Unpopular opinion time

Latecomer

@CronoM  
I’m pretty sure a lot of it just sort of happened - I suppose we could check the leaks.

@Meanlucario  
I was looking forward to her being reformed, then I was very disappointed how they did it, but then I enjoyed the Starlight we got out of it… quite the roller-coaster.

(And I prefer it when rather than beating Twilight on raw power, she outsmarts her. Though Twi shouldn’t be left behind - there should be a back-and-forth where they push each other, maybe.)
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Latecomer  
As I’ve said before, I’ve never thought Starlight was stronger than Twilight. Starlight’s just a lot less restrained, and has much better reflexes.

Kinda like how she was kinda humiliating Chrysalis in the finale. Chrysalis massively overpowers her at this point, but Starlight’s evasion still makes it hard for her.
Latecomer

@Philweasel  
Yeah. And I tend to make her a pony who thinks outsde the box magically - which means she can occasionally do “impossible” things but doesn’t have Twilight’s solid spell library and grasp of theory.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Since Twilight’s particular special magical talent seems to be spell replication, I’d say that Starlight can only get more powerful than Twilight if Twilight doesn’t witness her spell-casting.

Furthermore, given how well Starlight can levitate herself, I don’t think she lacked the ability in her debut. She just didn’t find using it necessary.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
I was also disappointed in the execution aside from her choosing to step down from winning instead of forced to stop, and afterwards is what made me love her.
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
@[Ω]

Not just this season.

Fluttershy is the one for the get go that no one can throw shit at because it’s treated as a moral event horizon, but everybody else is fair play.

Her sadness is almost never used for laughs, she’s treated as a kind soul despite being easily corrupted by assertivity lessons, is treated as the nicest characters but is just as prone of holding the jerkass ball like the other characters. When she complains about anything, like in bats, she’s the one in the right, I dare to say she’s more shilled that Glimmer, but whereas Starlight cannot catch a break from the fanbase, Flutters is just given a free pass. And despite growing a spine being one of the most important parts of her charcter ark, she’s still in a passive role most of the time so she’s still mostly unsuited for non-animal related problems on her community.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Myoozik
@Twi Clown - The red nosed christmas pony
I feel the same way, they gave her a lot of preference in this last season.
In fact, when was the last time she was proven wrong in the show? Or hell, in the comics?
No wonder people likes to make her to act wrong in fanfics.

Fake it Till You Make It in S8, which really just feels like the exception to the rule given all of her other major appearances from S6-9. I’ve said it before, but if anyone really warrants the Mary Sue mantra it’s Fluttershy, not Starlight or Sunset or whatever
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
I like Discord more than Pinkie. He’s a jerk, but at least he usually knows what he do unlike the usual scatter brained Pinkie. (I know, she can pull moments of brilliance, but they’re usually inconsistent, making her obnoxious.)
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
@[Ω]

Technically, she was wrong in Sounds of Silence. Of course, it wasn’t so much that she did anything wrong, but rather the solution she offered up was wrong. That’s about as “wrong” as it gets for her, especially when she’s paired up with Applejack, who is always gets the short end of the stick in favor of Fluttershy whenever they’re paired together.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Philweasel

The fact that there was no evidence shown that Starlight could actually hurt Tirek, whereas Twilight actually made him lose a tooth, in contrast to Star Swirl accomplishing nothing at all, should be the nail in the coffin on that particular debate. Twilight is probably stronger than Starlight, and by S9 would likely be skilled enough to defeat her, solo.

Maybe Starlight would outperform her at first ala anti-boosted Chrysalis style trickery, but Twilight would quite possibly be better at keeping up with her than she was.

In RPG terms, Starlight would probably have great Intelligence and Agility stats. Or some equivalent thereof.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Wiimeiser
Using a term you made up a million times won’t make others use it or understand it. I already forgot what it means.

Seriously, they’re like the only person that uses it. It instantly makes it inaccessible to most thread users to talk like that, or at least, an annoyance.

It hasn’t caught on after literal years of mostly just them saying it, at which point perhaps it’s time to call it a quits with that phrase. I wouldn’t force them to stop it even if I could, it’s just a thought.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide