Unpopular opinion time

Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@Latecomer  
Mostly I’m against telling little kids that whining to get their way is “witty and clever and how you outshine others” :/

They’re a lot less special though you gotta admit. They’ve gone from “these two mystical creatures are our leaders and they raise the sun and moon with godlike power” to “we need another princess can you swing by the convenience store and get another alicorn?” XD

@Meanlucario  
That’s totally true too. They got their butts wiped so many times that they’re debatably in the “weak” tier of characters XD
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Meanlucario

Like how Cadance actually has a better onscreen track record than her apparently more powerful adoptive aunts, speaking of alicorns.

(no, seriously, after doing some thinking, I’ve decided I unironically likely would rather take her into a fight/war than Celestia and/or Luna; I think it’s a great expression of “Love” to be quite willing to fight next to those you care about, personally [not like she canonically has anything against killing if she has to, either]; probably doesn’t hurt that she seems to have an interest in magic in and of itself)
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Philweasel

Yeah, it really was a classic.

…wow, actually seven years ago. How time flies.

pay no attention to the fact that I wasn’t watching MLP until like 3-4 years later
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@AC97  
Seeing as Celestia has made a world where her citizens can grow and prosper without fear or restraint, you’re dreadfully underestimating her.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@WyrmSpawN  
Monsters will happen, since most of them are wildlife, and most of the magical stuff are sealed or hidden. Equestria is still a great place for growth and development, especially compared to the other nations and races. We also need to remember that the land isn’t overrun by the other races and wildlife, so towns like Ponyville have some protection, and were even created due to Celestia giving the Apples land for a farm. That’s more than any of the other races, or even Cadence, ever did.
Latecomer

@Meanlucario  
Monsters are one way Equestria is more dangerous than most first-world countries, though, since only a few of those have common serious predators of humans.

As for how much of Equestrian idyllicism can be credited to Celestia, or how much of it’s flaws blamed on her - well that goes into a lot of stuff well outside the scope of the show.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
Equestria is also in a fantasy world, which naturally comes with magical dangers. And I don’t think anyone wants to cause an extinction.

I think the flaws are overplayed, especially the ones focused on her being defeated many times, which I think are counterpointed by there being others to win the day if she falls (not just the Mane Six, as the past-antagonist team and the Student Six has shown). It’s not perfect, but nothing is, nor should be for there to be a story worth telling.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Meanlucario

I mean, you aren’t wrong. It’s probably more likely she was a good ruler if Equestria didn’t fall apart under her solo millennium rule, than if she was an idiot, due to her likely having to deal with threats herself.

I’m mostly talking from the perspective of the show, and its onscreen habits, its Worfing habits (Celestia and Luna mostly tended to be effective in flashbacks), even if in the end, it can be argued that at least half of their respective losses came down to luck (or the lack thereof) and/or “the plot willed it,” or something along those lines.

In the end, I guess the point that could be made here (if anything) is that it’s a shame they didn’t get to do more cool stuff onscreen, but that’s just the nature of the show, and what fanfics are for.

Cadance is still an underrated character tho
Latecomer

@Meanlucario  
I think there are probably some creatures ponies could do without. And the dangers do affect livability.

And Celestia is beaten cheaply a bit too often, but that doesn’t have much to do with her quality as a ruler or Equestria’s as a country.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@[Ω]  
I don’t get it either. It was one thing when she got *slightly* taller after becoming an alicorn, but Celestia-sized Twilight makes no sense. Assuming an alicorn’s size is somehow related to their magic power, she shouldn’t be that big, she doesn’t have all of the Sisters’ power.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@GenericArchangel  
I don’t like the ‘slightly taller’ body either as it means she’s a bad vector reference, but also I just don’t think the neck looks good on her. Those are nitpicks tho I know.

But yeah, agreed. I think if they wanted to go with ‘taller and fancier’ they should have given her Cadance or Luna body (those are different, mind) instead. less jarring of a change.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@LightningBolt  
Honestly her normal alicorn body would’ve been fine if they gave her the wavy hair and maybe a longer horn. I actually really like the handful of shots where she got the magic hair, and I’m a little sad they didn’t use that beyond like one episode.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide