Unpopular opinion time

Takuto_Shindou
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Itsthinking  
They’re cool indeed, who doesn’t love an adventure with all ponies?  
But centered episodes are needed because some characters only develop when they own all the spotlight, Feeling Pinkie Keen and It’s about time are good examples of defeats cause half of the cast were randomly in there.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
As much as I want to agree with you, I think they could make a great episode with those characters as major elements of it, with speaking roles and everything. Many secondary characters within the series aren’t “important” when the grand scheme of it all is looked upon. I guess what I’m saying is that there’s nothing preventing a background pony from becoming a secondary character within an episode. I want the show to try new things with continuity and viewpoint, it keeps things fresh.

The technical “two-parter” they did between Just for Sidekicks and Games Ponies Play was an awesome idea. I’d like to see more things like that.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
And I’m sure some people would say “no pandering” when confronted with an idea that they actually want to happen happens, but stay with me.

If they genuinely think that they can tell a good story with a character that they find interesting, where’s the harm in that? I’ve seen staff members say they liked minor characters/BPs before, if they can make a good story why does it matter that they’re not the Mane Six?

A good way to do this would to do a have an episode from the viewpoint of the townsponies. Just how they feel about living in Ponyville and dealing with the Mane Six’s antics.
Takuto_Shindou

@Itsthinking  
Well they did, didn’t they?  
Bridle Gossip and Mystery on the Friendship Express were one of the bests, if not the best, episodes for mane 6 interaction and characterization, every character personality flew perfectly natural and not overboard for plot’s purpose.  
When they do it that way, i like it.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@PlotHole

“I dislike some of Faust’s ideas, especially ’Dash is not good sister material’ and ’crippled Scootaloo’.”

Glad I’m not the only one whom thinks that way. This is what, for me, makes all the Faust-worship all the more intolerable. She’s only human, just like the rest of us, which means that she can and will make mistakes…yet too many reasonable people hold her word and especially her vision to be sacrosanct.

@Itsthinking

“I regret making this thread.”

I disagree, as it allows us, for the most part, to synergise what would be considered unpopular opinions to see where each of us stands on various things
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
@PlotHole  
I personally like the idea of Dash “not being sister material” as a starting point.  
She’s far from nurturing and is quick to anger so I would like episodes where she learns not to be and becomes more sisterly.

Then again, that may be because I thought the sister episode we got misrepresented both characters to differing degrees (Sweetie moreso than Rare) and would work better with Dash and Scootaloo (Unctuous but uncoordinated Scoots trying to help and impress Dash but screws things up and Dash gets angry)
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Faust had a lot of good ideas, for sure. But she was human, and she had some ideas that wouldn’t have made the show we have today. Complete creative control when you’re working with a team is nearly impossible. I won’t even get into the other ways people talk about her, just makes me shake my head.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
I think people treat Meghan McCarthy like crap. She doesn’t have to interact with us at all, but she does. She doesn’t have to listen to our complaints, but she does.

Really, this goes for the whole staff. We take the way the staff interacts with us for granted.
Waffle24

• I liked “Feeling Pinkie Keen” and “Mare-Do-Well”  
    *I like “Magical Mystery Cure” too  
    *Alicorn Twi is actually pretty good in my opinion  
    *I hate Trixie and “Boast Busters”  
    *I don’t mind Twist  
    *I don’t like BlueBlood, but I do like how his genderbent version looks  
    *I wish Gilda returns  
    *I liked “Baby Cakes”  
    *I liked “Double Rainboom”  
    *I like Cadence/Candace/Cadence
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
@Itsthinking  
McCarthy deserves some slack. She’s new after all.

And as for listening to the fans… One should listen to the fans but not pander to the fans.  
Like if a character isn’t working and he fans have good ideas on what can fix it, that’s fine.  
But adding things to please the fans just to please the fans, that’s bad. I hope McCarthy knows the difference.  
Time will tell.
Feral_Socks

The fandom’s treatment of Pinkie and Derpy (hypercompetent , completely insane trans-dimensional traveler and “Put her in literally everything,” respectively) has made me grow very tired of the characters.

But I still like them more than Fluttershy. “Oh, she’s a shy girl who freaks out when she gets mad, watch out!”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide