Unpopular opinion time

DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Hakirayleigh  
even if it wasn’t intentional (though i’d bet it was, as the similarities are practically 1:1), it still manages to be pretty cathartic since it puts starlight through all the shit she put someone else through for equally cheap and shallow reasons, and forces her to be terrorized into cowing to a villain’s demands. it’s actually the closest she’s ever gotten to karma for any of her bad actions. also, it helped thoroughly illustrate just how unsympathetic a character starlight really is, by putting an in-canon jerk through her same motions.
Poison Trail
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DanielTepesKraus

S8 made it clear that one of it’s goals was to disarm Starlight’s “Magic without Friendship” shortcut from further torpedoing the main theme of the show, after two whole seasons of it being the new law of the land it sure was a needed change.

It’s very hard to show a character as being likable when they’re constantly considering the option of just brute forcing their way out of a problem through pure privilege.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Discord absolutely deserved to get blasted by Starlight and she was no way in the wrong in that episode and the fact that they had her apologize for Discord being a colossal douchebag is horseshit
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@EotD  
Yeah, he’s entertaining for sure. He’s also a complete asshat.

@ILoveMyoozik  
“Breakup Breakdown” is what Discord should have always been: a trickster, but a good person who uses his immense powers to help people, even if his methods are confusing and trolling.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Vivace  
but that’s balanced out and then some considering discord’s goal was to basically fuck with starlight using some smoke and mirrors while starlight’s goal was to literally destroy someone’s life for good. i’ll take the smug jerk over the contrite sadistic murderous sociopath.
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@DanielTepesKraus  
What are you talking about?? The Bugbear was really intentional to hurt Starlight day as Headmare and terrorize some students…They weren’t injured cause slice of life episodes always avoid serious damage and put a lot of funny gags. Besides, Starlight and a lot of people thought historical events can’t be stopped cause a bit of ponies, even if one of them is a princess. The next problem is in an alternative dimension, the elements could find new harmony bearers even if the mane6 weren’t chosen to that mission. That’s something that Season 7 broke a lot in the lore.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME

will return
@Hakirayleigh  
even with all of that taken into account, starlight’s actions are still magnitudes worse. ignoring all the unintentional consequences, changing the very fabric of reality to irrevocably ruin a life is already unforgivably cruel and sadistic.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DanielTepesKraus

Is Discord not sadistic?

How many times has post-reformation Starlight taken genuine pleasure in watching others squirm/making it happen, or gone out of her way to do it? Habitually? Has Discord done it post-reformation? Absolutely.

He’s threatened to throw someone into another dimension out of jealousy, made sure to rub it in Twilight’s face that she wasn’t included in activities, pushed Twilight’s buttons to make her anxious, made Spike and Big Mac feel actual pain with his shenanigans, likely traumatized some children because he didn’t get what he wanted…”:/tags/a+matter+of+principals

Spike: [groans] This kinda hurts! Like, real pain!
[magic zap]
Discord: Oh, how kind of you to notice. It’s the little details that really bring alternate dimensions to life, wouldn’t you say?

(I can’t be the only one to think that comment’s outright sadism, right?)

From their perspective, it’s not really relevant whether he was actually putting them in mortal danger or not (I choose to think he didn’t), because you’re still very scared, aren’t you?

Now, do I dislike Discord as a character? No (he’s probably a much more pleasant individual than say, Rick Sanchez, lol), but when his ugly habits rear their head, hoo boy, I’d rather be around Starlight at her absolute worst post-reformation than him, mind control or not.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME

will return
@AC97  
he is, don’t get me wrong. he’s sadistic to the max. but, holy shit starlight would have to be a sadistic and cruel son of a bitch at heart to do any of the shit she pulled. no level of “misguided” would make someone casually lock people in a room and effectively torture them until they submitted to their lifestyle without thinking anything of it unless they were at heart cruel and sadistic. just that we’re able to compare her to an entity that was once the pony equivalent to basically satan is pretty telling, even if she wasn’t worse than he is.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide