Unpopular opinion time

Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@Angrybrony

Well, not onscreen, but the Storm King doesn’t exactly look like the type of guy who would keep the day-night cycle running smoothly. And you know what happens then.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Angrybrony

How is Tempest that much morally better in her villainy than Starlight, in regards to underlying motivations?

In the end, they’re both still hurt and bitter children that didn’t grow up, in their own ways, even if they both put up a front to the contrary, when you look at their backstories (or Tempest’s comic story afterwards), and neither of them were pleasant individuals whatsoever.

It’s canon that Tempest’s view of “my friends ostracized me” was her distorted view of events, in much the same way Sunburst never responding to Starlight possibly had the innocuous reason of “Stellar Flare conditioned him to stop reading letters from ‘Sire’s Hollow.’”
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I don’t really care for any of the MLP villains. I thought Chrysalis was cute,and at first she was fascinating,but in the last two seasons she was just a bland villain. The type of character I expect to see in a Disney Power Rangers episode.  
Sombra had an awesome backstory in the Fiendship is Magic comic,but in the show I found him dull.  
I guess Flim and Flam,the Sirens and…I dunno Diamond and Silver are villains I like. Do Diamond and Silver even count as villains? Same with Gilda. She was a jerk,but I wouldn’t call her Villain.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
I always found it funny how the biggest complaint about sombra back in season 3 was that he had no personality.

Then he finally gets a personality and he gets dunked on again. I liked his personality. Kind of like Starscream if he was actually competent and threatening.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@AC97  
tempest’s crimes are just fucking a a single time line and she’s clearly suffering from ptsd from being crippled.

glimmer is just a fucking brate that didn’t get her way and fucked half adazon timelines and the lives there in.
Background Pony #850D
@Angrybrony  
The timelines and the lives therein are nothing but hypotheticals now that the genesis for their creation was made never to pass.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Honestly, going off of anything canon, taking it at face value, I think Sunset was maybe more petty as a villain regarding her catalyst than both Starlight and Tempest combined. She was Celestia’s student, a pretty damn good one at that, no backstory for how she lost anything, however it influenced her path… and she just lost it when Celestia went “hmm, nah, you’re not ready” (not “it’ll never happen”), and she just got off on being a petty bully before and during the first EQG movie.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@Background Pony #850D  
People seem to headcanon that branching timelines must exist in the world of MLP just so they can make it sound like all those bad timelines are still happening somewhere.

The metaphor we get from Zecora, who the episode treats as the closest thing to an authority on the matter, describes time as a river that can branch out if something disrupts it, but also implies that those branches will stop existing if there’s no water (time) to feed them.

As a massive Starlight fan, there are plenty of legit things to rag on Starlight for. The timelines thing I never got.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@AC97  
A Petty villain with petty crimes compared to the other two with the excuse of being mentally messed up by magic when she did her worst stuff and suffered rejection and pariah status for it all. Plus, if you didn’t like her, you could ignore her series.

Hell, after seeing how Successful Sunsets redemption was, no wonder Twilght jumped at the chance to forgive starlight and Tempest.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
You know who the worst villain was? Fim Grogar.  
-but he was|| Actually Discord||.  
Yeah. He didn’t even exist.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@gingerninja666

It also doesn’t help that aside from the timelines quite possibly no longer existing, Starlight didn’t know anything about it until the end, because she literally couldn’t understand how six different ponies being friends could be that important, since that detail was pivotal to the resolution, seeing as it caused her to flip out.

Zecora: [hushed] Race to the map while we hold off their attack. Stop Starlight and put the whole world back on track!

The episode was treating it as if it would cease to matter as soon as time was changed again, as you said. Not “help us possibly beat Chrysalis so our world isn’t forsaken when you leave.”

Twilight Sparkle: In my world, my friends and I found the Elements and used them to defeat you! And I will do everything in my power to bring that world back!

…which it seems Twilight believed that, too, going by what she said to Nightmare Moon later, because if she was thinking along the lines a lot of people do, then the world she came from would still exist, no need to “bring it back,” and there’s also the question of why that map table would still exist in the alternate presents, if it were being treated as multiversal.

Starlight didn’t really try begging for leniency after that, either.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@AC97  
She didn’t ask for leniency because she knew what she did was Heinous and unforgivable and that her actions had proven her an abusive, cruel selfish idiot. Luckily for her, Twilight is the dumbest smart person on the planet and was on a redemption kick.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@AC97  
Like I said, Twilight became way more eager to hand out redemption passes after her experience in Rainbow rocks where she started out wary and untrusting of Sunset. After Rainbow Rocks, She practically fell over herself trying to repeat that success with Starlight.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music Connoisseur
@Terminal Red  
Same, I was happy that mah boy Sombra got lines and some character, but it still personally won’t take away his Season 3 appearance with his master plan

@Background Pony #850D  
Discord makes Starlight look like a Filly Scout with his behavior in his later appearances
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #850D  
It kinda makes me a li’l sad that a once beloved character like Discord is getting so much hate lately.

In fact, honestly the fact he’s sometimes still a troll, unpredictable, cryptic, and an unreliable ally therefore retaining some of his original traits is actually why I kinda prefer him over other reformed villains. Some like Sunset Shimmer (not hating) are basically a whole different character after they were reformed. Sure she has a “temper,” as her a flaw now, and hint of her past self, but looking back she wasn’t even that hot-tempered as a villain. (In fact, villain Sunset was actually kinda chill, & smug, “You must be new here.”) So even that trait feels new.  
(And he at least did it kinda by choice, instead of getting brainwashed into being good by a magic deus-ex rainbow. Now I’m not against her reforming, but it kinda came off like that’s how she was reformed, even if that wasn’t intended.)

I guess if Discord was a saint, he just wouldn’t be Discord anymore, but there are moments he has shown a kinder and vulnerable side, like that episode where he worried about letting Fluttershy visit his home dimension.

@Dex Stewart  
I honestly didn’t mind that, because honestly even if Groger ||was real || he would’ve just been another cliché doomsday villain coming out of nowhere, or just the “Thanos of MLP,” but with less charisma/backstory.  
Only appealing thing about Groger was his cool voice, and being a G1 nod. It’s obvious why they went with the villainous trio instead for the finale, because fans liked them better. (Some too much. judging by the amount wanting them reformed.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide