Unpopular opinion time

DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@ILoveMyoozik  
more than anything else i find it monumentally disrespectful to the folks who actually make the show, like the actors, the writers, animators, and musicians. these folks have made a lot of money for hasbro; the least hasbro could do is air their show on schedule.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
Why should Hasbro care? It’s a glorified toy commercial, it doesn’t matter when it’s seen, just that it’s seen. A bumper crop of adult fans who buy expensive merch is simply a nice plus, we’re not the target audience and never have been. I don’t think it should happen, but I also don’t think Hasbro will change.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@GenericArchangel  
no, but that’s not a good reason to call them out on it. especially when the one episode* they mandated had the moral of “you’re morally wrong for not liking our show in this one specific way”.

*that we know of. i still believe suelight was muscled into the show at the higher-up’s demand. her overarching morals of “you’re morally obligated to like, forgive, and cater to someone more powerful than you” and “superior power = superior morals” fits perfectly with the way a corporation like hasbro likely thinks.
GenericArchangel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@DanielTepesKraus  
Okay. I understand your point, and I do agree. But I would be sincerely shocked if Hasbro changed the philosophy of the MLP shows with an eye to bronies rather than maximum advertising. That’d be awesome!, but it’s not happening.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME

will return
@GenericArchangel  
i don’t even expect that much. i don’t care if they care or not about us. all i’m honestly calling them out for is not, at the very least, giving even a fraction of a shit about actually following a decent airing schedule. in other words i’m calling them out for not giving the most bare minimum they could possibly give.
GenericArchangel
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@DanielTepesKraus  
I mean, the for real leaks are truly beyond their control. Early airings are just how TV works: syndicated shows are sold in bundles of episodes to be aired whenever, and Hasbro/DHX have lost the bargaining power to force US-first airings. How they lost that power is a mystery, and it’s very possible they dropped that to get more money in royalties, but that’s how it be.

My real concern is that they’re going to make us get the app, and that said app will release entire seasons at once like Netflix does.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME

will return
@GenericArchangel  
i don’t see anything morally wrong with it. i’m willing to meet them half-way: make owning the product through proper channels a reasonable thing to do and i’ll happily give them money. if they can’t even do that for me, honestly, why should i give them money? expecting me to pay monthly to have unguaranteed access they have full control over and can revoke any time they please to something is far less morally sound than piracy imo.

@Mr grump  
same. i’d buy that. put it in a nice tin case, maybe make it come with a little figurine or shape it like celestia’s throne or something? that’d look nice on my shelf.

@Latecomer  
we live in a world where avatar was the highest-selling movie of all time. i believe literally anything is possible.
GenericArchangel
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@Mr grump  
They’d be fools not to. As I said, the key feature of adult fans is a willingness and ability to spend far more money than kids. We’d buy the shit out of a $100 “collector’s edition” disc set if it came with a figurine or two, maybe even a sketch book or something.

@DanielTepesKraus  
I mean, there is iTunes. Which, no. So yeah, I agree with you. I am normally averse to piracy because integrity and stuff, and sometimes it really does make more sense. Especially for MLP, where it’s the merch, not ads, that make the money.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME

will return
@GenericArchangel  
don’t get me wrong, either. i adore streaming services. when i was a kid owning a betamax meant you were rich, you got only a few channels, and tvs looked like this:  
full

thing is, most of the stuff i watch on netflix i don’t want to own. i’m wholly content to watch stuff on it and leave it at that. actually owning something should never not be an option, however.
GenericArchangel
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@DanielTepesKraus  
Unfortunately, physical ownership is dying out. My PC doesn’t have a Blu Ray player, only DVD, so any hypothetical FiM set would require me to buy and switch out a new disc drive. This is pretty widely true. What I want to see is a service that lets me download these things using a key, allowing me to keep it on my hard drive no matter what happens.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@DanielTepesKraus  
There are now several different streaming services so if you want access to every thing you have to pay out the nose every month. And when licences expire or other legal bull happens that we have no control over, those streaming services will drop show and movies so we no longer have access to them.

I prefer physical media. What’s mine is mine and it can never be taken away from me. I just use Netflix to try shows before I buy them, like an old videostore.

And this is what my first tv looked like. You better believe snes games looked good in black and white because i certainly did.  
full
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@GenericArchangel  
I just can’t imagine not having other devices. I even more so can’t imagine having a PC without a proper drive. (don’t start hounding me with nerd info about why this is like 100000000x advanced or whatever i do not care)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide