Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #B6EF
I actually slightly laugh at the “Chrysalis can be redeemed” crowd. Just how ridiculous it is to focus on exactly one character and not considering the people she’s affecting.
Vinylshadow
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Megalomaniacal toaster
@Anonycat  
All of Starlight’s victims were retconned out of existence because Time Travel, thereby absolving her of any crime beyond what happened in Our Town
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@Vivace  
That and being a totalitarian dictator, there’s never been any indication they actually gave up the philosophy that drew them to Our Town. Which means not only do communists exist in Equestria, they are freely choosing to continue their communist society when given the choice.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@Mildgyth  
That’s a very valid headcanon, but I maintain that DHX used a lot of communist imagery and phrasing for a reason. They were definitely trying to make Starlight a strawman (strawmare?) communist, which I’m still sad about. Why bother with that when the real criticism is aimed at authoritarianism instead of any of the many valid criticisms of communism?
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Anonycat  
She also started to fall apart when she realized what impact she was causing, step down when she accepted that there was a way that didn’t lead to destruction that required her to swallow her anger, and was willing to learn and improve. When Chrysalis was given the same chance, she whacked Starlight’s hoof and ran off.\

@GenericArchangel  
It was more of a cult than actual communism, from what I’ve heard.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@Meanlucario  
One of the million problems with Starlight as a whole was that she only gave up after confirming that her actions would bring direct consequences to her. It’s too easy to give up and stop playing with time and space when the person you were trying to kill all along shows you how the result of your tampering will cause your own death as well.

Chrysalis refusing to repent and turn a new leaf was scripted to make Starlight look good. Remember, the characters only do what the writers and directing staff wnts them to do, and as the leaks proved, Starlight was originally meant to take over the show during S07, with her own set of students and all while Twilight and company were relegated to a lesser role.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Anonycat  
I think you’re trying too hard to hate Starlight in this case, since she seems genuinely horrified at what the world becomes, and goes into denial and tries to justify to herself her actions. And she’s not trying to kill Twilight, just make her alone and friendless.

And they were doing a very poor job of it than, since she only plays a big role in 7/26 episodes in season 6, if we count each two-parters as two ep instead of one. And leaks tend to be sketchy, so I doubt them in this case. And Chrysalis was always a bitch, and one that never had any redeeming qualities to begin with. At least Starlight believed in her own lies before learning of a better path, Chrysalis just wants power, even before There And Back Again.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@Meanlucario  
You have to purposely try really, really hard to not hate Starlight and all the problems she brought with her after her introduction. Hell, even IDW’s comic crew seems to want absolutely nothing to do with the character.  
The leaks only made her even more hateable after they confirmed what the fandom suspected all along: she was created to be a blatant Twilight and Mane5 replacement all along.

And once again, the show’s characters do not feel remorse, guilt or feel anything at all. They only did what the writing and directing crew wanted them to do and that’s it.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Anonycat  
Guess I’m special because I don’t see the problems you’re talking about, especially since she didn’t have that many episodes in season 6, the season that they would try to shoehorn her the most if what you’re saying is true.

And again, you give me no reason to think that the leaks you mention are real and isn’t made by a fan (maybe even you) to justify hating her. If you want to convince me otherwise, feel free to give me evidence to your claim.

Like with every past antagonist, you mean? Seriously, they rarely show remorse for the antagonists, especially in the early seasons. At least in the later seasons, Twi feels bad for failing Cozy.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #8C94

It’s really a matter of pride with Chrysalis and sadism, enjoyment of how she wants to go about life; if she’d reform, she’d have to admit internally somewhere she’s wrong, and she’d assuredly rather die than bow philosophically to some alicorn (Twilight), some plebeian unicorn (Starlight)… or anyone else, really. She only ever alienated anyone who’d ever possibly care about her with how she acted, which reached a crescendo in the finale. (As did the other two; Tirek really should’ve listened in his backstory) Showboating your hatred to the bitter end probably doesn’t help matters either.

@Meanlucario

Probably they’re thinking along the lines of how this conversation went.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide