Unpopular opinion time

SD50-2
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Bat Pone Fan
Irrespective of whether any of us thought it was a good thing or not, I thought the whole aesthetic of “it’s not actually a Pony-centric world” fit The Movie’s story perfectly, since the whole thing could have been avoided if Equestria didn’t have its head up its collective rump when it came to international matters; if another nation is on friendly enough terms that you can call on them for help when your capital city is invaded in a decapitation attack, you should bloody well have known about it when they themselves were attacked and driven underwater.

IMHO, it seems like Equestria has only had diplomatic relationships with seven other countries:  
-Griffonstone (a failed state that somehow most of Equestria’s population never realized failed, despite sharing a border)  
-Seaquestria/Hippogriffs (which, despite being allies, seem to have very little communication between the two given the fact that Equestria’s government didn’t know they had been driven into hiding from the Storm King)  
-The Crystal Empire (taken over by an evil king, sealed away for 1000 years, and now appears to technically be part of Equestria or at least under the rule of)  
-The Dragons (at best tolerant of Equestria until more recently)  
-Yakyakistan (closed their border with Equestria until recently)  
-Saddle Arabia (also allies of Equestria, but they’re somewhere quite distant from Equestria, and based on how well they can communicate with some of their other allies, I doubt the communication with them is all that great either)  
-The Changeling Kingdom (former enemies with Equestria turned allies after Thorax’s rebellion)

I think it’s safe to say that Equestria’s diplomatic relationships with other countries wasn’t all that great until recently. Guess Twilight having the title of “The Princess of Friendship” makes a bit more sense, guess she’s kinda the head ambassador for Equestria?
Latecomer

@SD50-2  
Well to be fair, we don’t know that they’re not getting on great with,say, the minotaur nation that they import all the goods obviously designed for hands from. The above came up when they were relevant, generally without much sign beforehand.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Dustcan  
It still makes little sense though. Especially since significant effort had to be going into keeping the griffonstone line functional, train tracks don’t just maintain themselves.

The most sensical explanation I can think of at this point is that Twilight is horrendously ignorant, which isn’t exactly a flattering revelation. It’s roughly equivalent to sending my ambassador to India to meet with the British Raj.
Latecomer

@Philweasel  
My theory is that the remnants of the Griffin Kingdom see letting other states know they’ve fallen apart as disadvantageous. So on paper, they’re still a Kingdom and Griffonstone is still the capital - it’s just that nogriff’s willing to stump up the money for it’s upkeep. It got by on tourism for a time, but…

Now how Mount Aris fell without ponies noticing, I have no idea.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Latecomer

If we go by the movie’s prequel book then the hippogriffs were somewhat isolationist. They didn’t turn away outsiders per se, but visitors were stopped at the gate until the queen was notified and gave permission to enter.
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Dustcan

Wait, wait, wait, so they actually have to cross the sea to get to the dragon lands? That certainly was never indicated before, and given that Spike traveled on foot his first time going there, it makes you wonder how he even made it.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Hali the Emoji girl

Short version is that the entire plot is about the Mane 6 having to get help to defeat Storm King’s army. They don’t, so they (sans Twilight but plus like 8 fuckboys of no discernable combat skills) simply march back to Canterlot and kick the entire invasion’s ass by their lonesome.

Depending on how you view it the movie is either a 10 minute special padded to 2 hours or a 2 hour movie that should’ve been 10 minutes. It helps when you realize it’s actually Tempest’s story, and on that grading curve it’s plotted well enough, but since our viewpoint follows the Mane 6…
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
We can agree that all those kingdoms should have been introduced WAY BACK from the early seasons, because now they suffer the “and suddenly they exist” shit and thus making looking everyone like ignorant jackasses.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@E-123

Well…

They’ve mostly all had reasons to not be talkative. The Hippogriffs were in hiding under the sea. Griffonstone was in the middle of a sort of collapse and all the griffons were either too apathetic, too proud, or too greedy to be bring it up around ponies. The Yaks are the Yaks. They’re proud to a fault and live deep within the mountains where no pony traveler would naturally go. And the Dragons are kinda contemptuous of ponykind.
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
@E-123  
To be fair, both Griffons and Dragons were already established, it’s just they devolved into a Planet of Hats situation based on the first member of said species the cast ran into. Heck could argue they did the same for the Changelings.

And the yaks are probably a swap out for the buffalo
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@E-123  
Nah, I can’t agree to that. I feel like if we had more seasons, then those kingdoms would’ve had more of the benefit of being fleshed out.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide