story. If she’s the cause and resolution to a conflict then what’s the point of the others being there? But that’s just my view on plot structure and character dynamics.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Myoozik  
Well, if her friends are doing that then they’re the ones resolving it. Which is good. Showing how they adapt with Twilight being absent (or functionally absent, at least) allows other characters and the different aspects of their personality shine. Focusing mostly if not solely on Twilight during such a story would be wasteful. Watching the others notice the problem, formulating a plan of action and resolving it would be, in my opinion, more interesting to watch. This is all hypothetical and more an analysis on how I view an ensemble narrative should be handled, but I digress. I like the development she got and enjoy her in a guiding role more than as a passive student.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide