Unpopular opinion time

Latecomer

@Philweasel  
She isn’t exactly the leading type. If she was, then she’d be running that team though. I always saw her position on par with Rainbow’s - managing an aspect of local nature.

@Spinny  
True, if they’d left her somewhere they could see her, it would be a lot herder for her to cause trouble.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@Latecomer

Considering she has been in a School of Friendship beforehand and learned nothing from it except for whatever she could use for her own benefit, and how to be even more manipulative than before, trying would be rather futile.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
Starlight did worse than Cozy and still was reformed despite her relapses and total inability to understand why brainwashing people was a bad thing, which is another reason to believe that she just made things difficult for the series’ staff by merely existing and serving as a reference point for all the things they did wrong.
CronoM

@Mildgyth  
Twilight tried turning ‘Friendship’ into an establishment, which was a flawed idea from the getgo. Most of the successes the Friendship School had were by coincidence or proximity, not by actual course design. The effectiveness of a friendship school is overstated.

There will always be those who feel at home rejecting the establishment, but that would not stop someone actually wise to make her see that friendship can actually be a meaningful part of life in her personally. It’s the very basis of the importance of individual attention.

This leads partially back to the issue that Cozy has no real backstory. There’s nothing to her beyond being evil.

Kids have no filter, so if an intelligent but young kid fully obsesses with the idea of being evil is the greatest thing ever, she would be terrible, especially in a world where magic exists.

But she is STILL a child. She is not the smarest person in the world, she is not the wisest person in Equestria, no matter how much evil she’s accumulated in herself, she still only has child’s amount of life experience to back it up. She has a horrible soul, but one untested and unguarded by years of experience. Saying she was a lost cause is premature.
Latecomer

@Mildgyth  
As I said earlier

Don’t know till you try, do you?

I’m not against an irredeemable Cozy - I’m against our leads writing her off as such without any attempt.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@TheAmazingPeanuts  
Normally I’d say that not all villains need a backstory to better understand them or to make them sympathetic, but I feel like Cozy was one villain that could’ve benefitted from one.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
But she is STILL a child. She is not the smarest person in the world, she is not the wisest person in Equestria, no matter how much evil she’s accumulated in herself, she still only has child’s amount of life experience to back it up. She has a horrible soul, but one untested and unguarded by years of experience. Saying she was a lost cause is premature.
CronoM

@Vivace  
We aren’t saying its an excuse. Were saying its a reason to give more effort to reform her then those who have done evil for ages like Tirek and Chrysalis. I’m not talking about unconditional patience, but we are talking about EFFORT. Far more effort then the show gave her. Within the context of FiM, it would be unnatural to give so little effort into trying to reform her and then turning her to stone.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide