Unpopular opinion time

pwingbrony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

*I loved Magical Mystery cure and was never against alicorn Twilight.

*I was not shocked by alicorn Twilight.

*I don’t care for shipping. But, I don’t hate it either. It depends on the context.

*I don’t think that this is that amazing of a cartoon. But, that is why it’s so special to me. I am able to enjoy it so thoroughly for many personal reasons despite how flawed it can be. One of the few cartoons I’ve seen to make me have such a profound connection to a show. I am more of a video game guy, after all.

*Most bad episodes and developments don’t faze me very much because of this. The only one that I dislike enough to not want to rewatch is “Boast Busters”.

I don’t care for background characters all that much. But, I do get amused and fascinated, sometimes, by how the fandom uses them.

*The only time I’ve ever found Pinkie Pie annoying was in the latest episode: “Filli Vanilli”

*Season 3 was good. Not as good as all of the other seasons, to me. But, it holds some of the greatest moments in the entire series.

*I don’t love or hate the pop culture references in season 4.

*I thought the Flutterbat transformation was a brilliant development. Not for the reasons most people have. It could’ve had a less lazy explanation though.

*I don’t hate Flash Sentry. I think that he just is so insignificant, that I can’t even express any kind of solid opinion about him other than just being a throwaway character.

*I love Shining Armor and Cadence. And, I think that they were integrated well enough into the series.

*I think that Twilight Sparkle is one of the best protagonists I’ve ever seen in a cartoon.

*I think that nearly everyone inside and outside of this fandom overreacts to the impressions that this show has given them.

*I don’t love or hate Game Grumps. (Seriously, the staggering amount of Game Grumps fans is nuts here.) I can say the same about Egoraptor and JonTron.

*I don’t care about Dr. Who. (Another big one.)

*I love nearly all of the characters on this show as a whole, for the most part.

*I don’t hate any writers or Meghan McCarthy.

*In fact, I hate it when people have such a hostile dislike for one writer or another for this show. What ever happened to just liking or disliking certain episodes? To me, all of the writers of this show are one my favorite components. Whether they make bad episodes or not, they all have good qualities that shine through from time to time. Nobody is perfect. If I can enjoy the humor and charm in an episode as bad as “Spike at your Service”, then the writer is talented enough to still keep me entertained despite how badly set up something is.

I’ll come up with more opinions that I safely say are unpopular among bronies. Eventually.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
I hate when people say “Why are you here then?” or “Why are you in this fandom?” OR “Then get out” just because I don’t watch the show. I just can’t handle to watch the kids shows anymore.

I can’t stand to listening the songs. If I am watching a epsiode and a song is coming, I quickly change the channel and I wait until the song stops.

I find the EG movie like a rip off of High School Musical, AND I HATE HSM! I think EG2 needs more asians!

Is stupid that some people here said that we are different and better that the Sonic Fandom, but is not true, we are the same like them!
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Is stupid that some people here said that we are different and better that the Sonic Fandom, but is not true, we are the same like them!

What is “quality source material?”

What is “extensive amount of interaction with content creators?”
K_A
Bronze Bit -
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <K_A> Once you go eenahp, you can't go beenahp.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I don’t see this series surviving intact for 9 years, at all. At this rate, it’s going to run out of drive long before that point. The My Little Pony five-year extension might make it through with a sequel.
Bolan
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@K_A

I can see them extending it long after the show is kaput with poorly made DVD specials made by third world studios with imitation voice actors and painfully obvious CGI.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
People circlejerking on Tumblr about how horrible Derpibooru and /mlp/ are make me want to ensure that those two sites remain alive and free of their influence. I’m just one person, but I can do as much as I care to.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
*I loved Magical Mystery cure and was never against alicorn Twilight.
*I was not shocked by alicorn Twilight.
*I don’t care for shipping. But, I don’t hate it either. It depends on the context.
*I don’t think that this is that amazing of a cartoon. But, that is why it’s so special to me. I am able to enjoy it so thoroughly for many personal reasons despite how flawed it can be. One of the few cartoons I’ve seen to make me have such a profound connection to a show. I am more of a video game guy, after all.
*Most bad episodes and developments don’t faze me very much because of this. The only one that I dislike enough to not want to rewatch is “Boast Busters”.
I don’t care for background characters all that much. But, I do get amused and fascinated, sometimes, by how the fandom uses them.
*The only time I’ve ever found Pinkie Pie annoying was in the latest episode: “Filli Vanilli”
*Season 3 was good. Not as good as all of the other seasons, to me. But, it holds some of the greatest moments in the entire series.
*I don’t love or hate the pop culture references in season 4.
*I thought the Flutterbat transformation was a brilliant development. Not for the reasons most people have. It could’ve had a less lazy explanation though.
*I don’t hate Flash Sentry. I think that he just is so insignificant, that I can’t even express any kind of solid opinion about him other than just being a throwaway character.
*I love Shining Armor and Cadence. And, I think that they were integrated well enough into the series.
*I think that Twilight Sparkle is one of the best protagonists I’ve ever seen in a cartoon.
*I think that nearly everyone inside and outside of this fandom overreacts to the impressions that this show has given them.
*I don’t love or hate Game Grumps. (Seriously, the staggering amount of Game Grumps fans is nuts here.) I can say the same about Egoraptor and JonTron.
*I don’t care about Dr. Who. (Another big one.)
*I love nearly all of the characters on this show as a whole, for the most part.
*I don’t hate any writers or Meghan McCarthy.
*In fact, I hate it when people have such a hostile dislike for one writer or another for this show. What ever happened to just liking or disliking certain episodes? To me, all of the writers of this show are one my favorite components. Whether they make bad episodes or not, they all have good qualities that shine through from time to time. Nobody is perfect. If I can enjoy the humor and charm in an episode as bad as “Spike at your Service”, then the writer is talented enough to still keep me entertained despite how badly set up something is.
I’ll come up with more opinions that I safely say are unpopular among bronies. Eventually.

Agreed.

I was a little shocked, but not utterly.

I like shipping, but I keep it to myself mostly.

It’s not perfect, but it is one of the best cartoons I’ve ever watched. Probably somewhere in the top ten. Or top five. I dunno.

Also agreed, except my most disliked episode is “Games Ponies Play”, because everypony in that episode got pegged with the Idiot Ball for some reason.

I don’t put up much of a fuss about background ponies. It’s fun to watch out for them, but I don’t base a lot of my liking of the show around them.

I don’t think I’ve ever found Pinkie annoying per se.

Season 3 WAS good. “Sleepless in Ponyville”? “Wonderbolts Academy”? Great episodes.

I’m neutral too. I sometimes think the fandom puts too much of a reaction to some. So one pony has a “Grumpy Cat” cutie mark. Who cares? I certainly don’t. It was a one-scene gag in the background, and that was it.

Meh.

I think Flash is the fandom punching bag, a character to dump abuse on because it’s funny. I don’t think he deserves this treatment, but I’m just one guy.

Oh yes. So very much.

Probably.

Yeah.

Don’t watch GameGrumps, so I don’t have an opinion.

Don’t watch Doctor Who either.

Yeah, me too.

Why hate the writers? Makes no sense.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@K_A  
I don’t see this series surviving intact for 9 years, at all. At this rate, it’s going to run out of drive long before that point. The My Little Pony five-year extension might make it through with a sequel.

Yeah…I feel like if FiM goes for another five years, it’s going to be the next SpongeBob Squarepants. Awesome episodes, big finale movie…except it’s not the finale. And then there will be episodes of wildly varying quality, from “okay” to “complete shit”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide