Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Latecomer

I thought we were too. What the heck happened to that? Are they sitting on it?

@Latecomer

Speaking of Starlight being the straight mare so to speak, I’m not necessarily the biggest fan of comedy-oriented fanon (like say, fanfics) portraying Starlight as having a schtick of “lol she has terribly dreadful morals,” especially if it’s happening after S6.

I kinda get it, but I don’t think it would be entirely off for Trixie to have that role.
Latecomer

@AC97  
Well, it probably takes more than one season for her to entirely stop being a terrible pony. And IMO Startrix works best - as couple or friendship - when neither is much worse than the other.

@[Ω]  
Big multiauthor fanfic series where the other sister fell, and a certain showmare leads a different group of Elements as Princess Luna’s faithful student.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer

Yeah, true. Her impulsivity was still noticeable in S7, and to a lesser extent S8 (To Change A Changeling is a good example, since it got mentioned, with her shitty plan that kinda fell apart. I think I’ll end up rewatching it, now that it got brought up), I’m talking more along the lines of her being say, comically, exaggeratedly amoral with mind control, when S7’s premiere had basically said she was done with that one (heck, Trixie suggested it basically, whether it was to be interpreted as joking or not), and no, I don’t count consensual hypnosis as having equivalence.

And that episode was well-balanced between those two, wasn’t it?

(Definitely wasn’t a hard line for “here, Starlight’s definitely a good pony, for sure comparable to one of the Mane Six,” although that line was probably passed by S9, by most accounts)
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@AC97  
“I know Many of my worst crimes against ponykind were stonecolding my way into people’s minds and rearranging their grey matter and doing so has always brought negative consequences, but this time I have permission so it’s okay!”

Starlight was stupid for doing the hypnosis and Twilight was even worse for asking for it. They should both have known better by that point. Letting Starlight into your grey matter would be like letting onision teach a pre-school.
Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
I must admit, the reason why Starlight often puts me at odds with the “maybe yes” and “maybe not” is because her episodes feel a bit formulatic. Not exessively nor too abrumating, but just enough to put me a bit of an odds with the character.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Terminal Red

Pinkie Pie was the one who fucked it up, wasn’t she? The only fault either of those two had there was not locking the door behind them (then again it’s Pinkie, so even aside from her strength it wouldn’t have stopped her would it).

And I’d rather not bring… ugh, that guy into this conversation.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide