Unpopular opinion time

Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@AC97  
I imagine that if Twilight lost, Chrysalis would end up splitting off and eventually betraying the other two the moment she got subservient moral support. Tirek on the other hand would stick with Cozy Glow as her official advisor and muscle, with Cozy going full ‘I’m a pretty perfect Princess of Friendship, so benevolent and kind… and if you say any different I’ll fucking kill you’.

I can’t help but feel that Tirek would eventually lose control of her, and one of them would die. I would love it to be Tirek, just for the sheer irony of Tirek getting backstabbed by his own errant child.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Philweasel

Oh yeah, one way or another, that alliance just wouldn’t last. It was glaringly obvious in the stark contrast found in Chrysalis’ suggestion in response to Cozy Glow suggesting to try killing the Windigos (and then her hissing at Tirek after he went “hey, it’s a shitty idea to give a potential threat like those things leeway in that way, let them grow strong from disharmony”), among other things that she’s too different from them for it to realistically last, if not because of their clashing egos, because their mindsets have striking contrasts, with Chrysalis being the most prone to Bond Villain Stupidity/the Villain Ball.

(She’s notably worse than Sombra in that regard, because she’s had that kind of thing happen ever since her debut; she had it happen in S6 when she decided Starlight was too unimportant to bother replacing, she had it happen when she decided to tell Cozy Glow not to chase Discord down, which allowed Discord to warn the heroes, she had it happen when she told Cozy Glow to wait until the heroes were broken first before killing them, to “have fun with our guests” first, acting like Tirek was a worrywart for being worried about Twilight being free, and the aforementioned Windigos. Maybe Sombra would’ve learned from his experiences in S9 if he’d appeared again, but I’d say he isn’t quite as notorious of an offender as she is. He only made about two real mistakes out of arrogance in S9: leaving the Mane Six trapped in antimagic crystals, alone, and not blasting them from behind during Discord’s speech [though it does kinda tie into his MO of breaking their spirits, which does weaken them, the way magic works, though sadism is also a deciding factor], and he was playing pretty damn well for kind of being the underdog in the S3 premiere, with how uphill the path to victory was)

Chrysalis kinda did spell it out in the first half of the two-parter, that it wouldn’t, didn’t she?

Queen Chrysalis: Our pact stands. What we do, we do together. Once we defeat the protectors of Equestria, we can claim this land and rule our kingdoms alone once more.

Tirek and Cozy Glow, they’d have noticeably higher chances of sticking together, or at least keep in regular contact with one another (because hey, decent chess players don’t grow on trees …) and it would be unsurprising if it went some way like you said, with the outcome of “mentor kills protégé,” or “protégé kills mentor” (such is the way of the Sith), though if Chrysalis managed to run off with the bell in her possession as to have a leg up on them, in case, it could be an incentive for them to not actually get around to killing each other.

(That reminds me, probably, it would be either Cozy Glow or Chrysalis in possession of the bell. Tirek can get by just fine without it, and both of them know it)
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@AC97  
I imagine Cozy would definitely keep hold of the bell. She’s the one most associated with it, she’s smarter than Chrysalis, and Tirek would certainly have a preference in that direction.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Philweasel

If Chrysalis ended up with the bell, it’d probably be the result of her pulling a fast one on the other two. Question then would be if they managed to see it coming (not too unlikely), and stop her theft accordingly, and/or if Cozy Glow didn’t somehow manage to finagle Celestia and Luna’s magic out of it first, if there was a safe workaround for Discord’s pesky esoteric chaos magic being in it.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@Philweasel

I picture Cozy becoming the principal of Twilight’s school again, using it to raise a generation of sycophants and to train spies and missionaries for her cause.

Maybe she’d even use the map, pretending the tree of harmony is sending her students on “friendship quests” when really she’s just sending them on missions to expand her political powers.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Season 10 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic begins! Explore new worlds and go on new adventures with your favorite fillies!
Twilight’s first act as Queen of Equestria is to send the Mane 6 to explore mysterious—and potentially dangerous—areas of Equestria. When Applejack, Zeocra, Rockhoof, and Tempest travel to Zecora’s home country, they meet a zebra named Marini—and learn exciting, surprising information about Zecora, the magical kelpies and abada, and the not-so-magical zebras who live there.

Zecora’s not the last survivor of an extinct race. Who knew?
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
Unpopular Opinion: Starlight is at her most amusing when she’s angry, indignant, stressed, frustrated, or bitchy.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@Spinny  
That’s when she’s amusing, for sure, but I don’t think anyone likes seeing their favorite character get frustrated like that. Then again, it’s always Trixie’s fault, which makes it even more entertaining.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
Unpopular Opinion: Starlight is at her most amusing when she’s angry, indignant, stressed, frustrated, or bitchy.

Fully agreed. In fact I’m happy that you’ve worked out why I like her so much.

…I sure don’t watch pony for well adjusted people exhibiting good behavior.  
@GenericArchangel  
@Spinny
I don’t think anyone likes seeing their favorite character get frustrated like that.

Oh ho ho, you’d be so wrong.

Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy and Starlight sit at the top of my list primarily because their suffering amuses me.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
When Starlight gets pissed The fabric of Time and space get Nam Flashbacks and ponies start hiding their cutie marks and wearing tinfoil hats.

When she’s not pissed she’s just Twilight on Tylenol.

Yeah, I can see why Bitchlight Glimmer is more entertaining than Borelight Glimmer.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Oh ho ho, you’d be so wrong.
Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy and Starlight sit at the top of my list primarily because their suffering amuses me.

Indeed. In my eyes, you’re arguably more invested in a character if on some level you actually want to see them pissed off, stressed, scared, traumatized, desperate, than if you’re one who wants to have their life sorted 24/7.

It’s the reason I like dark stuff.

@rdibp

One of the reasons I found that moment compelling was the fact that Starlight was pissed off, on behalf of others. Such a thing is rare, able to be counted on one hand, I think. Yes, the “that’s because Twilight’s friends are competent” part was going overboard, but it was such a sick burn, you have to admit.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
@AC97
Sounds sadistic

I’m not going to apologise for enjoying the suffering of small cartoon horses. I mean, isn’t that like 80% of the show?

Talking seriously, there’s a certain amount of catharsis and relatability to these girls sucking at life and getting frustrated and bitchy over the fact that the world seems determined to thwart them. I’ve very rarely experienced being a pretty perfect princess, but I certainly know what it’s like to have to tell a friend that they’re an unemployable mess who needs to sort their life out. Makes one scenario a lot more emotionally impactful than the other.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide