Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Philweasel

To be fair, Twilight wasn’t exactly trying to actually beat Tirek, she was trying to distract him; same goes for Pinkie and Rainbow Dash, they were specifically trying to draw aggro with Chrysalis and Cozy, as opposed to outright defeating them, then and there.

Either way, she is definitely notably less of a fighter than Starlight is. Though she’s less mediocre at it than she was in S5… probably.

…Y’know, Tirek was easily the best fighter out of all of the villains, wasn’t he? Though when your competition is a child who’s new to alicornhood, and a former queen used to being more powerful than whoever she’s dominating…

Out of all the S9 villains who appeared, Sombra would’ve been the only one who could realistically be said to really rival Tirek in combat prowess, I think.

@Vivace

She did seem to favor dodging more than blocking in S5 too. I’m glad that she never really lost her nimbleness.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@AC97  
As I’ve said many times before, it’s hard to rival Tirek. He’s only below the Pony of Shadows and Discord in power (and that’s only assuming a realistic amount of ponies drained), and matches Cozy for smarts (and is a lot wiser than her).

To be fair, the other two specialize in infiltration, where as Tirek isn’t going to be infiltrating squat.

It actually shows his good intentions that he didn’t take the Princess magic, or Discord’s. Honestly, there wasn’t a lot either of the other two could do to stop him.

And yes, people really downplay how powerful and smart Sombra was. He was MONUMENTALLY arrogant, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t a serious threat.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Philweasel

It’s as (I think) you said before with Cozy Glow: she’s held back by her immaturity, by quite a bit, and would probably end up kinda reminiscent overall to Tirek if she reached adulthood, in her mindset.

The thing that’s extremely dangerous about Tirek is, not only is he someone with an inherently busted ability that’s practically a guaranteed win for him if you don’t nip him in the bud ASAP, but he’s more than intelligent enough to avoid direct confrontation if he doesn’t have decent odds, and his ego isn’t exploitable in the way that say, Chrysalis’ is, smart as she is.

What makes Sombra inherently very dangerous is, not only is he powerful and quite knowledgeable in dark magic, but it’s rather easy for him to gain minions, and useful ones at that. He actually shattered the Tree of Harmony, after only really learning about the Elements there and then, firsthand (he wasn’t originally beaten by Celestia and Luna using them). His ego isn’t completely unjustified.

On a different topic, it’s really kind of a shame that Cadance didn’t really get to help fight anyone in S9, because she is actually quite good at magic herself, powerful, and isn’t averse to using violence.

Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
The thing that’s extremely dangerous about Tirek is, not only is he someone with an inherently busted ability that’s practically a guaranteed win for him if you don’t nip him in the bud ASAP, but he’s more than intelligent enough to avoid direct confrontation if he doesn’t have decent odds, and his ego isn’t exploitable in the way that say, Chrysalis’ is, smart as she is.

Yeah, there’s a certain lack of pride in Tirek, he’s quite capable of cowering and pretending to be weak, feeble and harmless if he thinks it would serve his purpose. I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t even be beneath him to outright grovel.

Makes him far more dangerous than Chrysi, who can’t stop waving her dick around even in the face of overwhelming odds.  
What makes Sombra inherently very dangerous is, not only is he powerful and quite knowledgeable in dark magic, but it’s rather easy for him to gain minions, and useful ones at that.

I actually forgot about that. You’re right, it is a nasty ability. After all Tirek is only really capable of oppressing his immediate area and Chrysalis has had repeated issues with that pesky ‘free will’ bullshit in her minions. Sombra on the other hand isn’t just him, it’s his army of brainwashed minions, most of which are innocents to add extra issues fighting them.

On a different topic, it’s really kind of a shame that Cadance didn’t really get to help fight anyone in S9, because she is actually quite good at magic herself, powerful, and isn’t averse to using violence.

I love Cadance, so I full agree. On the other hand I have to admit that for once ‘Don’t deploy the Princesses’ is a valid tactic. With Tirek and the bell, deploying all your demigods against them is rather risky.

…speaking of which, this finale was just DESIGNED for fanfiction. Tirek, Cozy, Chrysalis and Cadance, all Game of Throning over the ashes of Equestria as Windigos circle overhead? That sounds a hell of a lot of fun.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
…speaking of which, this finale was just DESIGNED for fanfiction. Tirek, Cozy, Chrysalis and Cadance, all Game of Throning over the ashes of Equestria as Windigos circle overhead? That sounds a hell of a lot of fun.

Don’t forget that one bit, where Twilight implied FLURRY would be Equestria’s last hope, should they fail. Imagine Flurry being raised as this somber, duty-driven warrior princess in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, trying to save Equestria after decades of despotic rule. I like to imagine Cadance and Shiny would intentionally cause the Empire to disappear (like Sombra did), only this time it’s to keep Flurry and the Empire safe until she’s been trained enough.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
As a relentless Starlight appreciator, I have to admit how much I loved her role in the finale. She got to look awesome as hell, without ever overshadowing the main cast.

And uttering one of the most badass one liners in the entire series
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

On the other hand I have to admit that for once ‘Don’t deploy the Princesses’ is a valid tactic. With Tirek and the bell, deploying all your demigods against them is rather risky.

Yeah, Cadance was the last adult alicorn, and if she would get any bigger like Twilight, Celestia and Luna did (I’m one to presume that’s an alicorn thing), I’d presume she could get stronger.

Celestia and Luna had fallen because they were taken off-guard with the Bell they didn’t know Cozy had with her, and losing yet another alicorn by going Leeroy Jenkins would be quite the hopecrusher, having Flurry be an orphaned alicorn, with her being the last one. Twilight did have a point there, not putting all eggs into one basket.

On the topic of Cozy Glow and her alicornhood, if it makes any sense, I don’t think she was a “true alicorn,” because she didn’t earn it/be born into it, and unlike the other alicorns, when the power boost went away (Twilight, Cadance, Celestia, and Luna have had their magic drained before), so did the expanded wings and horn.

Indeed, it would be quite the interesting premise, if one on the dark side, because as is, most of the characters are either dead (Spike included), or in the horrid position of being a plaything, whether they be tortured prisoners, slaves, and/or subjects (Chrysalis being the type to have all three).

As far as Tirek goes? Hmm… I’m not sure he’d be overly interested in actually ruling, at least without causing some decimation first, rain some hellfire upon the ponies as revenge. (“destroy Equestria” sounds a bit similar to what’s shown there, IMO)

@gingerninja666

Twilight didn’t imply that… she explicitly stated it.

I think it’d kind of a waste to not have Cadance also doing cool stuff under that idea. You’d also wonder if they’d decide to have any more heir(s)…

Either way, I don’t think they’d have taking prisoners on the table with any of those three. They’d likely want those tyrants dead like Sombra (Cozy Glow wouldn’t be a kid by that point, with the timeskip, unless she was a Baby Dollesque all along).

That premise would be well-suited for a Teen or higher rating, in my opinion.

It could be sorta Samurai Jack-esque, come to think of it. “50 years have passed… but, I do not age.”

@WyrmSpawN

Then perhaps it could be done in a different way that doesn’t involve time displacement, hypothetically.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@[Ω]  
Especially when there’s a huge difference in quality between the traced drawings and the ones made without that “help”.

Well, I suppose I can’t say I agree either with people who brings out the torches and pitchforks to cyberlynch fanartists like Toxic Mario or Drawponies for selling stuff made out of traced images, but then make a 180 and decide to angrily defend and justify buying official comics made by artists who also trace images.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
And it seems Pony life is starlight free, or heavily reduced anyway. Though Trixie Got a pony life toy so im pretty sure she’ll get a recuring role.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Spinny

I remember Equestria-Prevails being overjoyed that their style was used in an official capacity while everyone else was argle bargle-ing about Equestria-Prevails’ style getting used in an official capacity, yes.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide