Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #7CFD
@Beau Skunky  
Still far less drama then what the trio’s fate got.

I never once said that Starlight or Discord didn’t deserve redemption and I feel like many other fans who wanted the trio to reform are like this. When you look at fanfics and pictures about them reforming it often involves Starlight actually helping them. Many are angry at Discord because of the way he acts after his supposed reformation and how he egged the trio on to work together to attack Equestria and how after all this he gets to choose their fate.

I’d say they could have gotten a far better reformation then Starlight got considering how much Frenemies and their scenes in Beginning of the End endeared them to so many and considering their previous roles as villains. It was more then Discord got at the very least.

There was still Discord’s “together forever” line and the fact that again, it came off as hipocritical of him to choose their fate like that.

@Spinny  
Honestly considering the conditions in Tartarus I’d say that putting any living being in their is messed up. Can you imagine being stuck in an empty metal cage for so long?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #7CFD  
Never said you did, I said other fans did though, sorry.  
Though, I still disagree there’d be “less drama.”

I dunno, while they’re appealing, they rarely showed any redeeming factors, (less then Discord IMO) and enjoyed being bad. (Even sung a song about that.)  
And a villain doesn’t have to reform in order to be an appealing character, or as some kinda epic arc. Some villains are better off staying villains. So it’s understandable why some prefer them not reforming, as much as it’s understandable why some do.

Though, I was actually against Discord reforming at first, but I started to enjoy it, because in his case, he was more interesting as a semi-recurring, comical, “not always reliable” ally for the Manes.  
For the Trio however it wouldn’t of effected the series either way, as it was the end. Sure it’d make some fans happy, but as I said, those whom prefer the trio as villains would be mad instead. I know that it may seem like there’s not many of those, now, but that’s because they’re not as outspoken, because they’re not as bothered by the finale, or don’t want to argue about it.

@Spinny  
She didn’t seem too upset about it oddly.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Well, we’ve talked in circles about this for a while and in some cases we’ll have to agree to disagree but I think it’s fair to say the ending was controversial. Think I saw a “conspiracy theory” somewhere that The Last Problem was faked, so, yeah. Doesn’t look like everyone liked it. Then again  
full
Latecomer

@Beau Skunky  
I think it can kind of have the opposite effect, though - if after 5 seasons of reformation he can still get it this wrong, then how can we ever trust him with that sort of power?

(And I didn’t want the Trio reformed, but what we got really felt like “be careful what you wish for”.)
Background Pony #7CFD
@Beau Skunky  
I’d say that Frenemies moment, the fact that they learned to work together like that and the fact that Chrysalis almost took Starlight’s hoof is still far more then what Discord showed.

Some villains don’t need to be reformed, but I find that the trio, personality wise and based off their episode would have been a lot more interesting had they been reformed even if we would have only seen the results for a short time. Especially considering the lack of attempts Twilight and co. made to help them.

I aggree with Discord. At first, I found him fun and funny but his actions in the finale ruined that for me and made him out to be a villain that got away with it.

Again, those that dislike it can say that the trio suffered a terrible fate. Those that would dislike it would still have the happy ending they would want thus could more easily ignore them. I don’t think the backlash would be the same.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I feel that some of the point of StarTrix episodes isn’t so that the two of them necessarily bring out the best in them, but instead so the worst of them is brought up, so they can confront it.

@Brass Beau

I think you might be overestimating the value that Thorax would put on the prospect of trying to reform Chrysalis, for all of his kindness. The Changelings got by without her leadership, and he didn’t seem to be that torn up about her not reforming (I think Starlight had more of a reaction than he did). It’s not like he ever mentioned wanting to find her so they could have a word with her, or regret that it’d be hard to do, or anything along those lines, to my memory.

You might think it’d realistically be a given that he would, but I’m not sure it would be.

…I dunno, you be the judge.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Brass Beau  
I’ve seen those “conspiracy theories” floating around, and I think it’s better to just outright say that they didn’t like as opposed to coming up with something like that to highlight its poor quality.

@AC97  
I’s also realistic where two friends who are close can still be different and clash with one another but what matters is that both can at least understand each other and at least try to work out these differences.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@AC97  
I’d imagine it’d be similar to the episode with Pharynx. And even if he didn’t want her back or she didn’t decide to reform, I think it’d bring some nice closure for him and the audience. Hell, some people thought that very idea was gonna be the season seven finale.  
And we could have gotten something similar if you brought in Scorpan for Tirek. Don’t know what to do about Cozy Glow. She was a weird character. I do enjoy the “Cozy gets unstoned and becomes friends with an older Flurry Heart” idea, though.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Spinny  
Didn’t say it was.

And in fairness, they couldn’t just let her run around free, as her attempt at trapping the Mane 6, getting rid of all the magic, and stuff was pretty bad too. She may not have any powers like the other villains, but she’s very deceitful, clever, and as the finale shows, if obtaining power, she could be quite dangerous.

Still, I admit I have mixed feelings on her punishment/s too, and I am a Cozy fan too. (So I don’t wanna hear, “You h8 her!” from anybody…) Though, unlike most Cozy fans, I can accept she’s a villain, and not make-believe she’s a “poor innocent filly whom did nothing wrong.”  
Should send her to Pony Juvenile Hall maybe instead.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Background Pony #7CFD  
A common problem (especially in EqG) was that there’s been very little acknowledgment of remorse and consequence for previous actions. I think the only good redemption arc we had was Sunset. Glimmer’s is too hotly debated (for some reason) for me to make the same claim about her. We had signs of that being possible with Discord but not much else.  
“I’m sorry. Let’s be friends!” And we might see a story involving that character again. Not to mention you’d need a bare minimum of two episodes per villain to make those stories impactful in any meaningful way.
Background Pony #7CFD
@Brass Beau  
Still, Frenemies and seeing those three slowly work together was still far more then what pre-reformation Discord and Starlight got. It just seems unfair that no attempt was made with them.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #7CFD  
They were still villainous in “Frenemies” though, so they didn’t show solely “good traits,” and it was setting up their plans for the finale.  
After that, their next episode appearance they started turning ponies against each other, and such, and characters spreading “racism,” and such isn’t exactly a potential for “setting up a reformation,” nor showing they have “good” in them.  
(And sadly, some people use things like that to use people to their advantage, or divide people IRL, as well. So it’s not quite as “far-fetched” as some fans think.)

Is it unfair Link & Zelda never reform Ganon? Is it unfair that Batman never reforms Joker? How long are we going to go over this, and keep saying the same things? I feel none of us are going anywhere in this discussion, and frankly nothing we say is going to change what happened in the show.

So honestly I don’t know what else to say on the subject.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Beau Skunky  
I’ve said it twice, already. Also, Batman may not be the best example in that regard.  
Anyway, yeah, what happened happened. Nothing is gonna change that. Personally, I thought “the power of friendship used against the mane 6” was where that plot was gonna go but it wasn’t. I think the potential of what could have happened hasn’t been fully explored, but that’s probably best left to another forum.

So, any other unpopular opinions?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide