Unpopular opinion time

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Cozy had plenty of opportunities to just walk away. Like, just not be evil.

Instead she chose to lead a song all about making her cohorts more effective at being evil.

We want to break their friendship~

We want to make them weak~

You want revenge on Starlight~

You want that huge physique~

So let’s increase our chances~

By working as a team~

To crush our enemies to dust!~

And laugh as they all SCREEEEEAM!~

Not really helping her case on innocence there.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@CronoM  
Effort is wasted on the unwilling, it seems. “Loyalty? Honesty? Generosity? Fuck all that! I’ll make more friends without all that bullshit than you ever could! And with those friends, I’ll be all-powerful! Mwahahahahahaaaaaaaaaah!” That chronic backstabbing syndrome isn’t exactly compatible with friendship.
Latecomer

@Dustcan

Well for one thing, none of our heroes heard that song. For another - yeah, no-one’s denying she’s evil. That’s sort of the point - to try and make her not-evil.

Hack, what happened to the “reforming spells” that Discord ate so many of in Keep Calm and Carry On? If there was ever a time…
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
Reforming spells could have been the basis of a great episode.

What if the mane 6 befriended a character and that character would show up in minor roles for a season or two, but it’s eventually revealed that this character was a terrible villain until they were brainwashed by a friendship beam years ago.

How would the mane 6 react to the revelation that this seemingly normal friend is living a lie, may not be real and could turn on them if the brainwashing fails?
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@cheezedoodle  
Luckily, I don’t believe any villain character was altered by the mane 6 during the show. Luna, stygian and sunset were altered by dark or out of control magic and subsequently freed from it.

But perhaps celestia tried it once or twice before deciding it was immoral?
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@CronoM

The point is that whatever they’d usually do on trying to reform her, they already tried, and it didn’t work.

And also, as shown with most antagonists that were reformed, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Cozy didn’t even make it to that point.

@Vivace  
@Spinny
Not. An. Excuse.

And frankly, i’m rather sure that she would have far less defenders if she had been a adult, given how how much the arguments for her seem to hinge on her age most of all.

You don’t plot multiple murders like she did without knowing exactly what that entails.

@gingerninja666

Yes.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
The point is that whatever they’d usually do on trying to reform her, they already tried, and it didn’t work.
And also, as shown with most antagonists that were reformed, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Cozy didn’t even make it to that point.

She did. Her problem is she likes murdering people, and Twilight won’t let her.

If Twilight got a little more open minded on the ‘world domination and crushing the innocent under her hooves’ thing, she’d totally reform.
CronoM

@Terminal Red  
All children are rabid. That’s not an argument. The main characters didn’t even TRY to find out anything about Cozy and why she was rabid about being evil. @Mildgyth “ they already tried” is an extremely transparent lie. The Mane 6 don’t know jack about Cozy or tried to personally get through to her by someone smarter then the little brat.

@Vivace  
Are you even being serious? ALL villains are unwilling to learn initially genius! That’s why you have to use effort and learn about why they are the way they are, two things that did NOT happen for Cozy. We don’t know JACK about Cozy’s backstory.

That’s how you get the unwilling and backstabbing to be WILLING and TRUSTING! This is the most basic of concepts.

Who ever heard of a hardcore villain that was receptive from the start?
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@CronoM

Oh, they didn’t try with the specific purpose of doing so, but i doubt their methods would deviate much from what they already do in the School.

And trying completely new methods wouldn’t yield better results.
Egil
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

screaming forever
@CronoM  
Whoever heard of redemption for such villains that wasn’t forced as hell? You don’t build up a character like Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts then drop a random ass sob story literally before and after the final boss and expect people not to be pissed. I’d also love to remind you the student six, main six, and even the CMC were perfectly okay with being friends with Cozy. It was Cozy who threw them all away. She is the problem, no one else. Also fuck the fact that she’s a child. There have been many disgustingly evil little shits throughout history and no one misses any of them. Adam Lanza is a perfect example.
CronoM

@Mildgyth  
I feel you intentionally made your argument weak there. Your ‘doubts’ and ‘wouldn’t’ arguments don’t mean a thing to me, it’s all your blind supposition. Almost as if you support the lack of effort used to reform Cozy.
Mildgyth
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@CronoM

I do. Because going from the severity of her crimes, the circumstances and her reaction, i believe that insisting on doing so would only create another Discord situation, except that i don’t think that even then she’d learn.

And i could also easily say that your conviction that it is possible to reform her is just as much ‘blind supposition’ as my conviction that it isn’t is.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide