Unpopular opinion time

MadVillain
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Horses in the 🅱ack
@Kirb  
I don’t any of this seriously, it’s a show about talking magical horses. I rarely judge fetishes in general, let the gore fans have their gore and the scat fans have their scat.

What I do have a problem with is when people act superior because of their headcannons or ships.  
You think Twilight and Luna is a better ship than Flash and Twilight? Good for you, but don’t put down others for enjoying something you don’t.

However somethings are terrible and shouldn’t be allowed to exist. That OC Nyx for example. Fictitious incest isn’t one of them for me.
Olpert

@Kirb  
Bringing up things barely related to your point just because you feel strongly about them weakens the point you wanted to make. You invited people to drift from your topic yourself.

On that topic, I don’t understand the appeal of incest at all. As someone who is pretty close with his sister, I honestly think many people that like incest don’t have siblings themselves.
Kirb
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Stranded (Anthro/NSFW)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

MLP should do a parody episode of horror films. And I’m not just talking about a Scooby-Doo parody like Castle Mane-ia, I’m talking a legit parody of horror movies. Like how Power Ponies was a parody of superhero comic books.

Yes, I just found out about Wes Craven’s passing. How did you know?
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
All this talk about Starlight Glimmer and possibly reforming her makes me want to open a real can of worms. Give it some thought and Twilight Sparkle is every bit as extreme of a well intentioned extremist as Starlight Glimmer. It really shows if you rewatch Keep Calm and Flutter On and keep two things in mind:

1. There is no pressing need to reform Discord beyond “wanting to use his powers for good”. I know a lot of people insist Celestia knew Tirek was coming and was reforming him for that, but that’s just headcanon / fanwank at this point. There are no dire or immediate consequences if they fail to reform him beyond not having access to his abilities (which, lets be honest, two seasons later the ponies have still only bothered to use once).

2. Resealing him in stone is a constant option if they fail or Discord proves too difficult to control. The only thing that made it not plausible was Fluttershy promising not to, and keep in mind this was not known to Twilight until much later in the episode.

With that in mind, look at how quickly and how eagerly Twilight prepares to use a “reform” spell on him. At the absolute best the reform spell would be like a power limiter, but the name implies it will out-and-out brainwash or alter his mind to make him subservient. No matter how you slice it, it paints Twilight Sparkle as a character who is fully willing to use her powers to alter others and force them into subservience to suit her own needs. That is, in principal, the exact same thing Starlight was doing. The only real difference between her and Starlight Glimmer’s personality is that Twilight’s ideals follow the norm while Starlight’s go against it.
soundtea
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <soundtea> fappin to cartoon horses
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ocellus is best buggo
@DanielTepesKraus  
When you put it that way… that’s damn terrifying. For all we know, Starlight was a magical prodigy as a filly just like Twilight was, except that she had no outlet to develop her skills, no Princess or good sibling to steer her morals right, and no friends. Not to mention the fact that Starlight’s star follows the same design as Twilight’s just with less points.

Switch them at birth, and you’d likely have Princess Starlight going against a crazed utopia run by Twilight Sparkle in the future.
Jades

@DanielTepesKraus

Well to tell you the truth I agree with all your points but I don’t like season 3 Twilight for exactly that reason because of the morals they gave her in some episodes.

Quite honestly though Discord was really just reformed for fan service and nothing beyond that. Oh and possible character development because just like you said they still haven’t really used his powers at all.

The reason I don’t think Starlight should be redeemed is they most likely are going to come up with a excuse instead of a justification for her and it most likely will be botched just as badly as One Bad Apple or even worse.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
Let me add too, that I’m not saying that in a way like I’m complaining. I don’t see that as a plot hole or a problem with the show or anything like that. It’s fascinating, more than anything else, because I can’t tell if it is intentional on the writer’s part or just a coincidence.
soundtea
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Ocellus is best buggo
@Jades  
S2 Twilight wasn’t that far off either. Remember the fact that she has a spell designed to brainwash people into loving and fighting over any object or person?
soundtea

Ocellus is best buggo
@DanielTepesKraus  
Heck, it might even factor in partly in why she joins if the poster is truthful. Twilight sees herself in a way in Starlight, knows that she could be in Starlight’s place if life went differently, and takes her on as a student due to that.
Trickquestion

You know I hate Discord enough that Twilight just planning to turn him into a mindless slave was actually one of her few high points for me after she lost all my respect in Crystal Empire, but I still acknowledge it’s a pretty fucking shady thing to do.

Daniel’s right, Starlight deserves a second shot by virtue of Twilight’s continued main character status:
Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
@soundtea  
Or she seals her sorry ass in a pocket dimension where she can’t hurt anypony.

@Jades  
The reason I don’t think Starlight should be redeemed is they most likely are going to come up with a excuse instead of a justification for her and it most likely will be botched just as badly as One Bad Apple or even worse.

full
soundtea

Ocellus is best buggo
@Crystal Neighybánya  
That just gives me the idea of a screencap edit that shows Starlight as Princess and Twilight as the crazy equalist village leader. Switch their birthplaces and you’d have one oddly different yet not so different show.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME

will return
@Crystal Neighybánya  
I dunno. To the show’s credit they usually don’t handle that thing badly. So far we’ve had two major villain reformations:

Nightmare Moon to Luna which has actually been focused on repeatedly and she wasn’t immediately forgiven by the others or even herself. She had to work at it and prove herself.

Discord which, while rushed, there’s also the fact that the ponies wanted use of his powers and “reforming” him was the answer. Forgiveness was kind of a necessity of swaying him to their side.

There’s also Trixie but she was corrupted and, let’s be honest here, Ponyville had a few blows coming their way for what they did to Trixie.

Then there’s characters like Queen Chrysalis who has a debatably valid motivation, and got zero mercy from the ponies. They blasted her to kingdom come and didn’t even think twice.

It’s the comics that keep letting villains get away with murder and then “oh let’s forgive them” because Friendship Is Magic herp de derp. In fact, I even pointed out once that the Kelpie from the comics was identical to Chrysalis in motivation and even operation, yet got completely forgiven in a heartbeat.
Jades

@DanielTepesKraus

Wait people actually liked that failed attempt at a gray moral villain? She was way too op and yeah your basically right she felt just like Chrysalis. There’s a reason why these memes keep appearing around just from how stupid that moment was.
soundtea

Ocellus is best buggo
@DanielTepesKraus  
Yeah, I have faith that the show writers can reform Starlight very well. Haven’t seen much reason to doubt them yet when it comes to major villain reformations. Comics however, they really are bad at that. Remember the deer that got a slap on the wrist for wrecking mutiple cities and such?

I fully trust the show writers to make Glimmer’s reformation genuine.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide