Unpopular opinion time

Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Sadrai  
Many friends. I forgot the “m”. He sings, collects sports cards and plays O&O. Most of that is with Spike. And since Spike is busy in Canterlot and Discord is busy with Fluttershy, that’s two hobbies down.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Ebalosus
Why was Derpy gate such a big deal I mean I like Derpy but she isn’t an important character really she is a popular one in fanon in the actual show she never did much so why was it some big problem?
To expand on what WyrmSpawN said: before The Last Roundup, the closest we got to fanon was only winks and nods. During the aforementioned episode however, not only was the fan name outright said by a main character in the show, but Derpy herself spoke and interacted with Rainbow Dash. That understandably blew our fucking minds back when it aired.

Then some Karen took umbrage with her portrayal, labelling it “ableist” and complaining online about it. This not only caused Hasbro to pull the iTunes release and re-edit it, but also for Amy Keating Rogers to write a letter to Equestria Daily explaining the change and why it happened.

This is what WyrmSpawN meant by having “a victory and recognition yanked out from beneath the fanbase.” It’s also why one of the reasons why I’m not particularly warm towards season 2 either.

@Myoozik

At the time MMMystery on the Friendship Express aired, I was thoroughly beaten down by season 2. The episode came across as especially derivative at a time when I really thought they were scraping the bottom of the barrel for story ideas, and as such didn’t really connect with it. Also not helping matters was the trepidation me and an awful lot of others felt towards the then up-and-coming season 2 final, and whether it spelt the death knell of FiM.

After A Canterlot Wedding turned out pretty good, and we had moved on to season 3 and beyond, I maintained that MMMystery on the Friendship Express was just another sub-par episode in a sub-par season filled with them, and didn’t think about it much.

Upon rewatching it however, although it’s still derivative, I found it a lot more enjoyable to watch as they did put effort into making the mystery self-consistent. You can go back and see all the clues left by the likes of Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Rarity before Twilight discovers them; which at the time I wasn’t really paying attention to.

At the time I put the episode in the skip it category, while these days I put it in the good category.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
Shining Armour and Cadence’s overall introduction was handled poorly imo

People just forgived it because the Chrysalis twist saved ACW from being a complete mess
Latecomer

@Ebalosus  
Mmmystery is kind of the opposite to me - it works better on a first time viewing, cause the ending is the weakest part.

@Don’t  
The problem is they’re too generically nice - which does work better in the aired story, because it contrast’s Crysalis’ behaviour. But developing them beyond that was slow.

(Plus the whole “brother/alicorn from nowhere”thing.)
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
To be honest that Comic that made Shining a nerd as a teen came off as too tryhard and pandering since Shining in the show is basically a Dudebro Jock, he’s just a nice one like Fred from scooby doo.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Don’t  
I think that’s more an aspect of his role than any characterization. His introduction involves getting married, while working to stifle an invasion. When he isn’t being a guard he’s been shown to be very passionate about his hobbies and family. And considering how popular D&D is in the military (not to mention the bronies that serve) it’s not that unusual or contradictory. But that’s just how I read him.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Ebalosus  
Derivative I can see. It’s just another Mystery On The Orient Express homage that I’ve seen done before and better, but I think it can stand on its own with the comedy, and a bright spot for Pinkie since the season wasn’t too kind to her if I can recall.

About Season 2 as a whole, I don’t think it’s aged all too well and the episodes are all hit or miss to me. Season 1 has the distinction for being a lot simpler with more slice of life stories and the nostalgia value, Season 3 has the value of having more interesting episodes for better or worse and that finale which was supposed to cap off the series originally. Season 2 was just caught in the middle of the fandom’s golden years and was plagued with drama and unrest alongside the show itself trying to move on after Faust’s departure and a radical shift in tone. It was just flip flop after flip flop of episodes that I find a bit hard to get back to.

@Sadrai  
Same, I didn’t care that some characters were left off since it was too small to fit in more characters.
Algebroot Neogears
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
Once in a while, I see people saying unicorns are the best. But I say unicorns aren’t as powerful as they seem.

From what I remember, they seem to at most cast two magic spells at a time, and the magic spells they can use each have their limits.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
Unicorns developed telekinesis and other spells because they lack any specialization to benefit the community. Unicorn magic is as powerful and as versatile as it is to allow them to compensate for the other two races. Then again, from another perspective, earth ponies care for the earth, pegasi for the sky and unicorns care for everything else. It could go either way depending on one’s view.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Sadrai  
I don’t know if that’s a fair comparison given that the former have had more episodes and have more of a personality while the latter like you said appears in the background and doesn’t have much character to begin with.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide